Largest tv in the world

What about dropping acid and playing RESI5 out laster this year

New Super-Size TVs: Action Larger than Life

By Lamont Wood
Special to LiveScience
posted: 31 January 2007
07:57 am ET

Don’t want to be squinting at your TV screen during the Super Bowl? Perhaps you’d be happier with one that’s about 4 feet by 8 feet. In close-up shots, the players will be larger than the people in your living room. The effect of wide shots is like looking out a large window.

This experience can be yours for about half the price of a small house in some suburbs.

Panasonic announced a 103-inch (diagonal measurement) flat-panel TV last year that in December officially went on sale in the United States, with a product code (TH-103PZ600U) and a suggested retail price of $69,999.95. They’ve sold several, including one to billionaire Mark Cuban, and two to NBC for use on the set of a sports program. Weighing nearly 500 pounds, they take a fork-lift to move and require professional installation—but you can probably hold out for free delivery [see the TV].

Actually, Panasonic was obviously just trying to one-up Samsung, which had earlier come out with a 102-inch unit. Raising the ante in early January was Sharp, which answered Panasonic by coming out with a 108-inch unit.

Where can this end?

Actually, with the Sharp announcement the size war may have ended, Kurt Scherf, home entertainment industry analyst at Parks Associates in Dallas, told LiveScience.

Scherf said the flat-panel TV world is split between competing camps that use LCD and plasma technology, and the plasma camp formerly had an edge in its ability to make larger units. The Samsung and Panasonic units were plasma panels. But the new king of the hill, the 108-inch Sharp unit, is an LCD panel, signaling that the LCD camp has caught up.

“Where mainstream consumers are looking for their TVs is square in the 36- to 50-inch range,” Scherf said. “The only reason to make them bigger is for validation.”

Who Invented the TV Dinner?
On the other hand, “There’s a constant race to make bigger and bigger display panels, because being able to make bigger panels drives down your production costs,” said Steve Wilson, an analyst at ABI Research in Oyster Bay, NY. “You can chop them up to make moderate-sized TVs, or you can leave them intact and someone might buy one.”

Sharp's unit was on display at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in early January.

“What were they talking about at the Consumer Electronics Show? Sharp’s huge TV,” said Eric Haruki, research director at IDC, a market research firm in Framingham, MA.

“Having the biggest creates buzz, and puts your brand on top of my brand—that’s 90 percent of the reason for making them," Haruki said in a recent telephone interview. "But the other 10 percent is a legitimate business venture—they do sell them."

$70,000 HDTV?

*Takes out three mortgages*

isnt there a bigger tv? i think 103 - 105 inches.

Saw this on Regis and Kelly...I don't want one.

55072Z102.jpg

It's supposed to be around 50 inches tall and 90 inches wide

I m not really impressed by the size + next year someone will have something bigger and so on... What I m exited about is video e-paper

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/news/pr/archives/month/2005/20050713-01.html

20050713-01.jpg

Now that^ is ****ing cool.

Jeeze, they developed it 2 years ago, though. Where are my electronic flyers and newspapers, dammit?!:cmad:

Now that^ is ****ing cool.

Jeeze, they developed it 2 years ago, though. Where are my electronic flyers and newspapers, dammit?!:cmad:

My guess is they don t want people to throw out of the window their plasma tv or lcd yet since they still making money. So I would say 3-4 years from now maybe more....for now you can always check MINORITY REPORT to see what it looks like

My guess is they don t want people to throw out of the window their plasma tv or lcd yet since they still making money. So I would say 3-4 years from now maybe more....for now you can always check MINORITY REPORT to see what it looks like

Well, it didn't say anything about the images being animated, dude.

Targeted Application:
  • Transit advertising on trains, information displays on curved surfaces, and other public display applications that could take advantage of its light weight and flexibility. Information displayed can be updated based on the time of day, enabling more effective advertising and informational signage.
  • Electronic shelf display tags, point-of-purchase displays, restaurant menus, and other in-store uses. Can also be used for pricing displays or product information displays that stand out in full color and can be readily updated.
  • Operating manuals, work orders, and other short-term information displays, facilitating the trend toward paperless offices or factories.
  • Text or images from mobile phones or other mobile devices can be transferred wirelessly to larger displays for easy viewing.
  • Use in the home can offer more convenient digital-media devices that can be carried from room to room.

I think most of those applications don't necessarily imply an animated image.

Well, it didn't say anything about the images being animated, dude.

Targeted Application:
  • Transit advertising on trains, information displays on curved surfaces, and other public display applications that could take advantage of its light weight and flexibility. Information displayed can be updated based on the time of day, enabling more effective advertising and informational signage.
  • Electronic shelf display tags, point-of-purchase displays, restaurant menus, and other in-store uses. Can also be used for pricing displays or product information displays that stand out in full color and can be readily updated.
  • Operating manuals, work orders, and other short-term information displays, facilitating the trend toward paperless offices or factories.
  • Text or images from mobile phones or other mobile devices can be transferred wirelessly to larger displays for easy viewing.
  • Use in the home can offer more convenient digital-media devices that can be carried from room to room.
I think most of those applications don't necessarily imply an animated image.

HEY man don t blame me Fujitsu is the one calling it video e-paper

I can't imagine someone trying to steal a TV that big out of someone's house without breaking it.

Cool It's Like the tv in back to the future II, remember?

Ok, so we already have the color shifting lenticular hats...http://www.mirajcaps.com/

Now all we need is self lacing sneakers, hoverboards, flying cars, and Marty's self drying jacket and it'll finally be the future...

HEY man don t blame me Fujitsu is the one calling it video e-paper

Nah, man. Sorry if that last post came off snippy at all. I was just saying the article didn't say anything about it being animated, and the applications don't make it seem that way, either.

Can you imagine watching Die Hard on that TV? God that would be awesome. :cool: :up:

panasonic-150-inch-plasma.jpg

At CES 2008, Panasonic will demonstrate its 150 inches plasma display, the world’s largest, at least until the show opens…

Panasonic has a history leading the Plasma Display industry, oftentimes running neck to neck with Samsung in the display size arms race. This race to build bigger displays won’t continue forever, in our opinion: at 3.5 meters of diagonal, it becomes a little hard to fit in the average living room, particularly in Europe or Asia :)

That will look nice in my bathroom, next to my diamond walled shower. It will go well with my crystal toilet too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"