• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lets get Kinky! ...for Governor of Texas

Maxwell Smart

Superhero
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
5,908
Reaction score
0
Points
31
http://www.kinkyfriedman.com

I support Richard "Kinky" Friedman's bid for the Governor's mansion. Its required to acquire at least 45,000 signatures to get on the ballot- and Kink turned in over 169,000 recently. Even in this very conservative part of the state I live in I am seeing bumperstickers EVERYWHERE. I think he has a genuine shot at winning, as it appears it will be a four-way race.

Kinky is running as an independent, and if elected, he will be the Lone Star State's first independent governor since Sam Houston himself.
 
Maxwell Smart said:
http://www.kinkyfriedman.com

I support Richard "Kinky" Friedman's bid for the Governor's mansion. Its required to acquire at least 45,000 signatures to get on the ballot- and Kink turned in over 169,000 recently. Even in this very conservative part of the state I live in I am seeing bumperstickers EVERYWHERE. I think he has a genuine shot at winning, as it appears it will be a four-way race.

Kinky is running as an independent, and if elected, he will be the Lone Star State's first independent governor since Sam Houston himself.
I don't know what to think, really.:confused:
 
Good for you. Campaigning on the Hype... wow.
 
Cyclops said:
Good for you. Campaigning on the Hype... wow.

I'm just trying to be informative- I'm not sure how much press this is getting outside of Texas. If you don't like it, avoid the thread. Its as simple as that. :)
 
Maxwell Smart said:
I'm just trying to be informative- I'm not sure how much press this is getting outside of Texas. If you don't like it, avoid the thread. Its as simple as that. :)
Why would news of a candidate for state governor be getting press outside of said state, anyway?
 
Manic said:
Why would news of a candidate for state governor be getting press outside of said state, anyway?

Because some states are significant enough. Hence the media attention given to Ahnuld.

If Texas was a country it'd have the 8th largest economy in the world, and its the second most populous state. Also because of the current immigration debate and Texas' status as a border state.
 
Maxwell Smart said:
Because some states are significant enough. Hence the media attention given to Ahnuld.

If Texas was a country it'd have the 8th largest economy in the world, and its the second most populous state. Also because of the current immigration debate and Texas' status as a border state.
Okay. But the opinions of people like me don't count.
 
here in the Rio Grande Valley, Kinky is really supported by these radio anouncers who have this morning show, "The Classic Rock Morning Show With Big Al And Charlie"

he's even called in every so often, honestly, if I could, I'd vote for him
 
He should make Get Your Biscuits in the OVen and Your Buns in the Bed the state song.

He should put his book Elvis, Jesus and Coca Cola in the highschools.

GET KINKY!
 
Cyclops said:
Good for you. Campaigning on the Hype... wow.
What, like it's worse than people who talk about their **** fetishes, virtual Hype crushes (still can't believe that one), and blatant bigotry? Yeah, like this is a sacred forum for discussion that can't be violated by the vile stench of politics.

Kinky ****in' Friedman for Governor of the Planet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"