Nintendo ajusts forcasts

Zenien

Reaction score
Whatshisface said:
Nintendo will die this next generation

And the sad part is he's believed that for quite some time.

10:16 03Oct2006 RTRS-Nintendo raises 2006/07 profit forecast 20.5 pct

TOKYO, Oct 3 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co. Ltd. <7974.OS> on Tuesday raised its annual net income forecast for the current 2006/07 business year by 20.5 percent to 100 billion yen ($850 million) on strong sales of its Nintendo DS game console and a weaker-than-expected yen.

The new target compares with an earlier estimate of 83 billion yen, and an actual 98.4 billion reported last fiscal year.

Nintendo also raised its sales estimate by 15.6 percent to to 740 billion yen.

EDIT: Updated News

10:38 03Oct2006 RTRS-UPDATE 1-Nintendo raises 2006/07 profit goal 20.5 pct

TOKYO, Oct 3 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co. Ltd. <7974.OS> on Tuesday raised its annual net income forecast for 2006/07 by 20.5 percent on strong sales of its Nintendo DS video game console and a weaker-than-expected yen.

The Japanese maker of game machines and software said the revision includes its latest estimates for its new game player, the Wii, which is expected to go on sale in the United States in November.

The company now expects profit of 100 billion yen ($850 million) in the year ending March 31, which compares with an earlier estimate of 83 billion yen. The company reported a gain of 98.4 billion last year.

The new target beats the market consensus for a net profit of 84.6 billion yen, according to a poll by Reuters Estimates.

Nintendo raised its sales estimate by 15.6 percent to to 740 billion yen, and operating profit target by 16 percent to 145 billion yen.

The company based the new earnings estimates on an exchange rate of 115 yen to the dollar, and 143 yen to the euro.

($1=117.63 Yen)

What word is your custom title?

Also:up:

I hope wii does better than ps3. It is certainly the more deserving console, as already it has beat it in terms of interesting games, and it is the most innovative of all the consoles, even though I'm still not quite convinced the gimmick will be as revoloutionary as some hope. If there is any justice, it will be the number 2 console this generation, behind 360.

If there's any justice, Nintendo will take the first spot.

Well if there was justice in the world Xbox would not be set to win this console war (c'mon last generation was nothing but ports from the PS2 and the single franchise that the entire console is based around, Halo) but I digress.

Now this is just launch but given the pre-orders in Europe and the expected forecasts in Japan and just the hype I've personally seen Wii will have a bigger launch than PS3 (and that $250 price tag has a BIG SOMETHING to do with it) however, that doesn't mean it will win. It needs to keep 3rd party support (something N64 had trouble with and Gamecube just flat out failed to do) and to do this they need to keep selling well. That means great titles and more innovation.

If Nintendo can keep this up though, I see them as a serioius contender to winning this generation (something most people, even Nintendo fanboys and obviously Sony and Microsoft worshippers) had never expected.

Should be interesting.

IMO, NOTHING nintendo has shown so far can touch the following 360 titles:

Bioshock
Alan Wake
Dead Rising
Lost Plant
Crackdown
Saint's Row
Ghost Recon Advance warfighter
Mass Effect
The Darkness

Among others.

There's very few wii games I want ( resident evil and sadness and trauma center and day of disaster), but that's still four more games than I want for ps3 (and of course the wii's cheap price helps too).

But it shouldn't be number one. It beats PS3 because PS3 has no good games and is a poor excuse to shove blu ray in homes, but 360 has the superior game line up (and I will ''lol'' at any suggestion that mario and the cute games stand up to any of the above titles).

Mario may be cute but the gameplay is just as solid as any game you mentioned and may be even funnier.

Nintendo games are always the best.

TheCardPlayer said:
Mario may be cute but the gameplay is just as solid as any game you mentioned and may be even funnier.

LOL

TheCardPlayer said:

Agreed.

Nothing in the Xbox 360 line-up, in my opinion, can compete with Twilight Princess, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Wii Sports, or even Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, and goddamn Elebits. I just don't think the usual dreck from the Xbox 360 is any fun.

...Read my sig and be enlightened. DACrowe speaks truth.

TheGrayGhost said:
I just don't think the usual dreck from the Xbox 360 is any fun.
You're just as worse as the people you are arguing with.

Look, 360 has a good line-up.
Nintendo has a great line-up.

They appeal to different senses, and occasionally they cross paths. Some 360 games are better than some Wii games, and vice versa.

End of story. The Wii will be fantastic regardless of what a few rabid fanboys believe.

I would not call Twilight Princess a "cutsie" game and trust me that and ANY Mario game will be better than Dead Rising. The best game on 360 right now is Call of Duty 2 and that isn't even exclusive though.

I will admit I love the controller and think in the long run it has a great line-up and will most likely win the console war though.

TheCardPlayer said:
You're just as worse as the people you are arguing with.

Perhaps you have a point. I should clarify: I acknowledge that many gamers enjoy the games on the Xbox 360. But I don't enjoy them. That seems fair to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"