Neca: 2008

Roughneck

Avenger
Reaction score
So....apparently someone got a sneak peek at Neca's 2008 catelogue....and posted some interesting tidbits.

in adition to Stuntman Mike and Zombie Ed still coming....they got three new liscenses.....

one is Beetlejuice...which I posted in a want list a long time back....Wicked....

Another is Excorcist - I'll pass on that....call me a ***** if you must, but that movie remains one of the few films I could not finish.....sure it was....like fifteen years ago when I tried to watch it...I just never tried again since...and have stayed away from every other Excorcist film.....But I could see them making some great figs from it.....The Initial Poster for one.

And the third.....well the third.....keep in mind these are not legitemate or confirmed or anything....but the third....could potentialy make a lot of folks pee thier pants....it's awesome if true...and can potentially expand into something ****ing HUGE for Neca....I'll spoiler it to make the reveal more dramatic.

[blackout]Super Smash Bros[/blackout]

So....apparently someone got a sneak peek at Neca's 2008 catelogue....and posted some interesting tidbits.

in adition to Stuntman Mike and Zombie Ed still coming....they got three new liscenses.....

one is Beetlejuice...which I posted in a want list a long time back....Wicked....

Another is Excorcist - I'll pass on that....call me a ***** if you must, but that movie remains one of the few films I could not finish.....sure it was....like fifteen years ago when I tried to watch it...I just never tried again since...and have stayed away from every other Excorcist film.....But I could see them making some great figs from it.....The Initial Poster for one.

And the third.....well the third.....keep in mind these are not legitemate or confirmed or anything....but the third....could potentialy make a lot of folks pee thier pants....it's awesome if true...and can potentially expand into something ****ing HUGE for Neca....I'll spoiler it to make the reveal more dramatic.

****, that better be true. They're all mine if so.

Speaking of which, I spoiled the character roster for myself since it's out in Japan now :(

How is the game?

I've been watching all the updates and videos so I'm spoiled too

How is the game?

I've been watching all the updates and videos so I'm spoiled too

Never played it. Just saying that the people who have spoiled the roster for myself and many others on sites like Wiki/Wikia.

ah...I can't wait til we get it....Looking at March ninth....but since it's a HUGE game release we might be getting it in the store anywhere as early as the 1st.....doubt it's that early though...but I'm pumped

If this turns out to be true, I'll be a very, very happy (fan)boy! :wow::up:

*crosses fingers*

Eh.. the excitement NECA garnered for me a few years ago has really waned. They put out some magnificent, nearly perfectly executed stuff with Nightmare Before Christmas, and their Sin City work varied from near perfect to frustrating. They stepped it up and put out some highly articulated badass figures recently, but I'm baffled as to where they are going as a company. They seem content to put out figures slowly, sporadically, and milk their old licenses to death. I love NECA as a company, I just want them to step it up and find some direction and purpose- they really had their **** together for a few years. Hope to see it happen again.

I wouldn't say they Milk their old licenses to death......they do stretch them a little....but I can't think of anything they did that was unnecessary.....NBX was the only one I think ragged on....but then again.....it has a HUGE following.....as for thier other stuff....I can't think of anything that's uneccessarily milked to death....

As for 08, Cult Classics is continuing, Players Select is continuing....they are putting out TNMT, Princess Bride, maybe another Castlevania line.....I think they are doing a hell of a job........and everytime I think they are kinda slow I think about Sota......but yeah, it's a shame they can't be as big and as fast as something like McFarlane.......but they can't....Until then...Make Mine Neca.....Especially if the SSB turns out to be true

But that's just it. Cult Classics just seems stale at this point. And it almost seems as if the figures have declined in quality. Definately in selection. The video game kick they are on is... interesting, but it's- again- lacking direction. The Resident Evil stuff seems very inconsistant, and doesn't really work well together. Player Select is also baffling- switching off between figures that are all but statues and figures that are among the most articulated they've put out. I guess I'd just like to see some more product from them- and more lines- that make me want to "collect them all." There work in the past tempted me into buying things I had no interest in, just because it was all so cool and all made for fantastic lines. Now, though, they've made it very easy for me to pick and choose.

Beetlejuice is very exciting. Hope there's more figs than just BJ though. Lydia and Otho would be nice.

Lets hope for that last one. Even if they produce all the characters they could start doing repaints in the different colors available and they could even do some bosses. This could definatley be soemthing good for neca, even haters of the game will want some like mario, luigi, bowser, donkey kong, samus, etc.

Where did you get this info tho?

And last, do you know if the catalogue had pics? Doubt you know that since you didnt actually see the catalogue but its worth a shot

I'm looking forward to some More Alien And Predator figures.

I know.....but something like this they'll announce at TF....maybe have some Protos......

I don't know if I want Articulated or plastues....I almost want Plastues...all in fighting stances...all with interconnecting bases so any two can be put together in a 1 on 1 fight.....even if I got a Mario and a Fire Mario....they could fit together like they are fighting....i think that would be great.

I know.....but something like this they'll announce at TF....maybe have some Protos......

I don't know if I want Articulated or plastues....I almost want Plastues...all in fighting stances...all with interconnecting bases so any two can be put together in a 1 on 1 fight.....even if I got a Mario and a Fire Mario....they could fit together like they are fighting....i think that would be great.

I wonder if they'll be like the trophies in Melee?

I hope not....maybe every one can come with a small trophy version of themselves

Beetle Juice would be pretty cool. I would enjoy BJ in his traditional striped outfit.

But if Super Smash Bros is true as well, I hope they make a decent Link figure.

I dont want them to be in a pose, id like them to be articulated. Id kill for an articulated samus, ive wanted one for so long and if he was just another figure that cant move it be disapointed

A base that interlocks with others to make a stage would be nice. Like maybe all the mario figures could link together to make a portion of mushroom kingdom or the starfox figures could make a portion of his ship.

I dont want them to be in a pose, id like them to be articulated. Id kill for an articulated samus, ive wanted one for so long and if she was just another figure that cant move it be disapointed

A base that interlocks with others to make a stage would be nice. Like maybe all the mario figures could link together to make a portion of mushroom kingdom or the starfox figures could make a portion of his ship.

Fixed that little bit for you.

I think Cult Classics is a license with a whole lot of longevity in it still, if handled right. I just think it's a shame that what was once an exciting line - full of characters we had long waited to appear in figure form - has become bogged down in movie tie-ins, where the whole line is made up of figures from one movie, none of whom you really want a figure of.

NECA need to get back to the original spirit of the line, and that is making fans' movie-figure wishlists come true. One character I really wanna see them do is Anton Chigurh. Don't know how likely that is though....

You guys are now just seeing that? I've seen it for a year or two now in several other places. You guys oughtta get out [of SHH Products Forum] more often :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"