Mike Judge's Idiocracy

WorthyStevens

Green Man
Reaction score
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Mike Judge
Screenwriter: Mike Judge, Etan Cohen
Starring: Luke Wilson, Maya Rudolph, Dax Shepard, David Herman, Sara Rue, Stephen Root, Justin Long
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi
MPAA Rating: R (for language and sex-related humor)
Plot Summary: Writer-director Mike Judge's ("Office Space") unique brand of humor examines an average guy who volunteers to be the subject of a hibernation experiment that goes awry. He wakes up 500 years in the future, discovering that he's the smartest guy on the planet.

I LOVED this movie. It was hilarious in so many ways, albeit just about all of it dealing with the stupidity shown onscreen.

It comes out this Tuesday on DVD, and I recommend people watch it, especially those who have all have seen Office Space and loved it.

Why didn't it come out like most films? It looked good and should have been noticed.

Well, it's Fox who produced the movie, so I'm not too surprised that the release got f***ed up. But as to why it didn't get a regular release, I've no clue.

It's worth checking out on DVD though if you get the chance.

Was this film even out in theaters?

I LOVED this movie. It was hilarious in so many ways, albeit just about all of it dealing with the stupidity shown onscreen.

It comes out this Tuesday on DVD, and I recommend people watch it, especially those who have all have seen Office Space and loved it.

Tuesday? I had no idea. I didn't even know it had hit theaters yet. That's what happens when your internet is down for the better part of a year, kids. Beware^^

Anyway, I'll definitely pick it up. How does it compare to Office Space?

Tuesday? I had no idea. I didn't even know it had hit theaters yet. That's what happens when your internet is down for the better part of a year, kids. Beware^^

Anyway, I'll definitely pick it up. How does it compare to Office Space?

Office Space is such a classic, so it's hard to say whether Idiocracy is actually better. But it ranks up there with Office Space though.

Office Space is such a classic, so it's hard to say whether Idiocracy is actually better. But it ranks up there with Office Space though.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Hell yeah.

I hope my podunk video store gets a few copies. I have Tuesday off and I'd love to watch this with no threat of work looming that day.

Well, it's Fox who produced the movie, so I'm not too surprised that the release got f***ed up. But as to why it didn't get a regular release, I've no clue.

It's worth checking out on DVD though if you get the chance.

I remember now how Fox screwed this film. Well thats a fox then.

I'm interested in this one but I thought it was going to be released to theaters. Oh well, who cares, I'll catch it on DVD.

The reason to my knowledge why it was pulled from theaters is that audiences weren't "getting it". Kind of ironic considering the movies premise.

The reason to my knowledge why it was pulled from theaters is that audiences weren't "getting it". Kind of ironic considering the movies premise.

How stupid have people become now?

The story is that it tested really bad but the people in the audience were too stupid to get the joke. So Fox looks at the info from the tests and buries the film. It had recognizable names and wasn't previewed for the critics which to them means it must be horrible. Hopefully it will slowly grow on DVD and Mike Judge doesn't work with Fox again. I wanted to see it when it was first announced.

The story is that it tested really bad but the people in the audience were too stupid to get the joke. So Fox looks at the info from the tests and buries the film. It had recognizable names and wasn't previewed for the critics which to them means it must be horrible. Hopefully it will slowly grow on DVD and Mike Judge doesn't work with Fox again. I wanted to see it when it was first announced.

It's a really scary example of art imitating life.

And some critics were able to review the movie:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/idiocracy/

Well its very hard to explain. The box office has been unusual lately and I guess Fox just got scared. They did something similar with Borat limiting its opening because they were afraid to have a huge opening because they felt certain parts of the country just weren't getting it and it ended up being a giant success. It is sad to say but alot of moviegoers these days go and see ****. Studios see people paying to see the **** so that equals the studios making more ****. These movie seems interesting and original in a way and seems to be getting more positive than negative feedback. It is said to see it didn't get much studio support behind it because I think Mike Judge is an extremely talented guy.

i had been reading about the film for a while now and finally bought it and watched it last night. it was absolutely hiarlious and it's kinda scary how possible that future is. i love how the whole thing was explained with the family trees at the beginning and the scene where joe gets out of prison made my laugh my ass off. luke wilson was definitely a good fit for the character and dax was pretty funny too. definitely a flick worth watching and it's a damn shame that people are too dumb to appreciate its humor otherwise maybe we could have seen it on the big screen.

I saw it and it was funny as hell.

I LOL'ed when the cop fired his rocket launcher backwards....and a few seconds later you see the airplane crashing down.

Mike Judge needs someone who'll back his films without a lot of studio-based nonsense. Idiocracy came out 7 years after Office Space.....that's far too slow.

Hell, Tarantino is faster than that.

what's funny about Borat though is that many of the people who saw it still don't get the joke.

Movie was great, and it's really shocking and scary that people couldn't "get" the movie.

One more item to add to the list of reason why I hate Uhh-merica.

I'm going to rent it as soon as it's available on Netflix. :woot:

it's been out since jan 9.

why isn't it in your dvd player by now?

obviously, but the point i was making was that you were waiting for it, whereas it's been out for 6 days now.

you should be watching it.

He should make a new Beavis and Butthead movie, maybe showing what happens to them when they are old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"