New Rock And Roll

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
If there is one type of music that has largely disappeared from the mainstream charts its got to be rock music. There are outliers such as Metal although I wouldn't say its quite mainstream it has thrived with its own dedicated fanbase (plus there is already a metal thread) so thought this would make for a good place to drop down modern rock music you think is worth a listen to as I am always looking for new great rock music to listen to.

Only two requests are that

1. You please SPOILER TAG videos as it damn near breaks my computer trying to load some of these threads with dozens on one page lol.

2. Looking for songs from newer rock band or newer music from older rock bands so lets say we go for nothing that was made pre 2000.

I will start us off with some of my current favourites.

Look forward to hearing you guys suggestions.

The 2010s provided with plenty of quality rock bands.

Marmozets

Red Fang

Royal Blood

Karnivool

QOTSA's last two albums have been excellent.

Love this hurr

(I know thats' really popppy in some ways but they're actually legitimate in some ways that band even though it's hard to believe. The bass is so heavy it's hard not to define it at least some "pop rock" song.

I guess a lot of rock music isn't quite for me right now at this point in time but you know, I like the genre as a form of self expression for whatever reason, it seems to help me the most.

Last edited:

This is pretty much today's rock.

Metallica's Lars Ulrich has two sons who formed a Rock duo called Taipei Huston. Their sound is in a similar vein as other rock duos The White Stripes, Death From Above 1979 and Royal Blood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"