Iron Man Kevin Feige talks "Iron Man"!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0712/31/index.htm

Marvel Studios' next film -- Iron Man, set for a May 2 release -- has been one of its longest-gestating movies.

At one point over the years Tom Cruise was rumored to be involved, and, at other, Smallville creators Al Gough and Miles Millar developed a script for New Line. It has since become Marvel's first self-produced movie, with Paramount Pictures handling distribution, Jon Favreau directing and Robert Downey Jr. starring.

"These movies have a time and have a place, and nobody knows when they are. It's all about when they come together," said Kevin Feige, Marvel's president of production. "There were a number of scripts that were developed. It was set up other studios in the past, and for whatever reason -- the scripts never quite worked or whoever was running the studio at the time didn't quite see it or didn't quite get it or the right filmmakers weren't popping up or were interested.

"We were very lucky that we, as Marvel, got the rights back. And we sat down and it was a clean slate. We didn't look at or use any of the drafts that had come before. We said, listen, it's us now. We have no excuses. We're going to have to be the ones to answer the tough questions. Let's look back at the comics, let's look at the origin, and how can we bring that to life.

"And when we met with Jon, who had found out about the project and was very interested in it, we found out we were all on the same page and he was bring some great things to it as well."

Feige said that he has been pleased with the level of commitment of the actors for the movie.

"I've been working on these films for almost eight or nine years and to see the enthusiasm people bring to them now," Feige said. "Because they understand it's not just a costume show, it's not just a play time for kids. They understand that these are big movies that people care about."

Feige said star Robert Downey Jr. "literally moved into the production office with us" for two months before production started.

"Just researching the role, researching the character and being a part of the script adjustments we were making," Feige said. "So these people have devoted a good portion of their time to it."

Marvel Studio's next film? LOL It's their 1st film.

Nice read, thanks. Four months to go from today!:grin: :grin: :grin:

Four months seems so close, but yet so far away.

I hope Marvel will get other licenses back, like Fantastic Four, Daredevil, or pretty much all the ones Fox has, so they can remake them into better films. Iron Man looks fantastic and I can't wait to see it in theatre.

^I couldn't agree more. I seriously think Marvel really wants to be to comics films what Pixar is to CGI animated films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"