Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hope this happens . All I want is oner sequel , and I will be content . The film was freaking awesome

I knew the movie was going to be violent, but even so, I thought it was "too" violent.

I didn't like how Hit-Girl and Big Daddy put that guy in that car compactor, AFTER he told them everything they needed to know. That was very un-heroic of them. Something a villain would do, not a hero.

Nevertheless, I am curious about the sequel.

Last edited:
I really hope this happens, and soon, before Chloe Moretz is too old to play Hit Girl.

I really hope this happens, and soon, before Chloe Moretz is too old to play Hit Girl.
She's probably already too old to play the version in the KA2 comic. But if they go the route I was hearing from Vaughn a while back (Unforgiven/History of Violence) it won't matter how old she is.

I knew the movie was going to be violent, but even so, I thought it was "too" violent.

I didn't like how Hit-Girl and Big Daddy put that guy in that car compactor, AFTER he told them everything they needed to know. That was very un-heroic of them. Something a villain would do, not a hero.

That's kind of the point, IMO.

I'm torn on this, LOVED the first movie, but if Vaughn comes back, it means he wont be for FC2, and I would rather him to that, but I dont want a different director for KA2 either.

Kick Ass is a far better film than X Men . Maybe its better that Chloe has gotten a bit older . ... Her playing a junior or senior in High school could work better

am not usually that attached to directors when it comes to movie series but i honestly can't see anyone else directing this movie, but the same goes for x-men fc2, Vaughn needs to clone himself or something

I'm torn on this, LOVED the first movie, but if Vaughn comes back, it means he wont be for FC2, and I would rather him to that, but I dont want a different director for KA2 either.

am not usually that attached to directors when it comes to movie series but i honestly can't see anyone else directing this movie, but the same goes for x-men fc2, Vaughn needs to clone himself or something
:)

I wasn't as enamored with XM:FC as most...but the stories I was hearing about the production of that movie would make it tough for anyone to turn out a masterpiece. I think Vaughn would do much better with it if he is onboard from the beginning.

I would also rather he do KA2 than XM:FC2 given a choice. But that choice isn't on the table apparently. :(

Kick Ass is a far better film than X Men . Maybe its better that Chloe has gotten a bit older . ... Her playing a junior or senior in High school could work better

I like Kick Ass alot, but I have to disagree; I think First Class is a better movie, and even Chloe Moretz (who I thought was the MVP of KA) wasn't as good as Fassbender in FC.

I fully agree.

I also don't see why Vaughn is pussying out of directing Kick-Ass 2. I hope he will write the script and be in charge of the score at the very least.

Loved Kick-Ass, but it's not the type of movie where I'm dying for a sequel or franchise. X:FC however, is exactly that type of property. Plethora of material and two well-established leads that we are so fortunate to have.

If X-Men is in any way affected by Vaughn directing this, I'd be against it.

I LOVED Kick-Ass, its an amazing movie, but its not better than X-Men: First Class, i'm sorry I couldnt agree there.

I like Kick Ass alot, but I have to disagree; I think First Class is a better movie, and even Chloe Moretz (who I thought was the MVP of KA) wasn't as good as Fassbender in FC.

Agreed, again Kick-Ass is an amazing movie, but First Class was better, Vaughn just goes from strength to strength with each movie. In an ideal world, he could do KA2 and FC2 straight after seeing as its only just being written, we'll see though. Neither sequel is a sure thing at the moment.

She's probably already too old to play the version in the KA2 comic. But if they go the route I was hearing from Vaughn a while back (Unforgiven/History of Violence) it won't matter how old she is.

That's true. And I won't mind them saying that the events in the KA2 comic happen a few years after the events of KA1, rather than just months. I just hope this doesn't reside in Production Hell for so long that Chloe had just finished her first Playboy Celebrity Layout.

I think cause they were vigilantes and not heroes

I think cause they were vigilantes and not heroes

Good point. They were meant to be more like The Punisher than Batman and Robin. I think the superheroic costumes they wore might have thrown some people off, expecting them to act more like The Dynamic Duo. Of course, in the movie that may have been done on purpose to instill a "Holy S#!t" reaction from the audience. In the comics, Big Daddy was actually dressed more like The Punisher in a red mask than he was like Batman. It was the movie producers who decided to change his outfit to a near replica of Batman's.

I'll believe KA2 is happening when I see it, tbh.

And you're basing this on what? Looking in your crystal ball?

My thoughts exactly. They've barely announced that they're planning on a KA2 movie. What? You expected they would have it in the can already? They still need to write the script, find a director (if they can't get the same people who did the first one), cast all the new characters, recast some of the old characters (some of the actors might not be available), and shoot and edit the damn thing. Going from "We're planning on making a KA2 movie pretty soon" to "This ain't gonna happen" is a little extreme.

Basing it on :

Millar talks out of his ass more than anyone on this planet. Seriously.

It's pretty much confirmed Kick-Ass 2 is dead in the water, like think about it guys.

It's pretty much confirmed Kick-Ass 2 is dead in the water, like think about it guys.

Confirmed by who? And take your own advice and "think" for a second.

Millar says he wants to do it, especially before Chloe Moretz grows too old. The studio wants to do it. The actors want to do it. Vaughn is reticent about it but he will produce at the very least (as he is producing another 2 of Millar's movies).

Now, recently the lead actress said she will start prepping for a highly anticipated movie. Cross-reference that with her upcoming projects and you only get one single match: Kick-Ass 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"