Kill Bill Vol 3

Quentin Tarantino Wants Kill Bill 3 to Star Uma Thurman & Maya Hawke

“I think it’s just revisiting the characters 20 years later and just imagining the Bride and her daughter, B.B., having 20 years of peace, and then that peace is shattered,” Tarantino teased. “And now the Bride and B.B. are on the run and just the idea of being able to cast Uma and cast her daughter Maya in the thing would be f—ing exciting.”

He also went on to share that previous characters including Elle Driver, Sophie Fatale, and Gogo’s twin sister could also appear in the potential project. “Elle Driver is still out there, Sophie Fatale got her arm cut off, but she’s still out there,” He said. “They all got Bill’s money. Actually, Gogo had a twin sister Shiaki, and so her twin sister could show up.”

I'd be down for this, but would Tarantino actually direct it? He's said that he's got one more film in him but I don't think it would be a sequel.

If he really plans on retiring after his next movie I’d rather he do another original story than a sequel

I ran in here so fast thinking it was something official. Just QT being QT.

Kill Bill always felt like an unfinished story to me though. Would love to revisit that story. That and Pulp Fiction.

Always imagined a revenge story where Jules went off the grid and has no clue Butch killed Vince until decades later. And then he decides to hunt Butch down. But it'd be this kinda weird story about two old dudes who don't wanna fight anymore, but feel like they have to. Jules to avenge his friend and Butch to protect his family. And Jules is better at killing, but less familiar with new technology. And Butch hasn't fought in years, even got help with his anger, but is at least more familiar with how the modern world works.

But that's just my own head canon and would probably just ruin the legacy of Pulp Fiction anyway. Kill Bill Vol. 3 on the other hand feels deserving of a follow-up. Because Nikki is still out there and I imagine wants to make good on the advice The Bride gave her.

Last edited:
He's said that he's got one more film in him but I don't think it would be a sequel.

I don't know how serious he is about that one more movie left thing. He was on Marc Maron and said that got blown out of proportion, although he didn't deny it or confirm it. I'm thinking he's going to leave his options open.

I don't know how serious he is about that one more movie left thing. He was on Marc Maron and said that got blown out of proportion, although he didn't deny it or confirm it. I'm thinking he's going to leave his options open.
He does seem to have a lot of gas in the tank and doesn't really seem ready for retirement. Especially since he takes his time in between projects.

Ooh... I must have missed that episode.

I LOVE to a large degree the idea that he gives us ten and walks away.

To put it in terms Q himself might grok to...

The Beatles.

The Rolling Stones.

The two giants of 1960's British Invasion Rock And Roll.

The Beatles died when Lennon was killed. There would never be a reunion of all four. No new music from the group as it was. No "final/farewell" tour. Nothing new. They are in the popular imagination encased in the amber of popular collective memory as... Pure. Unchanged. Timeless.

The Stones on the other hand... Mick with his ego won't let them die. Whatever juice can be squeezed out will be vacuumed up and sent to marketing. Yes... The Stones still play and make music but nothing, NOTHING they have recorded has the impact of their classic heyday since... The early 80's at best? Maybe? The endless "final" tours the promise that THIS new album will get the world to notice them again... Just the unkind ravages of time where literal great grandfathers are still prancing around to SATISFACTION... They don't have a real mystique to them anymore or it has been greatly reduced.

And that is the catch 22 here.

Q quits after ten and his estimation in the world of film gets frozen as it is now. A darling of most of the cognoscenti who is still appealing to film fans in their teens, twenties and thirty somethings today who are discovering his filmography.

But... We don't ever get anymore fully realized, purely Q films. Just ten.

The flip? He continues on and numbers 11, 12 and 13 are indeed up to the brilliance of 1-10... But then 14 is "Meh. Not bad but... Not great." 15 is "What was he thinking?" 16 is "Fine... But I've seen all this before" and so on. Now he's an important director of note but we all know that his earlier work was just better all around.

And let me just add...

I am aware this attitude is sophomoric pose ****. It ain't rational. Whether or not he retires or if he goes on to make more movies and they don't blow up my skirt, well who cares? Q making a lackluster film or a plain ole turd doesn't affect how much I adore Kill Bill or takes away from the adrenaline shot that STILL is Pulp Fiction.

But... No other film maker has mastered and harnessed "cool" the way Q has. Some try... But they aren't on his level.

And when it is all said and done him walking away after ten and not looking back?

That's just ****ing cool.

@Black Narcissus @flickchick85 you two have on opinion?

I mean... You gots to have an opinion? :cwink::word:

Ooh... I must have missed that episode.

I LOVE to a large degree the idea that he gives us ten and walks away.

To put it in terms Q himself might grok to...

The Beatles.

The Rolling Stones.

The two giants of 1960's British Invasion Rock And Roll.

The Beatles died when Lennon was killed. There would never be a reunion of all four. No new music from the group as it was. No "final/farewell" tour. Nothing new. They are in the popular imagination encased in the amber of popular collective memory as... Pure. Unchanged. Timeless.

The Stones on the other hand... Mick with his ego won't let them die. Whatever juice can be squeezed out will be vacuumed up and sent to marketing. Yes... The Stones still play and make music but nothing, NOTHING they have recorded has the impact of their classic heyday since... The early 80's at best? Maybe? The endless "final" tours the promise that THIS new album will get the world to notice them again... Just the unkind ravages of time where literal great grandfathers are still prancing around to SATISFACTION... They don't have a real mystique to them anymore or it has been greatly reduced.

