Muslim Groups Protest ABC's Hiring of Glenn Beck

KormanRogers

Civilian
Reaction score
Three Arab and Muslim groups have called on ABC to reverse its decision to hire CNN Headline News personality Glenn Beck as a commentator on Good Morning America. In a joint letter to ABC News chief David Westin on Thursday, the Arab American Institute (AAI), American- Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) and the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) said: "To provide a platform for his hateful speech is dangerous and irresponsible, and we strongly and urgently implore you to reconsider this move." Beck first aroused protests when he remarked to Congressman Keith Ellison of Minnesota, who is Muslim, "Prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." (In an interview appearing in today's Washington Post, Beck said, "If I could take back the wording of that question, I would.") He has also accused Muslim-American organizations of displaying apathy towards terrorism.

In general, keeping Glenn Beck from talking is always good.

Maybe the (ADC), (MPAC), & (AAI) should worry more about stopping certain faction of there religion from killing people. I bet if they focused more of there power on that, than what the Pope, or Glenn Beck is up to. There would be a lot less car bombs.

Glenn Beck is one stupid *******. YET, I can respect him for his blatant honesty and just being the *****ebag he really is.

Even setting aside Beck's ridiculously immature views and terrible habit of stating the obvious, he's just bad at his job. Like O'Reilly, he horribly unqualified to be in the position he is and it really bothers me how people like him manage to get more and more time in front of the camera.

The man's like Bill O'Reilly,

...except that when he spouts what he calls truth, he can at least admit that he's uninformed and ignorant. I will give him that.

The man's like Bill O'Reilly,

...except that when he spouts what he calls truth, he can at least admit that he's uninformed and ignorant. I will give him that.

Exactly.

I admire that he has the balls to say it, it's pathetic that you can't bash any religon on televison. On SNL Shena O'Connor took advantage of the show being aired live so she took out a pic of the Pope and yelled "Fight the real enemy", then she tore it in half. I gained my respect after that.

Sinead O' Connor commiting career suicide on live TV? Yeah, that's somethig to respect. Good riddance to that *****.

Sinead O' Connor commiting career suicide on live TV? Yeah, that's somethig to respect. Good riddance to that *****.

She still has her fans. *cough* It was only the Catholics that stopped listining to her, she wasn't Elvis to begin with.

She still has her fans. *cough* It was only the Catholics that stopped listining to her, she wasn't Elvis to begin with.

Yeah, it was only the Catholics. It was only the Catholics that loved Pope John Paul II. :whatever:

Yeah, it was only the Catholics. It was only the Catholics that loved Pope John Paul II. :whatever:

Do you think Hindu's stopped because she bashed the damn Pope?
The Catholics shot themselves in the foot, they declared it blasphemy.
Suggesting that the Pope is god.:whatever:

She "took advantage of the opportunity"? Doesn't SHE have anything better to say than, at it's roots, religious people suck? "Fight the real enemy" -- take your own advice, Sinead.

Do you think Hindu's stopped because she bashed the damn Pope?
The Catholics shot themselves in the foot, they declared it blasphemy.
Suggesting that the Pope is god.:whatever:

People of all faiths really liked John Paul II.

And no we don't. Why don't you try knowing what you're talking about before you say anything?

And no we don't. Why don't you try knowing what you're talking about before you say anything?

Blasphemy is the defamation of the name of one or many Gods. These may include using sacred names as stress expletives without intention to pray or speak of sacred matters. Sometimes blasphemy is used loosely to mean any profane language, for example in "With much hammering and blasphemy, the locomotive's replacement spring was finally fitted." - www.wikipedia.com

I don't get peoples fetish with the pope, he's just an old man that claims to hear from god.

Sineaoconnortearinguppopespicture.jpg

I'm not Catholic, and I admire Pope John Paul II. The hope he brought to his native Poles in his lifetime, is inspirational to any honorable, passionate person.

In my college newspaper, some idiot wrote of The Passion of the Christ: "The Pope shouldn't bother wobbling off his death bed for this". ...I can't believe how many people there really are, who bear nothing but malice and disrespect towards anyone different from themselves.

And Sinead O' Connor is a washed up ***** who is tries to be controversial for the sake of being controversial.

Let's see:

Bridging the gap between Christianity and Islam or having a flash in the pan music career.

I'm not Catholic, and I admire Pope John Paul II. The hope he brought to his native Poles in his lifetime, is inspirational to any honorable, passionate person.

In my college newspaper, some idiot wrote of The Passion of the Christ: "The Pope shouldn't bother wobbling off his death bed for this". ...I can't believe how many people there really are, who bear nothing but malice and disrespect towards anyone different from themselves.

The human race would be so much better off if they stopped caring about what some old man that claims to hear from god thinks.

The Catholic church has done some nice things, but they have also conqured entire civilizations and destroyed their cultures.

For instance, Ireland and South America, Catholicism is really the slave religon of those conqured areas.

The human race would be so much better off if they stopped caring about what some old man that claims to hear from god thinks.
Why would anybody hate the Dalai Lama? :huh:

Why would anybody hate the Dalai Lama? :huh:

The difference is the Dalai Lama doesn't own a two kilometre wide nation in the middle of Rome, make huge meetings telling his followers what they should think and do.

I hate Glenn Beck. He's a freaking idiot, with horribly biased reporting. It's practically fraud, it's so biased. If he used the arguments I've heard him make, I could literally wipe the floor with him in a debate.

Bill O' Reilly is a conservative reporter whom I disagree with and consider biased, but he's at least intelligent most of the time. Glenn Beck is literally a freaking idiot.

And the comments by him, mentioned in the first post, really make me very upset. Why are these people successful in journalism? Why is there enough people who respect their opinion, for them to be successful like this?

It's people like him that make America look bad to most of the world. It makes me very angry, that my reputation gets dragged down with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"