Iron Man Jon Favreau reveals his Iron Man Design!!!

thealiasman2000 said:
Keep in mind that you are expecting the director of "Elf" and "Zathura" to do a serious adaptation of Stan Lee's comics.

It's "Fantastic Four" all over again...

The guy who ALSO directed Made.

When Tim Story directs a movie that heavy and that high quality, please let me know.

Here is THEEE official Iron Man design!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

13116260064.jpg

(ok no its not)

^ I think Favreau said Stark will try different variations of the armor till he gets to the one we know and love.

zanos said:
I can't wait till someone starts nitpicking over the larger left boot.
That boot is entirely too large! Also, the circle on the chest is too jagged!

thealiasman2000 said:
Keep in mind that you are expecting the director of "Elf" and "Zathura" to do a serious adaptation of Stan Lee's comics.

He mentions the X-Men movies and Batman Begins as his favorite superhero movies. He says he has no interest in the campy/corny aspect of comics. he said the movie wouldn´t be dark and brooding, but wouldn´t be comedic or self-parodic either.

Favreau mentioned he was really fond of Adi Granov's work on the Iron Man covers, and would like the suit to not only look modern aged, but based a bit upon it.

Something along the lines of this, and how he envisions it to look like would be appropriate with the amount of CGI and realism he'll be using.

thealiasman2000 said:

He also directed the excellent MADE, so you can't accuse the guy of not being diverse.

I say we wait to see what Favreau can do. After all, who thought Bryan Singer would've done the more actiony bits of X-Men so well, considering his more dramatic background?

Favreau is cool, man.

I get the feeling that he'll be throwing more stuff our way as time goes by (certainly more than most directors).

He also seems to know his stuff.

If that's the actual suit i'm watching this movie, that suit looks mean, wow the artist was just incredible. can't wait to see this movie now!

str8raz0r said:
He also directed the excellent MADE, so you can't accuse the guy of not being diverse.

I say we wait to see what Favreau can do. After all, who thought Bryan Singer would've done the more actiony bits of X-Men so well, considering his more dramatic background?

If only Singer could have done the Sabertooth vs. Wolverine fight well. That fight was so lame, it was just Sabertooth throwing Wolverine around, and occassionally, Wolverine stabbed him. The Wolvie and Mystique fight was much better.

From the comic book point of view , Adi Granov's covers are Iron Man are fantastic. David Finch and Steve McNiven have very good Iron Man art too.

A similar design from either of the three artwork would be nice.

Spider-Fan930 said:
If only Singer could have done the Sabertooth vs. Wolverine fight well. That fight was so lame, it was just Sabertooth throwing Wolverine around, and occassionally, Wolverine stabbed him. The Wolvie and Mystique fight was much better.

what you meant to say was.... the FIGHT COORDINATOR could have done the Sabretooth vs. Wolverine fight better

Spider-Fan930 said:

Kinda like what Prodigy said, the fight coordinator was more to blame.

However, if you wanna get technical, Sabretooth was more of a big hulking lummox than anything in that movie, so a more lithe, acrobatic fight like Mystique/Wolvie would seem weird to come outta nowhere after he's been portrayed as a big feral dope in the Canada fight.

I think Favreau will do all right however...I never saw ZATHURA, but it seems like (from the trailer, anyhoo), that he has a good eye for more action-packed sequences. I'm just hoping that he won't aim for that winking self-aware comic camp that a lot of the movies seem to have.

str8raz0r said:
Kinda like what Prodigy said, the fight coordinator was more to blame.

However, if you wanna get technical, Sabretooth was more of a big hulking lummox than anything in that movie, so a more lithe, acrobatic fight like Mystique/Wolvie would seem weird to come outta nowhere after he's been portrayed as a big feral dope in the Canada fight.

I think Favreau will do all right however...I never saw ZATHURA, but it seems like (from the trailer, anyhoo), that he has a good eye for more action-packed sequences. I'm just hoping that he won't aim for that winking self-aware comic camp that a lot of the movies seem to have.

Ya but that is because Singer made the choice to show him as big dumb lumox, instead of an effeciantly trained killer with psychopathic tendancies as he has always been in the comics. Had they have ACURATELY portaryed the character that fight scene would have been one for the ages! I mean read the Wolverine comics, #160 through #170 I think, Logan and Creed go at it hardcore in a battle of the ages, using skill and tactics, not just brawn and claws!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"