NECA Cult Classics - Who Next?

Venom_uk

Superhero
Reaction score
With NECA set to release the 2nd series of there awesome 'Cult Classics' toy line, what would you like to see made into a future 'Cult Classic'?

As a quick reminder, so far we've had...

Series 1
Patrick Bateman - American Psycho
Eric Draven - The Crow
Jason Voorhees - Friday The 13th: Part VII
Mohawk - Gremlins 2

Series 2
Leatherface - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Freddy - Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Frank The Bunny - Donnie Darko
The Tallman - Phantasm

Personally I would like to see the following in Series 3, or any other future series.

Michael Myers - Halloween
The Dummy - Saw
Shaun - Shaun Of The Dead
Paris Hilton (with pole through head) - House Of Wax. :D:up:

Venom_uk said:
With NECA set to release the 2nd series of there awesome 'Cult Classics' toy line, what would you like to see made into a future 'Cult Classic'?

As a quick reminder, so far we've had...

Series 1
Patrick Bateman - American Psycho
Eric Draven - The Crow
Jason Voorhees - Friday The 13th: Part VII
Mohawk - Gremlins 2

Series 2
Leatherface - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Freddy - Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Frank The Bunny - Donnie Darko
The Tallman - Phantasm

Personally I would like to see the following in Series 3, or any other future series.

Michael Myers - Halloween
The Dummy - Saw
Shaun - Shaun Of The Dead
Paris Hilton (with pole through head) - House Of Wax. :D:up:

That would be the best thing ever

I would snatch Shaun, Michael Myers, and a dead Paris Hilton up in a second. How about a good Pennywise figure?

Pennywise? I can dig that! :up:

And I need a Shaun figure too.

Since they made a Mohawk figure and Gremlins 2 was far from a horror flick, maybe we could get a Frankenfurter figure or some Clockwork Orange figures. What about Jack from The Shining? He could be swinging the axe at the door or be set up w/ his face through the door.

I didn't see house of wax hilton died?
I'd want a gizmo fig

The Lumberjack said:
I would snatch Shaun, Michael Myers, and a dead Paris Hilton up in a second. How about a good Pennywise figure?

That would be damn cool. I'd get one. :up:

NECA just got the license for the orginal Dawn of the Dead and will be inserting figures into the Cult Classics line.
Zombie Stephen (aka "Fly Boy") will be in series 3 while the bald/scarred airport zombie will be in wave 4. also i think Bubba Ho-Tep will also be in series 3.
i think they are going to make an announcement for the line up at the Fall Toy Fair which is being held this week i think.

They need to make some Resevoir Dog figs while they're at it. Or Pulp Fiction.

FEAR THE BAT said:
They need to make some Resevoir Dog figs while they're at it. Or Pulp Fiction.
Somebody actually made some decent Reservoir Dogs figures a few years back. They were in a brochure in the 10th anniversary DVD. As far as Pulp Fiction goes, I've been waiting for realistic Pulp Fiction figures ever since I saw the movie. I'd kill for a Jules and Vincent boxset or Mia and Vincent dancing. That could be a huge series w/ variants or different versions of figures out the ass. Mutch and Marcellus tied up, the gimp and Zed, Vince and Mia (dancing and adrenaline shot), Jules and Vincent (clean, bloody, and "dork" attire), Jimmy, the Wolf......I could go on and on.:D

The Lumberjack said:
Somebody actually made some decent Reservoir Dogs figures a few years back. They were in a brochure in the 10th anniversary DVD. As far as Pulp Fiction goes, I've been waiting for realistic Pulp Fiction figures ever since I saw the movie. I'd kill for a Jules and Vincent boxset or Mia and Vincent dancing. That could be a huge series w/ variants or different versions of figures out the ass. Mutch and Marcellus tied up, the gimp and Zed, Vince and Mia (dancing and adrenaline shot), Jules and Vincent (clean, bloody, and "dork" attire), Jimmy, the Wolf......I could go on and on.:D

I'd like:

a Butch & Marcellus scene where they're both messed up from that wreck (well, Marcellus got hit with a car, Butch was in the wreck) and Butch is running away and and Marcellus is after him with gun blazing.

a Butch & Vincent scene where Butch has Vincents gun and is shooting him as he walked out the bathroom.

and a Jules & Vincent deluxe boxset with them in the car with the guy in the backseat and his head blown off and the insides of the car are all blood splattered.

The Lumberjack said:
Here's a link to those Reservoir Dogs figures. Apparently it was Mezco took a crack at them with.....mediocre results: http://www.toymania.com/columns/spotlight/mezresdog1.shtml

Yeah, they don't look much like the actors. They should try again. Mezco did damn good with the movie Hellboy line.

I'm sure they could outdo these Res.Dog figs easily.

I know there's a pretty cool Mr. Blonde boxset floating around of the infamous ear scene.

Man, that movie is cool. That scene was a trip, especially when he starts dancin' and talkin' into the ear.

Here's the leaked list for Cult Classics series 3......

Bubba Ho-Tep
Zombie Flyboy
T-800 Endoskeleton
John McClaine

John McCaline and zombie Flyboy are the only ones I'll be getting.

Oh, and SOTA has the rights for SaW, they're releasing the killer and the doll in Now Playing series 4, I think.

marvelman418 said:
I didn't see house of wax hilton died?
I'd want a gizmo fig
Paris Hilton snuffing it was the only good thing about HoW. :up:

It like to see a Gizmo but with 'real' fury & not plastic like the one that they have done already.

cqb101 said:
Here's the leaked list for Cult Classics series 3......

Bubba Ho-Tep
Zombie Flyboy
T-800 Endoskeleton
John McClaine

John McCaline and zombie Flyboy are the only ones I'll be getting.

Oh, and SOTA has the rights for SaW, they're releasing the killer and the doll in Now Playing series 4, I think.
Ok I just googled Bubba Ho-Tep & I got some guy that looks like Elvis. Is that right?!? :confused: lol

The T-800 might be worth a look & the John McClaine will be interesting to see. I remember a few people wanted to see a figure of him before.

SOTA have the Saw licence? Well that sucks 'cos now it wont make it into the Cult Classics range but it's also good 'cos it means we're getting the figs made anyway. :up:

Venom_uk said:
Paris Hilton snuffing it was the only good thing about HoW. :up:
Excuse me, how bout Miss Cuthbert running around al sweaty and dirty :D

Venom_uk said:
Ok I just googled Bubba Ho-Tep & I got some guy that looks like Elvis. Is that right?!? :confused: lol

The T-800 might be worth a look & the John McClaine will be interesting to see. I remember a few people wanted to see a figure of him before.

SOTA have the Saw licence? Well that sucks 'cos now it wont make it into the Cult Classics range but it's also good 'cos it means we're getting the figs made anyway. :up:

I'm glad SOTA has the liscence. IMO, they produce much better figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"