And that is the catch 22 here.

Q quits after ten and his estimation in the world of film gets frozen as it is now. A darling of most of the cognoscenti who is still appealing to film fans in their teens, twenties and thirty somethings today who are discovering his filmography.

But... We don't ever get anymore fully realized, purely Q films. Just ten.

The flip? He continues on and numbers 11, 12 and 13 are indeed up to the brilliance of 1-10... But then 14 is "Meh. Not bad but... Not great." 15 is "What was he thinking?" 16 is "Fine... But I've seen all this before" and so on. Now he's an important director of note but we all know that his earlier work was just better all around.

And let me just add...

I am aware this attitude is sophomoric pose ****. It ain't rational. Whether or not he retires or if he goes on to make more movies and they don't blow up my skirt, well who cares? Q making a lackluster film or a plain ole turd doesn't affect how much I adore Kill Bill or takes away from the adrenaline shot that STILL is Pulp Fiction.

But... No other film maker has mastered and harnessed "cool" the way Q has. Some try... But they aren't on his level.

And when it is all said and done him walking away after ten and not looking back?

That's just ****ing cool.

@Black Narcissus @flickchick85 you two have on opinion?

I mean... You gots to have an opinion? :cwink::word:
I mean, I don't think any director should hold themselves to a number just because. If they've got more movies in them then they should go for it. Obviously it would be cool if more directors quit after they reached their peak and just left us with the good stuff, but realistically...do they know when that is at the time? To me the trick is to avoid getting to that point where you're making movies just because studios ask you to (in $$$). Fewer BTS videos like that one of a post-Dementor's Kiss Peter Jackson talking about The Hobbit, please. But if QT has more movies in his brain that he wants to make, then I think not doing so purely out of some determination to stick to magic number of 10 is just plain dumb.

I mean, I don't think any director should hold themselves to a number just because. If they've got more movies in them then they should go for it. Obviously it would be cool if more directors quit after they reached their peak and just left us with the good stuff, but realistically...do they know when that is at the time? To me the trick is to avoid getting to that point where you're making movies just because studios ask you to (in $$$). Fewer BTS videos like that one of a post-Dementor's Kiss Peter Jackson talking about The Hobbit, please. But if QT has more movies in his brain that he wants to make, then I think not doing so purely out of some determination to stick to magic number of 10 is just plain dumb.

Hell Hitchcock made over 50 films and more or less many of them are classics. Like you said, let him go for it if he can do it.

Just don’t get us all excited saying you’ll do a Kill Bill anime, a Kill Bill 3 or a Vega brothers movie and then don’t do em.

Nah, this is just QT being QT. I've listened to the pod ep where he mentions this. He also had a Bill origin, but he talks about that and this as an animated flick. Hell, I think he should just write them as novels now. He went on and on as to how he has OUATIH as a play, and he has like complete different material for it as well, it would take place in Rome.

But I already got my casting choice for Nikki.

latest

00-story-zazie.jpg

I don’t think he’s making this. He actually said IF he were to go out on another huge epic, it would be Kill Bill 3. However, he said he wants OUATIH to be his big epic finale and wants to end it on a much smaller “epilogy” type film. And that an idea will come to him after the play happens and he wraps up the book he’s currently writing.

I’m gonna cross Star Trek & Kill Beatrix off the list. It’ll probably be an original, not a big sequel. Either a 1930’s gangster flick, a body horror flick or something else that is out of left field.

Kill Bill is a classic and easily the best Tarantino film, in my opinion, but I don’t necessarily want his last movie to be a third volume—although in many ways it feels appropriate. I was not a fan of OUATIH, so it’s disappointing to hear that’s what he’s considering it to be his last big epic finale. However, I don’t necessarily know how I feel about his last film feeling smaller since The Hateful 8 comes to mind and that film didn’t get the attention it deserved on the same level of Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds.

KB is my favorite QT movie too, but I'm not dying for a sequel. To me it's like a sequel to Leon the Professional. Feels unnecessary. Of course if QT wants to make one, I'll be there day 1. But I'm more interested in QT trying something else. We have too many sequels, reboots and universes already.

In the mean time, can I have Whole Bloody Affair on UHD, please? Or even theatrical.

I’d rather see him make a low budget horror movie with Margot!

I think Kill Bill can be left as it is because Bill is dead. Even though you can continue a story with the characters it doesn't make nearly as much sense to name another film "Kill Bill" when the point isn't to kill Bill anymore.

As for Tarantino only making 10 films, I think that's a really pointless thing. I don't care whatsoever about an artist happening to have a round number of total works, I only care about having great works of art to enjoy. To limit yourself to a certain number of works is to me a limitation of art that has nothing to do with the art itself, and even when it comes to the legacy people will remember Tarantino more fondly if he makes more great films than if he stops at 10 films. It's the useless form of meta.

I think he should stop when he doesn't have any more ideas for films he wants to make, but of course it's all up to him.

Maybe he’ll make this after The Vega Brothers.

I’d welcome a third film. Even better if Maya Hawke featured too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"