• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kaitlin Olson is 'The Mick' on FOX

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Series Ordered
THE MICK (single camera)
STUDIO: 20th Century Fox TV/3 Arts
TEAM: John Chernin (w, ep), Dave Chernin (d, ep), Randall Einhorn (d, ep), Oly Obst (ep), Nicholas Frenkel (ep)
LOGLINE: With a fish-out-of-water theme, it centers on a hard-living, foul-mouthed woman who moves to affluent Greenwich, CT, to raise the spoiled kids of her wealthy sister who has fled the country to avoid a federal indictment. She quickly learns what the rest of us already know: Other people’s children are awful.
CAST: Kaitlin Olson, Sofia Black D’Elia, Carla Jimenez, Thomas Barbusca, Jack Stanton
It's Always Sunny actress + It's Always Sunny writers + It's Always Sunny director = Please don't drop this at the ass-end of April and pretend you actually tried, FOX. Please...

CiM_nBYUkAAAAQq.jpg

Trailer
[YT]MQ6Jg5i_pqc[/YT]

Dee, you goddamn b****, riding your sister's misfortunes into your own personal gain. Goddamn bird.

Premieres tonight. 8 PM. :up:

Tried watching this before B99 after the full-frontal assault of promotion the show has gotten the last few months.

Brutally unfunny.

Sort of reminds me of the TV version of Bad Teacher.

I thought it was just okay. But then again lots of comedies have had pilots that were just okay and got better afterwards. I'll stick around for the next episode at least.

Yeah, it wasn't a home run, but it was funny enough for me to believe it'll just take a bit of time for things to really start to gel.

I'm just glad that, considering much of the creative team is from It's Always Sunny, Mickey isn't just Dee off on her own, away from the gang. Dee is painfully insecure and craves inclusion, while Mickey just doesn't give a rat's ass.

I'm just glad that, considering much of the creative team is from It's Always Sunny, Mickey isn't just Dee off on her own, away from the gang. Dee is painfully insecure and craves inclusion, while Mickey just doesn't give a rat's ass.
I was afraid of it being a Dee spinoff without the rest of the gang, but I'm glad the character is different. Granted, Dee probably isn't above drinking straight NyQuil or stealing ice cream, but she definitely wouldn't be able to dodge a taser like Mickey did.

I watched, I laughed, ill be tuning in every week via Hulu.

Normal timeslot tonight, after New Girl.

Thought tonight was a bit of an improvement. Wonder if the grandparents are going to pop up again.

Episode airing after The Simpsons tonight.

I've enjoyed this so far. It's not hysterical, but entertaining enough for me.

I like this. Reminds me of Sunny if the gang had redeeming qualities.

That clown OD'ed was hilarious.

I've enjoyed this so far. It's not hysterical, but entertaining enough for me.

I feel the same way. It has potential. It is on par with (if not better than, in some cases) seasons one of Sunny, 30 Rock, The Office, and Parks and Rec. It took a season as well as some additions and tweaks before those writers really hit their stride and the shows became classics. I feel like this has potential to get there. It may not. But the potential is there and that will keep me around for awhile.

That being said, in terms of Fox comedies, I would give this one up in a heart beat if meant that The Grinder would come back.

This show has gotten better as the season progresses.

I wasn't sure this would be good or not. Fortunately Caitlin Olon is playing a different type of character similar but not quite as depraved as Dee.

Finale tonight, I believe.

Yup, tonight's the finale. At 17, though. That's such a weird number for a finale.

I think it was originally supposed to be 13 but I guess the network added another couple of episodes when it was doing okay in the ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"