Official Vehicle Troubles Thread!

Maximum Carnage

Tanned User
Reaction score
I think that this would be a great outlet for people, like myself, who have NO idea about cars and the like. So I'll start!

I have a 2001 Ford Mustang GT (V8). It's over 120k in mileage, so she's been around.. lol. This is the first time I've had major problems with the performance. When I accelerate, 30-50 mph, it's shakes and sputters. My dad seems to think it's a transmission problem, and that I should take it to the closest Ford dealership for a diagnostic.

Any opinions, guys?

It could also be that gasoline is not flowing properly, so you might want to check your fuel filter or fuel pump.

The fuel filter is fairly simple, whereas you just have to locate it & replace it. The fuel pump is something you'll probably need someone to look at.

Could just be water in the gas. Do you always get your gas from a reputable place? I know I had this same problem with my '99 Cavalier. I changed the spark plugs, plug wires, and fuel filter. Also ran a couple bottles of STP felt system cleaner through it. Cleared up the problem.

To add to what Duke said, there are loads of tutorial videos on YouTube for just about any mechanical work you can think of. That's how I found out how to do most of the work I've done to my cars.

I'm not a car expert, but things to look into are definitely a clog in the fuel filter. Make sure you have adequate gaps in your spark plugs. You may need new plugs and wires. Worst case is a cracked head. My Ford Ranger was doing the bucking this past fall and it was two cracked heads. Needless to say $3500.00 later and it's back to normal.

I think your flux capacitor needs more uranium.

The fuel pump and the filter are fine, I had them checked before I moved here to Orlando. I'll definetly try the STP though. I booked a diagnostic to be done tomorrow morning at Ford. $100 just for them to check it. x_X;

The fuel pump and the filter are fine, I had them checked before I moved here to Orlando. I'll definetly try the STP though. I booked a diagnostic to be done tomorrow morning at Ford. $100 just for them to check it. x_X;

It seems you're being taken for a ride. :dry:

Yeah, seriously.. But I'm afraid to take it anywhere else. Especially if they're not too familiar with a Ford/Mustang.

yeah the best thing to do is to go to a mechanic who's friends with or has a rapport someone you know, friend or family member, so you can name drop and be all like "oh, so and so sent me over here, said you did good business". otherwise they'll try to f*** you over big time. mechanics aren't generally the most trustworthy people around lol.

yeah the best thing to do is to go to a mechanic who's friends with or has a rapport someone you know, friend or family member, so you can name drop and be all like "oh, so and so sent me over here, said you did good business". otherwise they'll try to f*** you over big time. mechanics aren't generally the most trustworthy people around lol.

Always a good idea. Also, there are TONS of mechanics who know Fords and Mustangs inside and out that are WAY cheaper than the dealership. Do some research and find one. Avoid the dealership like the plague. They WILL overcharge you!

Also, try just using Google. You can find car guy forums that could be very helpful and save you money.

Always a good idea. Also, there are TONS of mechanics who know Fords and Mustangs inside and out that are WAY cheaper than the dealership. Do some research and find one. Avoid the dealership like the plague. They WILL overcharge you!

Also, try just using Google. You can find car guy forums that could be very helpful and save you money.

Another thing you can try would be consult Angie's List for a reputable & affordable mechanic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"