The Dark Knight New Joker Clip

if any of you had actually seen the tumbler taking corners and going 100+ miles per hour on the streets of chicago you would not be arguing about its functionality. of course it cant do rapless jumps and bust through walls. buy it can ride away from those jumps and i promise you no other screen batmobile can do that. and yes it far outperforms a honda civic.

Wasn't Tim Burton's Batmobile just a regular car chassis with the fiberglass shell ontop?

Like, a Lincoln or something? I'm positive I heard that on the Batman '89 special features.

What's with the need to bash a movie prop from 1989 almost twenty years later? Advances in film happen. The Tumbler does more. The Burton Batmobile did what it needed to do onscreen. It looked fantastic and functional, and fast when it needed to.

Wasn't Tim Burton's Batmobile just a regular car chassis with the fiberglass shell ontop?

Like, a Lincoln or something? I'm positive I heard that on the Batman '89 special features.

I thought I had heard it was a Corvette. Meh.

I believe it was a chevy impala frame with the fiberglass on it. You couldn't go more than 40 mph in the thing b/c apparently it would shake violently. If you watch the scene where Batman and Vicki are driving to the Batcave, right when Elfman's music peaks there's a shot of a shaking Batmobile blasting over the road.

I believe it was a chevy impala frame with the fiberglass on it. You couldn't go more than 40 mph in the thing b/c apparently it would shake violently. If you watch the scene where Batman and Vicki are driving to the Batcave, right when Elfman's music peaks there's a shot of a shaking Batmobile blasting over the road.

That's right. Impala.

Shaking or not, the Batmobile's visuals in BATMAN were amazing.

Don't know if it has been mentioned or not, but I'm sitting here watching the HBO special on TV again and I noticed a clip of the garbage truck from the clip sideswiping a police car and knocking it off of the road. It seems it is part of the chase.

I'll have a full reply and rebuttal to all applicable comments in several days. At this point I'm too excited about TDK to get into a lengthy argument.

All I have to say right now is: to those who STILL somehow doubt Ledger's portrayal of the Joker, or to those who still believe Nicholson was more Joker than Ledger's portrayal is, I eagerly await what you will say after you see the movie, or if you will change your mind.

Nicholson may have been great for the time 20 years ago, just as Romero may have been great in the 60s (for the time). But the fact is that was then, and this is now. There was nobody to compare Romero's portrayal to in the 60s, and there was nobody else to compare Nicholson to 20 years ago. These were ALL different, varied portrayals of the Joker, some more accurate and some more definitive than others. To also say that Ledger cannot be compared to Nicholson or Romero is silly. Yes, they can and will ALL be directly compared, because they all portrayed the SAME character. No matter how different and varied these portrayals were, these 3 actors have all portrayed the SAME character.

I will bring up this thread in a few days, and will also bring up some of the comments doubting Ledger's portrayal after most here have seen the movie, just to say I told you so.

Speaking only for myself, Batman 89's Joker mildly amused me. TDK's Joker freaks me out. That's all I need to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"