Iron Man 3 mandarin costume

Looks good! I'll be at Wizard World on Saturday (I'm from Indianapolis). Are you going to the CC in San Diego?

Probably not. But I'm thinking about doing another costume but have no clue what to do any suggestions anyone?

I'm going to put together a Mandarin costume. Did you have a pattern or did you make it from scratch? I'm currently looking for the right fabric, but I'm not happy with anything that I've found.

Made it from scratch. It took me forever to find the fabric that I was pleased with lol good luck and post some pics of your progress. -Cody

That's where I'm currently at. I'm searching the web for fabric all over the world. I had hoped to find an exact match, but I'm told that even if I find fabric with the correct pattern, it may not be the right color because the studio may have died it. That wouldn't be a problem though, I can die it too.

Well, I haven't been able to find the exact fabric for my Madarin coat, so I decided to purchase a solid Olive green fabric and I'm currently making my pattern. Going out today to find fabric for the vest and some Gold trim for the coat. Also looking for a metallic gold cloth for the shoulder / collar piece. I already have the "Decisions, Decisions" t-shirt and I go tomorrow with a pair of camo pants to a custom embroider to see about putting the dragon on the left pant leg. I purchased a nice pair of tan combat boots that I'm goin to try to dye green in a week or so, I'll let you know how that comes out. Ordered some fabric from China for the trim on the arm sleeves. I've got almost 2 months until Comi-Con and feel like I don't have enough time.

I now have most of the fabric for the costume. I've made a pattern for the vest and the robe. Still waiting on the material for the cuffs (coming from China). My combat boots arrived yesteday, now I need to figure out how to dye them Army Green. It may not be possible due to the fact that the soles (rubber) are a light tan too. Been making my own rings and hope to have those done in a week or so. I'm thinking about buying some gold fabric and stenciling it so that it matches the sash. Then while all of this is going on I'm trying to help my daughter put together a Winter Soldier costume. The bionic arm is slowing me down.

Hey Cody2575, what did you use in the collar to keep its shape? I've been asking at fabric stores, but I'm not sure they've been any help at all with that question. Thanks!

That's awesome I hope you post pictures of both costumes. What I used to hold the fabric is called fusible interfacing, you can find it at a Joan's store. I hope this helps. -Cody

Did you sell your mandarin costume? There was one on Heroes Of Cosplay last week and it looked just like yours.

No I haven't sold my mandarin costume but I've been thinking about it. No I don't see anything wrong with the vest it looks great in my opinion. -Cody

I guess it's not real noticeable but the front is supposed to fold over to the left instead of the right. I'll just have to remove and re-sew the Velcro strips.

Here's a photo of me in costume with my first ever attempt to apply the beard with spirit gum. Worked out pretty well but I'll need to do a little trimming. I'm not wearing my rings because I forgot to put them on. I have changed some of them a little and I think they look better than the last photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125602883@N06/14693204203/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"