Marvel Comics At Costco!

Phaedrus45

Avenger
Reaction score
I went into Costco this morning, and was SHOCKED to see a three-pack of Marvel Comics in the book section at my local Costco. It's normally priced $5.99, but Costco price was only $3.79. You get Mighty Thor #1, Captain America #617, and Uncanny X-Men #635. (Uncanny is the first issue of the new storyarc by Gillen, not the issue that came out this week.)

I forget how much Marvel's normal price for each issue is; but, I believe Uncanny and Captain America both cost $3.99 each...so, this is cheaper than buying one comic, and you can get three. (Mighty Thor is the variant issue, also.) I have all three of these comics; but, I still bought them. I want to Costco to get the idea that this is a brilliant idea, and hopefully, it's not a one time thing. (Plus, sometimes these packed issues end up being worth more than the ones in the comic shop. Anyone remember Whitman packs from the 70's?)

Interesting. All three of those comics are $3.99, I believe. I wonder if that is a regular thing or if it's just something the owner decided to do since he's a fan of comics or something. I'm going Costco hunting.

Sweet. Pretty current issues, too. Maybe I should start visiting Costco more often...

Well, the closest Costco's is like two hours away. No hunting for Marvel comics cheap for me :(

This reminds me of when TOYS R US used to sell 3 packs of Marvel and DC comics in the 90's. It is good to see Marvel penetrate some big chain. That's where Archie gets their money, after all.

Yet, here's the thing; COSTCO, as in a big retailer chain that sells to a wide market, is aware that a $3.99 cover price, or even a $2.99 cover price, is oppressive towards trying to attract buyers who haven't been buying comics weekly for 5-50 years. If they can realize that, why not Marvel?

I remember when they used to sell comics at 711 and the drug stores. Those were the days. Good find though.

Does JC Penney or Sears still offer the 30 pack or comics in their X-Mas catalogs? I used to get those all of the time when I was a kid. There was some great stuff in there.

Wait, Costco is elling them?! I haven't seen a store like that sell them in about 9 years.

I went into Costco this morning, and was SHOCKED to see a three-pack of Marvel Comics in the book section at my local Costco. It's normally priced $5.99, but Costco price was only $3.79. You get Mighty Thor #1, Captain America #617, and Uncanny X-Men #635. (Uncanny is the first issue of the new storyarc by Gillen, not the issue that came out this week.)

I forget how much Marvel's normal price for each issue is; but, I believe Uncanny and Captain America both cost $3.99 each...so, this is cheaper than buying one comic, and you can get three. (Mighty Thor is the variant issue, also.) I have all three of these comics; but, I still bought them. I want to Costco to get the idea that this is a brilliant idea, and hopefully, it's not a one time thing. (Plus, sometimes these packed issues end up being worth more than the ones in the comic shop. Anyone remember Whitman packs from the 70's?)

Damn seriously?! Where do you live? Im in Jersey and i highly doubt mine has them...but maybe i just havent been looking.

Costco not open to the public, cost you 45.00 to be a member

Oh, well...I guess there's that for me.

I was able to get Peter David's Spider-Man Vault book at Costco before they plucked them off the shelves last year (apparantly, they are going to release them next year with the new movie), but it's a damn nice book... :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"