Miller: BLACK AND WHITE Statue!

BatScot

Mon the Hoops!
Reaction score
Miller: BLACK AND WHITE Statue

8214_a_full.jpg
8214_b_full.jpg

Prototype: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=52402

Chin could've been sharper, but who cares! Amazing statue!

I agree it is an amazing statue. Looks bad a$$

Basterd upped the price on this one!

$85!!!?????

Both DCD and Miller can kiss my a$$!!

There is absolutely no reason for this thing to be more than the others in this series. This once again proves that Miller is out to do nothing more than rape people of their money.:cmad:

[/frank miller]that's damn nice
nicest statue i've ever seen
yeah, real damn nice[/frank miller]

$85!!!?????

Both DCD and Miller can kiss my a$$!!

There is absolutely no reason for this thing to be more than the others in this series. This once again proves that Miller is out to do nothing more than rape people of their money.:cmad:

Yep. That's exactly what it proves. :whatever:

stop your whining, over here, in norway, it'll probably be 260$

Then explain why this particular statue is more than the rest. Because its Miller? Sorry, I dont buy into the god like image that some put upon afew of these artists and writers. Frank Miller is no better than any other artist that has had a statue made in the series. If they want to charge more just because of his name, then make it a seperate piece from the rest of line. If I was one of the artists that had their artistic image of Batman translated in the B&W line and saw this, I would be very offended.

Sorry, but I dont see paying more money for something that just like the rest, just because of the name attached to it. Especially when its the current hack that is Frank Miller.

Somebody has the hates for FM. I don't hate the guy, btw it's DC doing.

Somebody has the hates for FM. I don't hate the guy, btw it's DC doing.

haha. I hate what he's become. He had some talent back in the 80's, but now, he just does things to see what kind of reaction he can get from readers.

Im sure DC has something to do with it, but Ill guarantee, Miller did as well.

haha. I hate what he's become. He had some talent back in the 80's, but now, he just does things to see what kind of reaction he can get from readers.

Im sure DC has something to do with it, but Ill guarantee, Miller did as well.

No, Miller had nothing to do with pricing, I'm almost positive of it. DC just thought since it's a Frank Miller statue it would have more of a demand, and thus they can make more money by jacking up the price. As for Miller himself, he had talent once. Then he realized he could make more money by catering to teenage boys and filled his stories with hookers, violence, and little substance. He's become a parody of himself.

I gotta agree with SHADOWBAT here...this pretty steep especiallly if you have been following this line. It isn't fair to up the price tag just cuz it's Miller, and honestly it isn't the best statue in this line, while yeah it looks good, the best one (and the only one that would have deserved an 85 price tag) has been Mignolas.

That thing is just.....WOW.

I mean, seriously, no statue has even been done like that wher it can look like flat drawing then BAM it's 3D. It's trippy and just a total masterpiece.

Oh and seeing as how the artists see a nice fat cheque from the sales of these statues alone (not counting the money they get from doing the turnaround art/ design of the piece) then you gotta believe Miller had something to do with priceing.

I wonder what the price will be for the Neal Adams one...

Frank Miller is no better than any other artist that has had a statue made in the series.

......They made a Kelly Jones statue.

The reason the price is higher is because DC DIRECT knows more people will want this one. Frank Miller has nothing to do with setting the prices.

I don't get these people that always hate on Miller...

I hate n Miller because I think he's lost any talent he ever had. He's become nothing moe than a shock jock for comic books. THATS my reason for hating on Miller.

And Ill say this now too, if any of the other B&W's are going to be sold for this price ($85), i wont buy those either. Theres no reason to up the price 30 bucks on an existing line unless there is a change in the production, like the size. From what Im seeing here, there is nothing.

And as much as I hated Jones run on Batman, I actually dig his B&W statue. Its one of my favorites from this line.

I don't like the giant chin, the disproportionately small head to body size or the way his tights are wrinkled up at his knees and crotch. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"