Jurassic World: Dominion

I'm one of the few that really liked Fallen Kingdom so I'm pretty excited about the new one, specially with everyone coming back. Couldn't be better. Hope Trevorrow delivers.

I’m there with you a fellow fan don’t worry haha. But I love this franchise in general one of my favorites, it’s just pure fun. Always a good time.

I've slept on Fallen Kingdom until tonight, because

A) I'm not a big fan of Jurassic World, which I found mostly bland, unengaging, somewhat sloppily made and lacking any real vision
B) adding to my initial interest, the trailers didn't do really much for me (despite some nice shots)
C) Per the Internet, this was not as good as good as Jurassic World, and I really wasn't pumped to watch something even worse.

We all do mistakes. And sometimes I do the very same mistakes I warn other people of. And once again I had to relearn NEVER to trust any general opinion on the Internet, because it ain't worth ****.

Because Fallen Kingdom is BRILLIANT. It's fun, tense, ballsy, atmospheric, well directed and shot and the best Jurassic Park movie since The Lost World (and now my #3 movie in the franchise).

It's a bummer that Colin Trevorrow is back in the director's seat. I would have LOVED to see another JA Bayona sequel.

More than a title, I’m excited what variation of the Jurassic Park/World logo on the poster will be like.

maxresdefault.jpg

God, i hate the JP3 logo.

Used to love it as a kid, but among all the other JP logos, it looks so out of place.

The TLW and FK ones might be my favorite.

Can't wait to see the Dominion one!

Last edited:
Man if they actually go back to using the classic JP Font Logo for this movie that would make me very happy. God do I miss that red, black and gold coloring. TLW logo has always been my favorite.

A) I'm not a big fan of Jurassic World, which I found mostly bland, unengaging, somewhat sloppily made and lacking any real vision
B) adding to my initial interest, the trailers didn't do really much for me (despite some nice shots)
C) Per the Internet, this was not as good as good as Jurassic World, and I really wasn't pumped to watch something even worse.

We all do mistakes. And sometimes I do the very same mistakes I warn other people of. And once again I had to relearn NEVER to trust any general opinion on the Internet, because it ain't worth ****.

Because Fallen Kingdom is BRILLIANT. It's fun, tense, ballsy, atmospheric, well directed and shot and the best Jurassic Park movie since The Lost World (and now my #3 movie in the franchise).

It's a bummer that Colin Trevorrow is back in the director's seat. I would have LOVED to see another JA Bayona sequel.
I love it as well though I can see why people didn't. The villains were incredibly cartoony but was able to get past that. Claire and Owen were far less annoying than they were in JW and I love Bayona's direction. JW's ending was a bit of a CGI mess and though I enjoyed it overall, FK was superior in my opinion.

Glade to see i am not the only one that liked fallen kingdom has it fells like i am some times lol.

1. JP
2. Fallen Kingdom
3. Jurassic world
4. Lost world
5. JP3

JP is easily my favorite JP3 is the only one i dont like. Fallen kingdom is easily my second favorite. Fallen kingdom is way more intense then JW, and the kid actress is way less annoying then the kids in JW. Also its clear that they used more animictranites in FK then in JW and also JW had a odd blue tent that made things look less real compared to FK.

Animatronics. :D
But yeah, I agree. The movie is simply much more vivid and alive, better made and told, because Bayona is much better at micro- and macro narration, and knows how to make each scene interesting and the movie exciting as a whole.
Trevorrow never seems to be able to create the right atmosphere and tension, and despite good ideas and concepts, the movie moves along passively and feels hollow. He's also not as gifted on the technical side, as the dinosaurs never feel real. He should've stuck with writing the script and leave the directing to someone else. Let's hope he's gotten Better. Even Joss Whedon did a much better job with Avengers: Age of Ultron after his 1990s network TV effort on the first one.

For me it's
1. Jurassic Park
2. The Lost World - Jurassic Park
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
4. Jurassic Park III & Jurassic World (TIE)

For me

- Jurassic Park
- TLW, JW and JWFK (three way tie in no particular order)
- JP3

But I don’t hate or dislike any of them, like I said just has always been one of my favorite franchises. Of course there’s a couple things in each film where I’m like ehh be it a character I don’t like or a choice that was made I might not agree with. Doesn’t change my overall feeling though.

Growing up obsessed with all things dinosaurs and then all the films coming out. Can’t wait to see the final one for this trilogy. Love Pratt and have such a crush on Bryce :hrt: The original 3 returning as well, let’s gooooo

giphy.gif

Last edited:
For me

- Jurassic Park
- TLW, JW and JWFK (three way tie in no particular order)
- JP3

But I don’t hate or dislike any of them, like I said just has always been one of my favorite franchises. Of course there’s a couple things in each film where I’m like ehh be it a character I don’t like or a choice that was made I might not agree with. Doesn’t change my overall feeling though.

Growing up obsessed with all things dinosaurs and then all the films coming out. Can’t wait to see the final one for this trilogy. Love Pratt and have such a crush on Bryce :hrt: The original 3 returning as well, let’s gooooo

giphy.gif
My ranking would be similar. The first is the only one that has real cinematic magic for me but I can enjoy them all.

I would have liked fallen kingdom more if tje second half didn't take place in that mansion with the laughably huge basement. Maybe a change of pace like an old army base or something hidden in the desert

That first full body shot of the CG brachiosaurus had everybody in the theatre gasping, I remember that **** to this day.

I would have liked fallen kingdom more if tje second half didn't take place in that mansion with the laughably huge basement. Maybe a change of pace like an old army base or something hidden in the desert

I liked the fact that it was set in a mansion. It gave the movie a gothic, haunted house feeling, and actually WAS a change of pace for the franchise. Much more than any army base or installation hidden in the desert would have been.

It took me out of the movie.

Last edited:
That first full body shot of the CG brachiosaurus had everybody in the theatre gasping, I remember that **** to this day.
Great reactions from Sam Neill and Laura Dern also really helped sell that. :D: Good music during it too. There’s quite a few moments like that in the film for me.

I liked the fact that it was set in a mansion. It gave the movie a gothic, haunted house feeling, and actually WAS a change of pace for the franchise. Much more than any army base or installation hidden in the desert would have been.

I loved when the second half took place in the mansion. Also loved the designs of Indominus in JW and the Indoraptor in FK, extremely creepy.

Yep. Still one of my all time favourite films and one of the best ever in-cinema experiences. I never get bored of rewatching it either.

Same one of my all time favorites that I can constantly watch and still be fascinated by every single time.

I mean, she was always a babe but damn. Maybe it’s just because more recently she’s taken roles where she’s been able to give a more commanding performance.

I think she looks better nowadays than she did back in the circa Jurassic Park days. She doesn't look as awkward as she used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"