Mike Judge's Idiocracy

..or that.

Nothing he did after B&B has actually been funny.

Okay...just watched it...I have to say that some of you have wrongfully hyped this movie up...because its complete garbage. This movie, even for all the moments I did laugh...is still a piece of crap.

I thought it was funny. It's the closest thing we've ever gotten to a live action Futurama. I mean, if you read the synopsis.....you kinda know what your in for anyways. Not to mention.......it's not exactly that far fetched when you look at the world around us.

It is far fetched because 500 years for that scenario is way too long...far too far into the future...and it would definitely not be funny...in fact...it would be a violent violent future.

It is far fetched because 500 years for that scenario is way too long...far too far into the future...and it would definitely not be funny...in fact...it would be a violent violent future.

blatant police brutality, overcrowded prisons with inmates fighting over feed, people starting fights just because they see a car blowing up... how is that not a violent future? is 500 years really far fetched? i don't think so... the terminator is a far fetched realization of the future. so is back to the future. i agree with chrisbalebatman, looking at the world around us, this movie is not that far fetched. idiocracy's vision of the future seems very plausible.

Well, obviously it is far fetched......but not as far fetched as it should be. That future does look like a path that mankind CAN take, when you look at the fact that more and more technology does things for us. And in this country, the USA, we seem to envy and look up to people who have less than a quarter of a brain. And, like the hostpital, for example, the nurse just had a ton of buttons to press to direct the patient. And instead of a doctor to figure out what's wrong with you, they just shove a couple metal sticks in your holes.

Yeah, they're out there.....but certainly possible when you think about how much lazier we all get the more and more we allow machines to do work for us.

Plus.....it's a comedy. It's not supposed to be a realistic serious approach to the subject.

Btw, his escape plan to get out prison. Genuis.

stupidity would lead to mass destruction...and if it were the case then nobody would have anything of value...the TV that was in Dax's place...the technology......the movie is stupid...it doesn't make sense...he had some funny moments some good ideas...but if you don't have the money or studio backing to do it...then back out...save it until someone believes in your movie enough to give it a bigger budget...a la HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy...500 years is too long...100 years maybe...but he went to far into the future without explaining it enough...It would have made a great book. Mike Judge should consider that. I'd read it. Its fine that its a comedy and all...but it doesn't work.

While I laughed a couple of times and enjoyed the premise, A LOT actually, I just don't feel that the movie delivered as a whole...

stupidity would lead to mass destruction...and if it were the case then nobody would have anything of value...the TV that was in Dax's place...the technology......the movie is stupid...it doesn't make sense...he had some funny moments some good ideas...but if you don't have the money or studio backing to do it...then back out...save it until someone believes in your movie enough to give it a bigger budget...a la HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy...500 years is too long...100 years maybe...but he went to far into the future without explaining it enough...It would have made a great book. Mike Judge should consider that. I'd read it. Its fine that its a comedy and all...but it doesn't work.

So, based on the premise, and even before watching it, you never were going to like it, were you? :huh:

actually I was intrigued...and the way people were making it sound...even the critics who said that "test audiences didn't understand its sheer brilliance" had me convinced that I would like it....no, not based on the premise...anything positive that was said about this movie was misleading...I went into it with an open mind and thinking I would enjoy it. I was so dissapointed that I didn't even share it with my roommates or my other friends...thinking that they would be like..."dude...I thought you said this was supposed to be funny."
Its an embarrassment.

"i can't believe you like money too. we should hang out."

I think it's believable of how Starbucks will evolve:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"