Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 1

TruerToTheCore

Sidekick
Reaction score
DC's gonna release a Jim Aparo hardcover with his work from B&B. Awesome!

Jim Aparo was one of the premier Batman artists of the 1970s, working primarily on the Batman team-up title THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD. Now, DC collects Aparo's run on the series in hardcover for the first time from the beginning. Aparo portrayed Batman as a detective who operated in shadow, yet captured the action and thrills of the Caped Crusader.

These stories feature appearances by numerous DC heroes (and villains) including Robin, Green Arrow, Black Canary, The Teen Titans, Deadman, Wonder Woman, The Demon, The Joker, Aquaman, The Atom and many others.

http://www.amazon.com/Legends-Dark-Knight-Aparo-Vol/dp/1401233759

Let's pre-order this.

I love this, but....I already have the Showcases. I'm waiting for reprints of his tec and bat run.

Waste of money.

As I have all the showcase volumes, I didn't buy this. but I just bought volume 2, since it collects 17 issues that are not collected in the showace volumes. I'm a sucka for some art from Aparo, especially during the 70's, since he was at his peak. I consider his work in the late 80's and early 90's to be amazing, but less stellar. That said, he was once again at his peak for the LoTDK arc "the demon laughs".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"