Mary Jane Knows...

spideyman101

Civilian
Reaction score
People sometimes complain that they had MJ figure out Peter's true identity in SM2... although technically she found it out in Spider-Man 1!

After MJ kissed Peter at the end of 1 you see her touch her lips and she has a look of shock on her face. She just realized that he's Spider-Man! She remembers the kiss she had with Spidey midway through the film...

"Somehow... I always knew... all this time."

That would makethe funeral scene way more important than I used to think it was. I always thought that was just her reaction for being sad. Putting her hand over her mouth, but I dunno.

She didn't know, but something in her head might have said something. Why would she think her next door neighbor had super powers?

Her reaction at the end of Spider-Man 2 says she didn't know.

I think MJ suspected, due to the end of the first movie, but wasn't 100% sure.

People sometimes complain that they had MJ figure out Peter's true identity in SM2... although technically she found it out in Spider-Man 1!

After MJ kissed Peter at the end of 1 you see her touch her lips and she has a look of shock on her face. She just realized that he's Spider-Man! She remembers the kiss she had with Spidey midway through the film...

good observation, that is probably what she was referring to.

That's not what she figured out in SM1...

You see, when she kissed Peter, she put her hand over her mouth in a gasp, because she just figured out she was a true ****e. She's going out with Harry, making out with Spider-Man, then Peter. Don't forget her ****e acts in SM2 and SM3.:o:p

:p

well, I beleive her suprised reaction in Spider-Man 2 was "I knew it!"

or "... I never beleived I was actually right!"

maybe she thought after the funeral scene that it might be a possiblilty but maybe not. And then at the end of sm2 when she finds out the truth, it was more like i knew i was right. Almost like she couldn't really belive it at first but then once she found out in the second she was surprised that she was right. I mean she had to have figured it out. I mean spidy knew her name, and before the alley way scene peter tells her he was just in the neigborhood and then he says the same thing before they kiss so maybe she regconzied the lips or it may have registered after he walked away.

she didnt actually know, but she had a feeling she knew

It's definitley implied she "figures it out" or at least is suspicious in the finale to Spider-Man.

WOW! No one ever pointed that out before! :wow:

:whatever: :woot:

Aunt May also knows.

GASP. What a shocker!

She pretty much knows in spidey 1 but then needs her suspicions concreted in the next film....

which is why she asks peter to kiss her again at the cafe before ock interviens...

However, this does bring up a question...

She pretty much knows in spidey 1 but then needs her suspicions concreted in the next film....

which is why she asks peter to kiss her again at the cafe before ock interviens...

That's it. Also, on the web at the end, she tells Peter that she thinks she knew all that time.

Aunt May also knows.

GASP. What a shocker!

It's hinted that she knows. It was also hinted that Robbie knows, too. That look he gave Peter when he said "I heard Spider-Man was there".

True, but I think it's more than strong hint that Aunt May knows...

Her speech to Pete while moving in the second film pretty much summed it up. She was all but nudging and winking at him as she went into it all.

If she didnt know that speech just flies out of left field. I always thought, if for the sake of argument, Pete WAS NOT spidey, what his reaction would be...

"...The **** are you talking about!?"

I always thought that her reaction at the end of Spider-Man 1 made her question whether Peter is Spidey or not. When she actually finds out in Spider-Man 2, she starts crying out of relief because of her speculations being correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"