Netflix's On My Block (2018)

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score
Netflix's coming-of-age series created by Lauren Iungerich, Eddie Gonzalez, and Jeremy Haft. Staring Sierra Capri, Jason Genao, Brett Gray and Diego Tinoco as four teenagers in a rough neighborhood in LA starting their high school.

Has been renewed for Season 2.

I binged this in one sitting and quite like it. The first few episodes are really charming.

I wanna watch it. I did a binge of Everything Sucks last Friday and this 1 looks real good.

Always amazed me. Teen dramas (on Fox or CW) are usually cookie-cuter all good looking White casts who are 25 playing 15, whereas more gritty teen dramas featuring 15 year olds playing 15 and usually POC casts.

Teen dramas (on Fox or CW) are usually cookie-cuter all good looking White casts who are 25 playing 15, whereas more gritty teen dramas featuring 15 year olds playing 15 and usually POC casts.

Actually all the leads in On My Block are 20/21 in real life portraying 13/14-year-old (just starting highschool). Though considering the subjects (street gang, sex, etc) and some scenes I understand that they want to be safe and case of-age actors. I’m still kinda surprised that there are neighborhoods (except La la land) in the US in which sex and smoking and shooting are THAT normal for 14-year-old kids.

I enjoyed this a lot more than Everything Sucks honestly. I don't really know why, but something about it felt more authentic IMO. The kids chemistry was on point and even though their in there 20's I could definitely buy them as teenagers. I also wasn't expecting this to end on such a dark note. Now, I'm heavily anticipating Season 2.

I just got around and binged watched this. Wow. What an incredible show. This is a show more people need to be watching.

Just finished the first season. Hilarious show, but man... the words I yelled with that finale.

Back in February Netflix announced season 2 would be released this month, nice that we have a premiere date finally.

Just finished the second season. Entertaining stuff, but the Monse and Cesar drama is annoying.

Started watching this on a whim the other day.

Now I'm halfway through Season 2. Pretty good, underrated, and although it can get extremely cheesy at some moments, it's a show with a good heart.

Ruby is a great character, but I am legit shocked that he's the same age as me.

Yeah I enjoyed this season even though it did get a little too cheesy and melodramatic at times. The kids here are still great though, especially their chemistry and I'm looking forward to a Season 3.

Anybody finish Season 3 yet? All I have to say is if we really are getting a Season 4 it has a lot of potential to be great IMO and the best season yet. That last shot was something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"