offical Samurai Shodown launches for Switch in Q4 2019, PS4 ,Xbox One in June, & PC later

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

Top, Interviews, Previews, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Switch
Samurai Shodown launches for PS4 and Xbox One in June, Switch in Q4 2019 and PC later; 44 minutes of gameplay and staff interview
Published 20 hours ago. 77 comments.
Gematsu goes hands-on with the weapons-based fighter reboot.

Samurai-Shodown_03-25-19_001.jpg

Samurai Shodown will launch worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in June, followed by Switch in Q4 2019 and PC at a later date, publisher Athlon Games and developer SNK announced. It will feature Japanese voice-overs and support English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Pan-American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese subtitle language options.

The Unreal Engine 4-powered fighting game is a reboot of the classic series set between the events of Samurai Showdown V and the original game. It will feature 16 total fighters, including 13 returning characters and three brand new characters. Additional characters will be released via post-launch downloadable content.

Here is the official fact sheet:

About

After more than a decade, Samurai Shodown is back! SNK is rebooting one of its most successful series, carrying on the legacy of past titles with a new game that retains the same thrilling battles of past titles in a graphically advanced package. Samurai Shodown’s gameplay is driven by the tense atmosphere of being one strike away from death, and the exhilaration of defeating an opponent with overwhelming power and attacks. Taking place between the events of the original game and Samurai Shodown V, the new game carries on the legacy of the one true weapon-based fighter.

Key Features

• Exhilarating Weapons-Based CombatSamurai Shodown carries on the legacy of the tense battles the series is known for, where players are always one strike away from death, and one powerful attack away from victory.
  • Evolving the Presentation – Using the power of Unreal Engine 4, SNK is able to modernize the unique atmosphere and setting of past titles in a gorgeously artistic package that achieves a detail and graphical quality like never before.
  • Unique Cast of Returning and New WarriorsSamurai Shodownwelcomes back iconic characters from past iterations, including the swordsman Haohmaru, his rivals Ukyo and Genjuro, the shrine maiden Nakoruru, and fan-favorite Galford. The starting roster will include a total of 16 characters—13 veterans and three newcomers to the franchise.
  • All New Gameplay – Carrying on some of the key fighting mechanics that made the series popular, such as the Rage Gauge, Rage Explosion, Sword Clash and more, Samurai Shodown will also include several new techniques, including a powerful, one-time use attack from each character called the Super Special Move.
  • Revolutionary New AI System – Titled Dojo Mode, SNK has developed a proprietary AI system that learns from player patterns and creates a specific Ghost clone from that data. With this system, players can fight against their own Ghost or take on the Ghosts of top players in mock battles.
The public will be able to go hands-on with the game for the first time at PAX East 2019, which runs from March 28 to 31 at the Boston Convention Center. SNK will also host a panel, “Samurai Shodown: Resurrecting a Legend,” on March 30 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. ET featuring producer Yasuyuki Oda, director Nobuyuki Kuroki, original Samurai Shodown director Yasushi Adachi, and several other staff members from SNK.

Get a new trailer and 44 minutes of Gematsu-recorded gameplay footage below, as well as our preview of the game and interview with producer Yasuyuki Oda, director Nobuyuki Kuroki, and game designer Joshua Weatherford. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

PAX East 2019 Trailer

44 Minutes of PlayStation 4 Pro Gameplay

Navigation

• 0:20 – Story Mode Introduction: Galford
  • 2:04 – Story Mode Battle: Galford vs. Earthquake
  • 4:49 – Story Mode Battle: Galford vs. Haohmaru
  • 8:05 – Story Mode Introduction: Haohmaru
  • 9:48 – Story Mode Battle: Haohmaru vs. Galford
  • 12:09 – Story Mode Battle: Haohmaru vs. Genjuro
  • 17:02 – Story Mode Introduction: Nakoruru
  • 18:52 – Story Mode Battle: Nakoruru vs. Jubei
  • 21:27 – Story Mode Battle: Nakoruru vs. Jubei (Rematch)
  • 24:35 – Story Mode Battle: Nakoruru vs. Earthquake
  • 29:13 – Battle Mode Battle: Haohmaru vs. Genjuro
  • 32:42 – Battle Mode Battle: Earthquake vs. Charlotte
  • 36:42 – Battle Mode Battle: Genjuro vs. Jubei
  • 41:39 – Battle Mode Battle: Galford vs. Charlotte
Preview
I played about an hour or so of the new Samurai Shodown and it felt good—really good. I have stated this in the past, but I am not big on fighting games. I am generally not good at them and tend to only play for fun with friends. That being said, I went into playing Samurai Shodown without really caring much about it. But after some hands-on time with the weapons-based fighter, I am actually kind of hyped?

