Just received my Michael Keaton as Batman bust !

Bruce_Wayne29

Sidekick
Reaction score
11012011096.jpg

Just received the Michael Keaton as Batman official bust from DC Direct and I love it !
Next stop the soon to be released Michael Keaton statue.

I'm way disappointed in both of these releases... To wait 20 years for a great Keaton, and get these? They aren't sculpted terribly well, and they just don't look that much like Keaton's Batman. :doh:

Piccy is a bit blurry to make out detail on his face.

yeah... the base looks nice, that's about it. What a shame.

The eyes are wrong. :o

when the hell is the statue suppose to be released? i've pre-ordered that thing since September and nothing so far :cmad:

This was supposed to be released in october and it just made it to the shops a couple weeks ago. Im assuming the statues will also follow suit and not show up until next month at the soonest.

I pre ordered these way back in June of 2010. Im skipping both of them though. After seeing the mini bust in person I was very disappointed and told my buddy at the comic shop to sell it to someone else. Same for the statue. Not worth the price at all. Plus, Ive stopped collecting Batman merch. all together now so it just didnt make sense to me to drop the coin on something I just really dont want.

The statues are now supposed to be released on Feb. 9th.
As for the bust, given it's in porcelain (as the statue) I think it's a pretty good likeness. The photos are a bit deceiving. At first, I was a bit disappointed but everytime I come into the room it looks better and better.
I can't wait for the statue and the upcoming Hot Toys figures.

If the ears were shorter, and the eyes were different, it would be pretty cool. But what's with the eyes? He looks......strange.:wow:

Its not an accurate head/cowl sculpt. The piece should instantly be recognizable as Keaton. Its not. The cowl should be a matte black, not shiny, the face paint app is just awful. The quality should just be much higher.

Its pretty darn sad that these professional companies get OWNED, and I mean OWNED by fan made stuff. Toys, movies, statues, etc. Its so sad!
For example, Batman: Dead End. Never have I seen a modern Batman so greatly brought to screen. I don't see why they don't understand.

I know, eh... great custom piece. I think the bat-symbol on the chest needs re-working but other than that it's a stunner.

I would rather wait for the Hot Toys Keaton and Nicholson figures than one of these bust/statues, From all I've seen and hard the likenesses on these bust/statues are none too good. I have confidence that Hot Toys will likely nail the look. And they'll be poseable.

I wonder if Hot Toys will do Batman & Batman Returns versions of Keaton?

I'd buy one of the Penguin. I'd love a diorama of him in front of his rack of umbrellas.

I'll save up for anything Hot Toys does from the Burton films. :up:

Those custom figures out there on ebay are terrific, better than the official stuff.

i cant wait for some pics of the hot toys keaton and nicholson figures, that is bound to be amazing. its been too long.

I was really excited about this until I saw the actual pics of it.

Got my statue 2 weeks ago and looks great. I took these photos but frankly (thanks to the flash, etc) they don't do it justice.
11032011118.jpg

11032011119.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"