• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Micro | Adaptation of Novel From Michael Crichton | Universal

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score

Amblin has hired Liberty Road and Battle Of Alcatraz scribes Neil Widener and Gavin James to take over screenplay duties on Micro, the movie adaptation of the final novel by Jurassic Park author Michael Crichton.

High-concept thriller novel Micro follows a group of graduate students lured to Hawaii to work for a mysterious biotech company — only to find themselves miniaturized and cast out into the rainforest, with nothing but their scientific expertise and wits to protect them.

Amblin has hired Liberty Road and Battle Of Alcatraz scribes Neil Widener and Gavin James to take over screenplay duties on Micro, the movie adaptation of the final novel by Jurassic Park author Michael Crichton.

High-concept thriller novel Micro follows a group of graduate students lured to Hawaii to work for a mysterious biotech company — only to find themselves miniaturized and cast out into the rainforest, with nothing but their scientific expertise and wits to protect them.

Not sure it's the right time for this as we have ant man. Crichton is a great writer though.

Not sure it's the right time for this as we have ant man. Crichton is a great writer though.

I think the concept is unique enough (survivor thriller in a forest, closer to Honey, I shrunk The Kids) to differentiate it from Ant-Man.

OTOH, Universal Studios may very well be banking on the popularity of Ant-Man's miniaturization concept. The success of Ant-Man will probably stand this one in good stead.

I think the concept is unique enough (survivor thriller in a forest, closer to Honey, I shrunk The Kids) to differentiate it from Ant-Man.

OTOH, Universal Studios may very well be banking on the popularity of Ant-Man's miniaturization concept. The success of Ant-Man will probably stand this one in good stead.

It's going to be a while till it's made, so hopefully there will be less people thinking "people getting shrunk? Seen that".