Samurai Shodown is being treated as a reboot to the long-running series. Story-wise, it is set in 1787, after the events of Samurai Shodown V in 1786 and before the events of the original Samurai Shodown in 1789. While the Kansei reforms have been enacted by the newly appointed Matsudaira Sadanobu, a mysterious dark force is looming on the horizon, prompting the warriors of Samurai Shodown to gather and set out on individual journeys and fight for their own beliefs. Each character character has a different story.

The game has a roster of 16 characters, 13 of which are returning from previous games. They are Charlotte, Earthquake, Galford, Genjuro, Hanzo, Haohmaru, Jubei, Kyoshiro, Nakoruru, Shiki, Tam Tam, Ukyo, and Yo****ora. The other three are completely new characters who have yet to be announced. I played as a few characters during my session, including Galford, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, and Jubei. As for stages, the stage selection screen appears to offer 13 total options.

Playing round after round of Samurai Shodown, I learned that no two characters are alike and that a single strike has a ton of pull, as one hit can deal massive damage and significantly turn the tide of battle. The game is built atop various mechanics, starting with the “Rage Gauge,” which fills up the more you are hit. When the Rage Gauge is filled entirely, your attack power increases, special moves become stronger, and you can use a “Weapon Flipping Technique” to disarm your opponent. You can also deplete the entire gauge to activate a once-per-match “Rage Explosion,” which enables the use of a “Lightning Blade” attack in which the character leaps forward and uses a quick strike that deals heavy damage. Each character also has a “Super Special” attack that, like Rage Explosion, can only be used once per match. Each Super Special plays out a character-specific scene that reflects their personality or style. Nakoruru’s, for example, captures her resolution to protect Mother Nature while also illustrating her displeasure of fighting. The commands to activate these techniques are simple and the same across every character, which means that there is no need to memorize complicated commands for different fighters. Finally, there are also “Sword Clashes,” which occur when two attacks perfectly clash, prompting you to mash the attack buttons to retain your weapon and send the opponent’s weapon flying.

I picked up on the game’s systems quite fast as I played, and even went toe-to-two with producer Yasuyuki Oda. (Though, I think he went easy on me.) The systems are incredibly easy to grasp, but the real challenge comes in utilizing them correctly while timing your strikes and preventing your opponent from dealing significant damage. It felt like there is quite a lot of strategy involved, and it is something that I found myself wanting to learn and master. Playing as Galford, I got the upper hand on Oda in our first match as he was so used to Galford’s behavior when playing against game designer Joshua Weatherford that he did not expect me to react in certain ways. (Or at least that is what I was told. I still just think he went easy on me!)

In terms of game modes, Samurai Shodown offers the classic Story Mode, an offline Battle Mode (which in itself includes modes such as Survival), an Online mode to compete against players across the world, a Practice mode (which includes Tutorial and Training modes), a Gallery Mode to view player-unlocked movies, artwork, and background music, and a new Dojo Mode in which you can upload and fight against your own “ghost data” or the download and fight against the ghost data of other players.

Dojo Mode is an entirely new asynchronous online mode, which according to SNK utilizes “deep learning technology” to have the game’s artificial intelligence learn from your techniques and habits during offline mode gameplay to create a “ghost AI” character that both you and other players can fight against online. An “Ironman Challenge” mode in which players can try to fight 100 ghosts in succession is also being implemented. SNK even has a patent pending for Dojo Mode. Unfortunately, SNK is not saying more about Dojo Mode for the time being, one of the reasons being that the mode is essentially built off player data, which the team does not currently have.

Visually, Samurai Shodown is an eyeful. From graphics to menus, everything is decorated in a traditional Japanese aesthetic—as is appropriate for its Edo period setting. That setting and visual design make the fighter stand out as something truly unique from the rest of the crowd.

