Military healthcare

Sad. Not one person has viewed this thread. Hopefully its because im not liked an NOT because people dont give a **** about our family members in service not getting good enough healthcare.

This has been an issue for years.
At least a couple of decades.

The more the military outsources the better as far as healthcare is concerned. Military members are are in healthcare career fields are the most unsympathizing people I've ever met. They don't give a damn and they get their attitude from their superiors. It all trickles downhill.

This has been an issue for years.
At least a couple of decades.

The scope of the problem was always in question. To me it seemed a blind eye was always turned when it came to healthcare an branches paying out the life insurance policy service members pay for.

The more the military outsources the better as far as healthcare is concerned. Military members are are in healthcare career fields are the most unsympathizing people I've ever met. They don't give a damn and they get their attitude from their superiors. It all trickles downhill.

This is the truth. They get paid regardless so they dont give a damn about anything.

Heres a true story. I had depression after coming back. I went to the base hospital where they asked me general questions about my mental health. One was "have you had thoughts of killing yourself". Now I have never an would never (unless terminally ill) think about killing myself BUT I was watching this lady for a good 5 minutes an she wasnt listening to any answers I gave her. So, I said yes. She never even paused. After the test she said I was ok to leave. I confronted her about her lack of listening skills as I answered yes to offing myself.

What if a person was serious though?

This is a small glimpse of the type of stuff service members are dealing with.

What you've described is very sad and you should have done more than just confront her but also had a word with her supervisor.

What's really scary is the people who let mentally unstable people deploy in the first place. There are many high ranking officers who just sign someone's physical/mental profile just to mark them as worldwide deployable without even interviewing them. Its easier than going through the process. That's why there are rapists, murderers, theives and just plain unstable people fighting in the war right beside our soldiers.

This is the truth. They get paid regardless so they dont give a damn about anything.

Heres a true story. I had depression after coming back. I went to the base hospital where they asked me general questions about my mental health. One was "have you had thoughts of killing yourself". Now I have never an would never (unless terminally ill) think about killing myself BUT I was watching this lady for a good 5 minutes an she wasnt listening to any answers I gave her. So, I said yes. She never even paused. After the test she said I was ok to leave. I confronted her about her lack of listening skills as I answered yes to offing myself.

What if a person was serious though?

This is a small glimpse of the type of stuff service members are dealing with.

Civilian health care workers are the same.
I worked in health care for 8 years and I'm super picky about my doctors. But I went to the ER after a car accident and they were telling me it was okay to go to work next day,doing construction. They never believe you when you tell them you're in pain. :down Not everyone is drug seeking. :cmad: :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"