Loud whirring sound in my computer every time I open a large document

LuiECuomo

Civilian
Reaction score
Can anyone explain this and direct me how to fix it?

I've been working on a film script on my computer (now over 125 pages long) and every time I open the Word document, the computer starts making what I can only describe as a loud, "whirring" or "wooshing" sound. It's more of an annoyance than anything else, but it's been getting on my last nerve lately.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Your harddrive is made up of spinning discs so when you access that huge fill it is probably the disc spinning trying to quickly acess all that data.
Try breaking your script down into segments (or chapeters.) that way you can open each file quicker, it won't bog down your computer trying to load it, and each segment will load quicker.

Thanks for the tip; how would I go about breaking the file down?

Either that or it might be your fans kicking in harder to keep everything cool. Try shutting down your computer opening it up and using compressed air to clean everything out. Especially any vents and fans. This can help a lot more than people think

To break it down you just copy and say pages 1 - 20 and then paste it on a blank document and save that one as chapeter 1 and then continue till you're done.

And the one suggestion was really really good! Yeah you should always keep your computer cool. I have a fan behind mine running all the time!:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"