Samurai Shodown is by no means the most well-known name in fighting games, but with the release of this spectacular-looking reboot and its participation as a main title in the upcoming Evo 2019 tournament, I really hope that it gets more recognition. I really want to pick this one up and learn its ins and outs.

Interview
This is the first new Samurai Shodown game in over a decade—the last new one being Samurai Shodown Sen for Xbox 360 and arcade in 2008. What was now the time for something new?

Nobuyuki Kuroki, Director: “There are various reasons, one being that when I was at SNK back in the day, I always wanted to work on Samurai Shodown more and more. I did a little bit of work on the Samurai Shodown 64 series. But there’s also just the fact that there has been a major focus on eSports recently, and I feel like this game in particular is very unique and will stand out on the eSports scene. And in general it’s just an iconic series for SNK, and we’ve had a lot of fan requests from the community to bring it back.”

Speaking of eSports, I think it’s safe to say a lot of people didn’t expect Samurai Shodown to be a main title for Evo 2019 in August. With the game due out in June, are you worried there won’t be enough time for players to learn how to play at a sufficient level?

Yasuki Oda, Producer: “I’m a little worried. (Laughs.) I’m a little bit worried that it might not be the top-level play that you’d see. But I also think that the system in general is just so simple and easy to pick up that people will jump right into it. And you might see a lot of people come out of nowhere that haven’t been on the scene before, who resonate with this game that’s so different from other games, and make a new entrance.”

Joshua Weatherford, Game Designer: “I personally think that the systems are not just simple, but also difficult to master. So it’s that perfect balance for me in game design. One thing that we like to point out is that we were very careful to stay as close to the roots as possible for some of this stuff. So you know a lot of times whenever you see modern fighting games, they’ll change the move sets around, cut some of them out—almost none of that happened here. We kept everything in—we just tuned it a little bit to be more balanced for modern fighting games—but there’s very few cases where you have a character that’s lost half of there moves or something like that. So people who know Samurai Shodown from the past, who know a specific character—they’re going to be able to jump right in, in my opinion.”

Moving on to characters, The King of Fighters XIV had a very generous starting roster of 50 or so fighters, compared to the 16-character roster of Samurai Shodown. Do you feel like that might be too little?

Weatherford: “Not really.”

Oda: “We’re not really worried about that honestly, because The King of Fighters is a team-based fighting game—three-versus-three, so you need a full team of three characters. So in my opinion, when you take one-third of that roster, you get about the amount in this game, so it works. Also, there’s not really a single clone character—that’s always been one of the things about Samurai Shodown. Even Hanzo and Galford, two ninjas that should play alike, play nothing alike. A couple of motions might be similar, but very few characters are actually similar to other characters. So all of them really stand on their own.”

And you guys aren’t showing the three original characters right now, but can you give us a hint?

Athlon Games representative: “No! We’re not answering that. (Laughs.)”

Hey, get out of the room! (Laughs.)

Weatherford: “They’re really cool, that’s all I’ll say. All three of them are really cool.”

Woo, big giveaway there. (Laughs.) Anyway, while we’re still talking about characters, given the rising popularity of guest characters, is there a possibility that we’ll see fighters from other franchises appear in Samurai Shodown?

Oda: “Yeah, we’re definitely interested, especially in finding a character that really fits this kind of gameplay.”

Say there were no restrictions on which guest character you could include, who would you choose to add to the roster?

Kuroki: “Oh man, that’s hard… Luke Skywalker.”

Oda: “(Pulls up an image of a Mobile Suit from the Gundam franchise on his phone.)”

Weatherford: “For me, I’d want TOEI Spider-Man. I love Spider-Man and I want something that’d fit this, so there’s actually a tokusatsu Spider-Man—like old school, giant robots—made back in the ’70s… None of these could ever actually be in because of licensing issues. (Laughs.)”

Oda: “If I’m thinking about swordplay, I’d like to put in Aragon from The Lord of the Rings.”

How do you plan to draw in beginners or players who don’t normally play fighting games?

Kuroki: “I think it really just comes from the basic fighting system of the game. Single strikes are so useful and damaging that you could win even if you land a lucky strike against a high level player.”

