Movie Maniac Beatdown: Last One Standing..?

Hannibal Lecter gets my vote. I re-watched Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon this past weekend. Anthony Hopkins's just owns this role.

I must give props to Patrick Bateman, Norman Bates, Michael Myers and Jason_Voorhees :woot:

This might seem biased since I'm a huge Barker fan but Pinhead wins hands down.

He's a demon from hell who can call upon chain hooks from just about anywhere to rip you apart. He obviously doesn't sleep so Freddy is **** out of luck and although Myers and Voorhees never seem to die they wouldn't pose a threat...see chain hooks. The rest are all human targets and don't get me started on Chucky.
Oh yeah, forgot about Sadako. I don't see any reason why Pinhead let alone any demon or undead would be watching the Ring video so Sadako would never go after him. Not to mention I think being a general in hells army trumps a simple ghost.

This might seem biased since I'm a huge Barker fan but Pinhead wins hands down.

He's a demon from hell who can call upon chain hooks from just about anywhere to rip you apart. He obviously doesn't sleep so Freddy is **** out of luck and although Myers and Voorhees never seem to die they wouldn't pose a threat...see chain hooks. The rest are all human targets and don't get me started on Chucky.
Oh yeah, forgot about Sadako. I don't see any reason why Pinhead let alone any demon or undead would be watching the Ring video so Sadako would never go after him. Not to mention I think being a general in hells army trumps a simple ghost.

Actually, I'm a massive Barker fan as well, and have been since I was in middle school. He's still probably my favorite horror/fantasy author as well as one of my top three favorite writers of all time. I even own many of the Hellraiser comics too. And while Pinhead is very powerful in his incarnation within The Hellbound Heart and also in his comics, I remember him being dispatched with the rest of the original cenobite troupe by that doctor in Hellbound fairly easily. To be fair, though, I never watched the last four or so Hellraiser movies so I don't know if they retconned his abilities/limitations.
And as far as Sadako being confined to only going after those who watch her cursed video the same can be said about Pinhead himself and the Lament Configuration/puzzle box. Keep in mind too that the original Sadako is much more powerful than her American counterpart, Samara Morgan. Sadako in the original Ringu quadrilogy is somewhat of a godlike deity. Her true father is hinted to be an inhuman sea spirit and at one point she even splits herself into two versions which later rejoin allowing her to grow even more powerful. She also wreaks vengeance on several people who have nothing to do with watching the imprinted video throughout the series as well. She also doesn't require a televison or mirrored surface for her to make an entrance, unlike her American version; or even her original literary version, which is also way weaker.
Jason's one tough son of a *****, though. While he does have a heart, as seen in Jason Goes To Hell, he really doesn't need it. I think in that one they even had his "spirit" jumping around in people left and right, so in hindsight, I hink he'd be brought to a standstill with a couple others at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"