• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Newsflash: Milk Chocolate contains milk

Morg

Grumpy mod
Staff member
Reaction score
Cadbury warns milk chocolate has milk

A British chocolate maker said a new warning label will inform consumers of milk content in milk chocolate, even though "milk" is in the candy's name.

Cadbury said the famous Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate bar -- which lists milk first on the ingredients list and explains that the bars contain "the equivalent of three quarters of a pint of fresh liquid milk in every half pound of milk chocolate" -- will soon bear an additional message reading "CONTAINS: MILK," Sky News reported Monday.

A spokesman for Cadbury said the warning is aimed at complying with laws that govern the presence of allergens in food.

However, Moira Austin, helpline manager for the Anaphylaxis Campaign food allergy support group, said Cadbury is merely "stating the blindingly obvious."

"The law requires manufacturers to list allergens if they are an ingredient. It does not require these additional warnings," she said.

© 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

That's udderly ridiculous. :o

Um, Wow! That's pretty much all one can say about the ridiculous nature of this article. lol.

Our world is dominated with stupid people. :csad:

i do, and yea someone is smokin something when they wrote that article

...I really don't know what to make of this. If it's from The Onion or something I'd laugh, but if it's a real article I'd cry me eyes out for my future in this world. :(

And 5 whole replies and not a single "O RLY?". I can't tell if I'm disappointed or supremely proud of you all.

Cadbury warns milk chocolate has milk

A British chocolate maker said a new warning label will inform consumers of milk content in milk chocolate, even though "milk" is in the candy's name.

Cadbury said the famous Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate bar -- which lists milk first on the ingredients list and explains that the bars contain "the equivalent of three quarters of a pint of fresh liquid milk in every half pound of milk chocolate" -- will soon bear an additional message reading "CONTAINS: MILK," Sky News reported Monday.

A spokesman for Cadbury said the warning is aimed at complying with laws that govern the presence of allergens in food.

However, Moira Austin, helpline manager for the Anaphylaxis Campaign food allergy support group, said Cadbury is merely "stating the blindingly obvious."

"The law requires manufacturers to list allergens if they are an ingredient. It does not require these additional warnings," she said.

© 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

orlyverbose.jpg

...I really don't know what to make of this. If it's from The Onion or something I'd laugh, but if it's a real article I'd cry me eyes out for my future in this world. :(

And 5 whole replies and not a single "O RLY?". I can't tell if I'm disappointed or supremely proud of you all.
There you go dudeman

It's not from The Onion, it's real. Hell I seen the same crap like that here in America

KInda like the warning on McDonald's coffee. Careful, the hot coffee is hot! And watch out!! The hot apple pie is hot, too. What the f*** is next, a warning that ice cream is cold and may give you "brain freeze".

Or like the warning that Peanut Butter contains Peanuts :o

WTF...that's NOT the concern I have with Cadbury's products!

I don't CARE if there's milk in their milk chocolate. I'm not allergic to MILK.

Once again they dodge my TRUE concern: Is there any CHOCOLATE in their milk chocolate??

Will SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER THIS?!?!

I once knew a girl who would fake having all manner of problems just for attention. One day she was talking about how she was allergic to milk, moments before snacking on a dairy milk bar.

:lmao: Nice wording Morg :D

The Next Warning from Cadbury:

Cadbury Creme Eggs: Do not let your Chickens sit on them.

That's udderly ridiculous. :o

Oh for f*** sake :facepalm

I'd just like to point out, if someone is allergic to MILK and that person is stupid enough to eat a Cadbury's MILK Chocolate bar while failing to realize that it contains MILK, then the extra warning of "CONTAINS MILK" is not going to make one blind bit of difference.

"What if it kills them" you say.
Well then you celebrate! The average IQ of the world just got a bit higher.:applaud :hoboj:

:oldrazz:

This completely changes the way I view life :( Sure I & any other sane person already knew this but to have it said & confirmed & put on the carton oh it's a life changing event :( Life will never be the same again when drinking Chocolate Milk :( Or a Milk Shake :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"