I think that’s what I did against Oda-san…

Oda: “(Laughs.) Well, we also made sure that all the super moves are the same inputs for each character. So as long as you know one character, you can easily jump into another character. Which is very different from say, The King of Fighters. That’s very difficult to keep up with everyone’s supers.”

Well, that about wraps up our time. Thank you for speaking to me! I wish you all a successful public debut at PAX East 2019!

visit gallery »

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Switch
Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC
Published 13 hours ago. 54 comments.
Includes six games.

SamSho-Collect_03-30-19.jpg

SNK announced Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam) during a panel at PAX East 2019. It will launch this fall.

Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection will include the following six games with online play ported by Digital Eclipse:

• Samurai Shodown
  • Samurai Shodown II
  • Samurai Shodown III: Blades of Blood
  • Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa’s Revenge
  • Samurai Shodown V
  • Samurai Showdown V Special
Thanks, @Wario64.

Also with below

Samurai-Shodown_Darli_03-30-19-165x95.jpg

Samurai Shodown adds new character Darli Dagger
Published 13 hours ago. 72 comments.
The first of three new fighters.

Darli Dagger is the first of three new characters that will appear as part of the 16-character roster in the new Samurai Shodown, developer SNK announced during a panel at PAX East 2019.

Darli Dagger is a sailor and a shipwright to ever sail the seven seas with a weapon that has a few secrets She is “one of the few characters that has something special when she is disarmed,” according to game designer Joshua Weatherford.

Samurai Shodown is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in June, Switch in Q4 2019, and PC at a later date. If you missed it, read our preview here.

Samurai Shodown Japanese voice cast announced
Published 3 hours ago. 5 comments.
The voices behind 13 of the 16 playable characters.

SamSho-Japanese-Cast_04-03-19.jpg

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals the Japanese voice cast behind 13 of the 16 playable characters in the upcoming Samurai Shodown reboot.

The voice cast is as follows:

• Haohmaru (voiced by Daiki Nakamura)
  • Nakoruru (voiced by Mai Nakahara)
  • Hanzo Hattori (voiced by Tadahisa Saizen)
  • Galford (voiced by Wataru Komada)
  • Ukyo Tachibana (voiced by Shinjiro Sakurai)
  • Jubei Yagyu (voiced by Hiroshi Naka)
  • Earthquake (voiced by Kentarou Tone)
  • Charlotte (voiced by Afumi Hashi)
  • Genjuro Kibagami (voiced by Kong Kuwata)
  • Kyoshiro Senryo (voiced by Monster Maezuka)
  • Tam Tam (voiced by Ryousuke Morita)
  • Yo****ora Tokugawa (voiced by Makoto Furukawa)
  • Shiki (voiced by Chitose Morinaga)
The voice actors for recently announced new character Darli Dagger and other two new characters have yet to be announced.

Samurai Shodown is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in June, Switch in Q4 2019, and PC at a later date. If you missed it, read our preview here.

Thanks, Ryokutya2089.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Arcade, Switch
Samurai Shodown launches June 27 for PS4 and Xbox One in Japan, summer for arcades, and winter 2019 for Switch and PC
Published 9 hours ago. 44 comments.

Meet the game's three original characters.

Samurai-Shodown-Presentation_04-04-19_Top.jpg

Samurai Shodown
will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 27 in Japan, developer SNK announced. An arcade version will launch this summer, and the Switch and PC versions will follow in winter 2019. In North America and Europe, the game is still planned for a general June release.

The game will be available both physically and digitally for 7,200 yen, or in a digital Deluxe Pack including a Season Pass for 9,000 yen. The Season Pass—which includes four additional characters to be released in August, October, December, and February 2020, respectively—can also be purchased separately for 2,000 yen.

Early purchases of the game will include the following bonuses:
  • Standard Edition / Deluxe Pack: “Retro 3D: Haohmaru” downloadable costume
  • Deluxe Pack / Season Pass Bonus (before July 16): “Retro 3D: Nakoruru” downloadable costume
Users who purchase the Deluxe Pack and Season Pass via the PlayStation Store or Microsoft Store before July 16 will also receive a 10 percent discount.

The SNK Online Shop will sell a 30,000 yen exclusive limited edition including a NeoGeo rom casette-style case, art book, and an original picture illustrated by Yumi Saji.

