Knightmare needs to come back on tv

kainedamo

Superhero
Reaction score
I've finally figured out what's wrong with today's society. Knightmare hasn't had a new series in about a decade.

Knightmare was a classic children's gameshow that played during the 80s and 90s., where a kid would wear a helmet that blocks his vision and enter a world of blue screen and cheesy actors. The kid would be guided by his team, who were in the real world. They would travel through many dungeons and dangers. They would ride on dragons and cast spells. The show had a very creepy atmosphere. I'd even say it's atmosphere was better than most horror movies these days. Some clips...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mo5GSSj_zo&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJo6B1x9oY8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6jMp46g2cM

If anyone could find better quality clips, that would be appreciated.

The uh... Spanish rip off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Gsimbo9Qc

Well, um, looks dated and wierd. I suppose it would be better than a lot of reality tv. CITV=Canadian TV?

enterthemadness said:
Well, um, looks dated and wierd. I suppose it would be better than a lot of reality tv. CITV=Canadian TV?

Childrens ITV.

(ITV being an acronym for Independant Televison I think)

dated format....

besides, it was impossible to finish, no team ever finished, they only said they did in order to fool people into watching, kinda like the running man....

ps, this should go in the misc tv section...

Nope. CITV means Childrens (whats the I stand for?) TV.

Knightmare is British. The clips do look dated, though the first one is ok. See, it started in the 80s and ran right into the 90s. It's hard to find clips, but if we could find clips from the 90s they'd be fine.

November Rain said:
dated format....

besides, it was impossible to finish, no team ever finished, they only said they did in order to fool people into watching, kinda like the running man....

I'm pretty sure I saw a few teams winning. At the end, they were given a chalice, a scroll and walked off across a cheesy CG landscape into the sunset.

November Rain said:
dated format....

I think it could be revived again. Like I said, the show had a great atmosphere and tension. It was a damn scary show!

It looked like a hard game. And if a team did well, the game went on for ages and ages. Week after week after week and they'd still be at it. But I kinda like that. Makes it epic.

November Rain said:
you didn't read my post properly, did you?

You really think they would just lie about teams winning?

November Rain said:
you didn't read my post properly, did you?

I did, but watching a team week to week, going from level to level, getting closer to the end and then seeing them beat the final challenge without any obvious choppy editing to ensure they 'win' would suggest that they did, in fact, win fair and square.

If there's proof to the contrary i'd be interested to see it.

Knightmarevr.jpg

"This screenshot, from near the end of the Knightmare VR pilot released in August 2004, shows the dungeoneer, the gargoyle Despair, and Treguard"

A failed attempt to revive the show? Those graphics look cool.

Them graphics look dated, but still looks good. Much better than from when the show was on.

Knightmare was cool, I always wanted to go on it as a kid... It would be cool if they brought it back and to be honest I'm a bit surprised they haven't done, what with Harry Potter and everything but I'm 20 now and ain't really too bothered.. The theme/opening intro was wicked!

Wasn't there a similar one done in the mid-90s but it was more like a computerised/TRON kind of worl/game... I seem to remember that..

the idea of the would seem to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"