Live-Action ('Raimiverse') Movies vs. The Spectacular Spider-Man

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
Note that I'm basing this on overall portrayal, not necessarily just who gave the better performance (that would be awfully hard since we're dealing with two distinctively different mediums) or who would win in a fight:
*Peter Parker/Spider-Man: Tobey Maguire vs. Josh Keaton

*Uncle Ben Parker: Cliff Robertson vs. Edward Asner

*Dr. Curt Connors: Dylan Baker vs. Dee Bradley Baker

*Captain George Stacy: James Cromwell vs. Clancy Brown

*Gwen Stacy: Bryce Dallas Howard vs. Lacey Chabert

*Betty Brant: Elizabeth Banks vs. Grey DeLisle

*Sandman: Thomas Haden Church vs. John DiMaggio

*Eddie Brock/Venom: Topher Grace vs. Benjamin Diskin

*Robbie Robertson: Bill Nunn vs. Phil LaMarr

*Flash Thompson: Joe Manganiello vs. Joshua LeBar

*Doctor Octopus: Alfred Molina vs. Peter MacNicol

*Mary Jane Watson: Kirsten Dunst vs. Vanessa Marshall

*J. Jonah Jameson: J.K. Simmons vs. Daran Norris

*John Jameson: Daniel Gillies vs. Daran Norris

*Norman Osborn: Willem Dafoe vs. Alan Rachins

*Aunt May Parker: Rosemary Harris vs. Deborah Strang

*Harry Osborn: James Franco vs. James Arnold Taylor

I also posted this particular discussion elsewhere, but have yet to get a response.

Some of these are hard to gauge: just as an example, Raimi's Doc Ock was pretty different from the Ock in Spectacular.

Yeah, in addition to both being very different mediums, they're also very different in tone, so it's hard to objectively choose one over the other.

That said, I do prefer just about everything in Spectacular over just about everyone in the movies, with Jameson being one of the only possible exceptions. He was also portrayed really well in Spectacular, though, so that's also up in the air.

I love Spider-Man's humour in Spectacular Spider-Man more than the movie but I love how funny Tobey acts sometimes :D

PS: anyone notice how in the second episode of Spectacular Spider-Man when he lands on the train and jumps off the buildings it's the same as the TRAIN fight scene in Spider-Man 2 :woot:

Yeah bashscrazy, I noticed that

Live Action can't be compared to voice acting

I watch Spectacular Spider-Man whenever I want a dose of Spider-Man on television, not the Raimi movies. Win TSSM.

Okay, I find this to be comparing apples and oranges.

That being said, Spider-Man 2 is my FAVORITE movie of all time. It's, in my opinion (meaning I don't need 20 posts about effin' Dark Knight), it's the best superhero movie ever. It just has it all. Drama, action, an awesome villian, a good love story, and THE best super-fight scene ever filmed...or CG'd. Whatever.

Spec Spidey is my favorite animated series ever. I love Spidey, and this was the perfect hybrid of the Classic Lee/Ditko Spidey, Ultimate Spidey, and the movie-verse. We got the whole package. Also, a continuing storyline with supporting cast members that you actually cared about. Even BTAS didn't have continuity this solid...and you KNOW it. The animation was a odd choice, but it worked. Also, it contained the best Spidey black costume saga EVER, and the best Spidey fight ever (Spidey v. Sinister Six).

Given a choice between the two, it would depend on my mood. Somedays, it's the movies, and somedays, it's the show. Honestly, having two awesome interpretations of Spidey to choose between is an awesome problem to have.

Okay, I find this to be comparing apples and oranges.

That being said, Spider-Man 2 is my FAVORITE movie of all time. It's, in my opinion (meaning I don't need 20 posts about effin' Dark Knight), it's the best superhero movie ever. It just has it all. Drama, action, an awesome villian, a good love story, and THE best super-fight scene ever filmed...or CG'd. Whatever.

Spec Spidey is my favorite animated series ever. I love Spidey, and this was the perfect hybrid of the Classic Lee/Ditko Spidey, Ultimate Spidey, and the movie-verse. We got the whole package. Also, a continuing storyline with supporting cast members that you actually cared about. Even BTAS didn't have continuity this solid...and you KNOW it. The animation was a odd choice, but it worked. Also, it contained the best Spidey black costume saga EVER, and the best Spidey fight ever (Spidey v. Sinister Six).

Given a choice between the two, it would depend on my mood. Somedays, it's the movies, and somedays, it's the show. Honestly, having two awesome interpretations of Spidey to choose between is an awesome problem to have.
Don't worry, my all time favorite movie is simply titled BATMAN, same goes with my all time favorite animated series

TSSM definitely trumps Raimi movies. it's just a whole level of awesomeness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"