In addition to the information above, SNK also revealed Samurai Shodown‘s three original characters in full. Here are the details:

Darli Dagger (voiced by Yuu Kobayashi)
A shipwright who has mastered the use of various tools. She washed ashore an island at an early age, where carpenters taught her how to make things and pirates taught her how to protect herself and survive. She is currently building a ship said to be unsinkable with her comrades at the island’s workshop.

Wu-Ruixiang
(voiced by Seira Ryuu)
A descendant of an ancient and honorable feng shui clan, Wu-Ruixiang is a woman who serves the Qing dynasty. With a mission is to protect generations of long mai, she travels to various places under the emperor’s command. She is wise, but extremely clumsy. She also dreads exercise as she tends to seclude herself indoors. She calls forth powers of divine beasts, and her secret art can even summon a dragon.

Yashamaru Kurama (voiced by Kouhei Amasaki)

A young, fallen samurai. He hates villains who exploit wealth from the weak, and moves in the shadows as the chivalrous thief known as the “Karasu Tengu (Crow-Billed Goblin).” In the past, his father was executed on false charges, and his hatred for the Shogunate is deeper than anyone other. He fights wielding his memento nagamaki sword, and uses the power of the tengu (long-nosed goblin) passed down for generations.

Here is a shot of the full 16-character launch roster:

As previously announced, the game’s 13 returning characters are Charlotte, Earthquake, Galford, Genjuro, Hanzo, Haohmaru, Jubei, Kyoshiro, Nakoruru, Shiki, Tam Tam, Ukyo, and Yo****ora.

Watch a new trailer below.

View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Samurai Shodown Nakoruru trailer
Published 3 days ago. 23 comments.
The young, fast, and deadly fighter with a nature-inspired moveset.

SamSho-PV_04-10-19.jpg

Publisher Athlon Games and developer SNK have released the first in a series of character-focused trailers for Samurai Shodown. The first one introduces Nakoruru.

Nakoruru is described as a young, fast, and deadly fighter can take to the skies or even reflect attacks from her enemies. Here is an overview of teh character, via Athlon Games:

The young Kamui warrior Nakoruru, a long-running staple of the Samurai Shodown universe, is here to show you her nature-inspired move set along with the help of her trusty pet hawk Mamahaha. Nakoruru will do anything to protect her beloved Mother Nature, and that includes death for those who dishonor her.

Samurai Shodown is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 27 in Japan, and in June in North America and Europe. Switch and PC versions are planned for release in winter 2019.

Watch the trailer below.

1 day ago
SAMURAI SHODOWN: New Trailer Focuses On Newcomer Darli Dagger; Official Release Date Finally Revealed
Darli Dagger was the very first new character that we were introduced to for SNK's brand-new Samurai Shodown, and today the developer has shared a gameplay trailer that shows off her skills.Read more

| 4/19/2019
Filed Under: "Fighting Games" Source: SNK
15494.jpg
Today SNK has released a new gameplay trailer for Samurai Shodown, which focuses on newcomer Darli Dagger, and has finally given us an official release for the game; becoming available for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC on the 27th of June.

Samurai Shodown is a series that has been around for quite a long time, originally releasing for the Neog Geo MVS in 1993, and now the series is getting a reboot that sees characters from the original games making a comeback, and some newcomers joining the series.

Darli Dagger was the very first character that SNK introduces us to in the brand-new Samurai Shodown, and she is no pushover; with her jagged saw sword Libertalia she can take on any enemy she comes across.

Take a look:

After more than a decade, Samurai Shodown is back! SNK is rebooting one of its most successful series, carrying on the legacy of past titles with a new game that retains the same thrilling battles of past titles in a graphically advanced package.

Samurai Shodown will be available for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC in June of 2019.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

so June 27 is the worldwide release date or just Japan?

game doesn't seem to be available for preorder yet.

so June 27 is the worldwide release date or just Japan?

game doesn't seem to be available for preorder yet.
the article maker mad a slight mistake It was for the japanes one . the west date still has yet to be said other then it being in the same month .

Ukyo Tachibana Demonstrates High-Speed Moves In His Samurai Shodown Introduction Trailer . April 25, 2019 . 12:00am

Samurai Shodown got its latest character introduction trailer featuring Ukyo Tachibana who demonstrates some flashy moves with his Shinmuso Itto-ryu fighting style in the upcoming fighter.

