• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nine-year old whiz kid writes iPhone apps

Raiden

Wakanda Forever
Reaction score
Boy's painting program was downloaded over 4,000 times in two weeks

SINGAPORE - While most children his age sketch on paper with crayons, nine-year old Lim Ding Wen from Singapore, has a very different canvas — his iPhone.

Lim, who is in fourth grade, writes applications for Apple's popular iPhone. His latest, a painting program called Doodle Kids, has been downloaded over 4,000 times from Apple's iTunes store in two weeks, the New Paper reported on Thursday.

The program lets iPhone users draw with their fingers by touching the iPhone's touchscreen and then clear the screen by shaking the phone.

"I wrote the program for my younger sisters, who like to draw," Lim said. His sisters are aged 3 and 5.

Lim, who is fluent in six programing languages, started using the computer at the age of 2. He has since completed about 20 programing projects.

His father, Lim Thye Chean, a chief technology officer at a local technology firm, also writes iPhone applications.

"Every evening we check the statistics emailed to us (by iTunes) to see who has more downloads," the older Lim said.

The boy, who enjoys reading books on programing, is in the process of writing another iPhone application — a science fiction game called "Invader Wars."

Looks like he might have Bill Gates' job someday. :wow:

I wonder how much he is making if Apple is selling it.

I wonder how much he is making if Apple is selling it.
A lot. Apple takes very little of the profits made from the apps. There have been several developers already who have made hundreds and thousands of dollars from selling applications over the App Store.

He's like a real life Tony Stark.

Makes you feel like **** don't it? When I was in 4th grade I was trying to peek at boobies, this kid is going to be a millionaire before Puberty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"