Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda like both sequels themselves. :awesome:

Although I enjoy them both and it hurts to see the quality drop. :csad:

And, uh...well...there it is.

Stoic monkey?:huh:

Stoic. Monkey.

agq9c5H.gif

I love JP 1 and 2, I don't like 3 at all. The only good thing about 3 is Alan Grant is back. The movie is just a retread of Jurassic Park 1 and 2 and feel like a cash grab sequel. I know Lost World gets knocked for annoying characters, dialogue but the parents in JP 3 were WAAY more annoying than any character in lost world.

I loved The Lost World when I first saw it as a kid. Now I just like it. I liked Jurassic Park III up until the T-Rex got killed.

My issue with The Lost World was the moment after Eddie Carr dies. The entire second act is literally the characters just running around; in fact, watching it again, I never noticed how Ian and Sarah are almost negated to the background until they reached the compound. Even then it's just them running around.

Then you got the third act. Again more running. Barely any dialog. I mean you got guys like Roland speaking here and there but never once was it real character development.

I swear that David Koepp wrote only the first act, and then played by the ear with the second and third.

And Ian went from the neurotic, cynical and humorous genius Goldblum to...domesticated and tired Goldblum.

While I understand the third act was stapled on for the chase/blockbuster cheese value, I find the chase to recover Arby in the High-Hide's cage from the raptors more exciting than the San Diego sequence. Each time I read it, I think, "Why couldn't they have done that, instead of the T-rex rampage in San Diego?"

New dinosaur coming up: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102431

We don't know very much about what to expect in the upcoming Jurassic Park 4, but one thing we can guarantee is Velociraptors and a T-Rex or two. A new feature in USA Today, however, teased that a brand new set of teeth will be appearing in the film as well.

"I can't actually tell you who that will be," said paleontologist Jack Horner, who served as technical advisor for the previous "Jurassic Park" films and will consult on the new film. "But you'll want to keep the lights on after you see this movie."

Any guesses about what it will be? What scary dinosaurs have they not resurrected? Check back here for any more details about the film as they emerge.

The Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment production will be produced by Frank Marshall and Patrick Crowley with Steven Spielberg as Executive Producer. The script was written by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes). Safety Not Guaranteed's Colin Trevorrow will direct the movie, which is planning a June 13, 2014 release date.

Considering we will never know the majority of dinosaurs that lived due to lack of fossil remains we can make speculations about what mnight have existed. This new dinosaur could be an original creation. A speculation someone thought up. It doesn't need to be something we have a fossil record of. Besides the dinosaurs in this franchise are all BS anyways. Yeah, there were T-Rex and Raptors etc but they were nothing like the ones portrayed in this franchise. So if I had to make a guess this new terrifying dinosaur won't be one from our childhood fantasies.

Last edited:
[YT]JkZVCk-5HdY[/YT]

Here's to hoping it's the dinosaur from the Lost World that could blend in like a chameleon. Forgot the name though

edit: Found it! Carnotaurus

I'm really excited to find out what new dino they're talking about.

I'd like to see some amphibious/aquatic dinosaurs, like a mosasaur plesiosaur. Or a megladon lol.

They announced it already. The new dinosaur is:

nicolas-cage-jurassic-park-t-rex-dinosaur.jpg

I'd like to see some amphibious/aquatic dinosaurs, like a mosasaur plesiosaur. Or a megladon lol.

It's too bad the one in JP3 was obscured in fog. I assume that was an aquatic dinosaur that got the driver??? I'd like to actually see a water dinosaur, but it presents a lot of problems. They could only get at the characters in a small vessel or when they were free floating. They are such big and effective killers in water and humans are so ineffective in open ocean that our characters wouldn't stand a chance. It would be over in a matter of seconds. I can't see anyway a human stranded in the ocean could fight off one. Maybe with a rocket grenade, but shooting one of those on target while keeping your head above water in the open ocean would be damn near impossible.

Last edited:
It's too bad the one in JP3 was obscured in fog. I assume that was an aquatic dinosaur that got the driver???
I always assumed it was the Spinosaurus.

Here's to hoping it's the dinosaur from the Lost World that could blend in like a chameleon. Forgot the name though

edit: Found it! Carnotaurus

That's what I was thinking as well.

Would be easier to see in the light when it blends in. Don't know why else that guy would say that you're going to keep the lights on after you see the movie.

Yeah, because we're all 5 year olds. :whatever:

Do you guys think they will still use some practical effects for the dinos in this or just 100% cgi?

^ i think they might stay with the practical effects. I sure as heck still love the look of the dinosaurs from the previous movies to this day, they look fantastic.

The Bimasaurus! :woot:
I hear that kind hates overhyped bounty hunters :oldrazz:

Eh, I'd hardly call a Troodon scary. It's their intelligence and pack-hunting that made them dangerous, which is something we've already seen in the raptors, who don't need to be in packs to be formidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"