11 comments Read >

Samurai Shodown got its latest character introduction trailer featuring Ukyo Tachibana who demonstrates some flashy moves with his Shinmuso Itto-ryu fighting style in the upcoming fighter.

Here’s a new trailer via SRK:

Samurai Shodown will come to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Japan on June 27, 2019. It will appear in in Summer 2019, then come to the Nintendo Switch and PC in Winter 2019. Check the first two character introduction trailers with Nakoruru and Darli Dagger.

source: The Nightmare of Druaga - Siliconera

PC PS4 SWITCH XBOX ONE May 1, 201949
Samurai Shodown Shiki trailer
The twin katana user without a past.
Samurai-Shodown-PV_05-01-19.jpg

The fourth character trailer for Samurai Shodown introduces Shiki.

Here is an overview of Shiki, via Athlon Games:

Originally debuting in Samurai Shodown 64, Shiki is a mysterious woman with seemingly no past, having awoken on Mt. Osore with no memory of her origins. Forgetting everything but her name, and owning no proof of her identity, she picked up two swords found at the base of the mountain and embarked on her journey. With her unconventional attacks and looks, no swordsman stands a chance against her.

If you missed it, previous trailers introduced Ukyo Tachibana, Darli Dagger, and Nakoruru.

Samurai Shodown is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 27 in Japan, and in June in North America and Europe. Switch and PC versions are planned for release in winter 2019.

Watch the trailer below.

Also with below

PC PS4 SWITCH XBOX ONE May 8, 201934
Samurai Shodown Charlotte trailer
The wandering French noble.

Samurai-Shodown-PV_05-08-19.jpg

The fifth character trailer for Samurai Shodown introduces Charlotte.

Here is an overview of Charlotte, via Athlon Games:

This esteemed French swordswoman is a genuine knight who values modesty and martial arts over authority, and will protect her country at any cost. With her mighty rapier La Roche, her slashing attacks revolve around stabbing from a distance, avoiding body contact as much as possible.

If you missed it, previous trailers introduced Shiki, Ukyo Tachibana, Darli Dagger, and Nakoruru.

Watch the trailer below.

Samurai Shodown Arrives June 25, 2019 And Gives Early Adopters A Free Season Pass . May 14, 2019 . 6:10am

The Samurai Shodown release date has been set for June 25, 2019, with people who preorder or buy before June ends getting the season pass for free.

16 comments Read >

New Samurai Shodown Trailers Showcase The Rivals Haohmaru And Genjuro. May 15, 2019 . 9:00am

Haohmaru and Genjuro have been rivals since Samurai Shodown II, and the latest Samurai Shodown trailers give people a better look at both of Nicotine’s former students.

7 comments Read >

Samurai Shodown Latest Gameplay Trailer Shines The Spotlight On Yashamaru Kurama. May 22, 2019 . 9:31am

SNK has released the latest gameplay trailer for Samurai Shodown, this time focusing on new character Yashamaru Kurama, who wields the power of the Tengu.

4 comments Read >

Samurai Shodown Is Getting A Demo For PS4 And Xbox One In Japan On May 31 . May 29, 2019 . 2:00am

SNK announced that Samurai Shodown is getting a demo in Japan starting May 31, 2019 for the PS4 and Xbox One. Playable characters include Haohmaru, Yashamaru Kurama, and Nakoruru as playable fighters.

6 comments Read >

Street Fighter V And Mortal Kombat 11 Rise In Evo 2019’s June Registration Update . June 4, 2019 . 3:00pm

It’s a couple more months until Evo 2019 and tournament organizer Joey Cuellar shared the June edition of the registration scoreboard that shows a rise in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition and Mortal Kombat 11.

25 comments Read >

Green Hell’s Greatest Warrior Tam Tam Returns In The Latest Samurai Shodown Character Trailer. June 6, 2019 . 8:45am

Tam Tam, the greatest warrior in his village of Green Hell who wields a machete and is known for spinning attacks, is returning in the latest Samurai Shodown.

16 comments Read >

Samurai Shodown Reveals Rimururu As Its First DLC Character
By Sato . June 9, 2019 . 11:00am

Rimururu has made various appearances throughout the Samurai Shodwon series, and the priestess of the Ainu religion, also known as Nakoruru’s younger sister, will be Samurai Shodown’s first DLC character.

28 comments Read >

Samurai Shodown Trailer Shows Off Poppy… Oh… And The ‘Superhero Of Justice,’ Galford
By Jenni . June 12, 2019 . 7:00am

The latest Samurai Shodown trailer shows what people can expect from Galford and his husky companion, Poppy.

22 comments Read >

Samurai Shodown Introduces The Dual-Wielding Katana User Jubei Yagyu
By Alistair . June 17, 2019 . 3:43pm

One of the series’ veteran characters, the dual-wielding samurai Jubei Yagyu, is returning in full glory in the latest Samurai Shodown game.

13 comments Read >

Samurai Shodown’s New Demo With Genjuro, Ukyo, Charlotte Releases June 21 In Japan . June 19, 2019 . 4:30am

SNK announced that Samurai Shodown is getting a new demo in Japan On June 21, 2019. This time it’ll feature three different playable characters of Genjuro Kibagami, Ukyo Tachibana, and Charlotte.

Start a discussion! Read >

Samurai Shodown Trailer Reintroduces The Legendary Hanzo Hattori. June 19, 2019 . 7:04am

The latest Samurai Shodown trailer shows people a better look at the Iga ninja, Hanzo Hattori.

Start a discussion! Read >

Earthquake Bounces In And Fires Up A Samurai Shodown Introduction Trailer . June 20, 2019 . 4:00am

The heavyweight ninjutsu fighter Earthquake debuted in the very first Samurai Shodown and he’s back for more action in the upcoming fighter. Watch him swing his giant kusarigama in a new trailer.

3 comments Read >

Samurai Shodown’s New Trailer Demonstrates Kyoshiro Senryo’s Dancing Battle Kabuki. June 20, 2019 . 2:00pm

SNK’s upcoming fighting game Samurai Shodown got another character introduction trailer. This time it is Kyoshiro Senryo the Dancing Battle Kabuki fighter who demonstrates his moves.

7 comments Read >

The Clumsy Shield User Wu-Ruixiang Makes An Impression In This Samurai Shodown Trailer June 22, 2019 . 12:49pm
One of the three new characters in the latest Samurai Shodown, the Chinese feng shui shield user Wu-Ruixiang, is the latest character to get an introduction trailer.

15 comments Read >

source: Siliconera - Welcome to the Unseen Side of Video Games!

4 days ago
Shizumaru Hisame Embraces Death, As He Joins The Roster In SNK's SAMURAI SHODOWN
SNK has just announced that Samurai Shodown 3's Shizumaru Hisame will be joining the roster in the brand-new Samurai Shodown as a free DLC character next week.Read more

| 9/10/2019
Filed Under: "Fighting Games" Source: Samurai Shodown
SAMURAISHODOWNBanner-September10.png

Samurai Shodown
— SNK's reboot of their long-running, and acclaimed Samurai Shodown sword-fighting series — was released in June of this year for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One; with the Nintendo Switch and PC versions scheduled to release at a yet-to-be-determined date.

Ever since the game was released, SNK assured players tht most classic characters would be making a return while still making room for some newcomers to join the roster in Samurai Shodown; great news, considering that, at least in fighting games, the more the merrier is always better.

Back in August, SNK revealed that they would be releasing even more characters — which are completely free of charge, mind you — and letting everyone know that Rimururu was the first of five free characters that would be releasing throughout the year.

As announced by SNK, the characters that would be joining the game as free DLC characters were Shizumaru Hisame, Basara, Kasuki Kazama, and Wan-Fu; with the former getting a new character trailer and an official release date.

Today, SNK released a character trailer for Samurai Shodown III's Shizumaru Hizame, showing off some of his deadly moves, as well as revealing that he will become available in Samurai Shodown — again, free of cost — next week on the 16th of September.

Check it out:

After more than a decade, Samurai Shodown is back! SNK is rebooting one of its most successful series, carrying on the legacy of past titles with a new game that retains the same thrilling battles of past titles in a graphically advanced package.

Samurai Shodown is currently available for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Nintendo Switch and PC versions to release soon.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"