The Dark Knight Ok, IMDB needs to police their boards...this is horrible

Reaction score
This is a post from the Dark Knight boards:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/board/nest/95790891

Heath Ledger death scam?

by MoviemanJF 4 days ago (Thu Jan 24 2008 15:36:04)

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone else has taken this into consideration, but what if this whole Heath Ledger thing is a marketing ploy by Chris Nolan? I mean, the guys very theatrical to the point of even staging a kidnap and murder in broad daylight. I sincerely apologize to anyone offended if the death is real, but it just sound like something Nolan would come up with. I mean, night of the premiere, Ledger shows up as the Joker and pretends to shoot a few stand ins or something and it would make history. Am I just morbidly crazy or has anyone else thought of this too?

Heath Ledger death scam?
post.gif
by MoviemanJF 4 days ago[SIZE=-1] (Thu Jan 24 2008 15:36:04)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Ignore this User | Report Abuse[/SIZE] Okay, I'm not sure if anyone else has taken this into consideration, but what if this whole Heath Ledger thing is a marketing ploy by Chris Nolan? I mean, the guys very theatrical to the point of even staging a kidnap and murder in broad daylight. I sincerely apologize to anyone offended if the death is real, but it just sound like something Nolan would come up with. I mean, night of the premiere, Ledger shows up as the Joker and pretends to shoot a few stand ins or something and it would make history. Am I just morbidly crazy or has anyone else thought of this too?

Q: Is that an asinine concept?
A: Yes

Q: Is that poster alone in speculating that this is what's happening?
A: NO!

Q: Should such speculation be suppressed by IMDB?
A: No!

Q: Should other posters make it clear that the idea is absolutely ridiculous and that anyone who proposes it is an smacked a$$ and should have their freakin' head examined?
A: ABSOLUTELY!

:hoboj:

Heath Ledger death scam?

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone else has taken this into consideration, but what if this whole Heath Ledger thing is a marketing ploy by Chris Nolan? I mean, the guys very theatrical to the point of even staging a kidnap and murder in broad daylight. I sincerely apologize to anyone offended if the death is real, but it just sound like something Nolan would come up with. I mean, night of the premiere, Ledger shows up as the Joker and pretends to shoot a few stand ins or something and it would make history. Am I just morbidly crazy or has anyone else thought of this too?
This guy's post would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad...
yeah, it's crazy or just guitared...

i would be lying if i said i didn't think of that. i just keep it to myself cuz the probability is next to zero and it's a very sensitive topic and i don't want to sound insensitive.

When I read the first thread about it, I thought it might have been in refference to a viral campaign thing. But then it obviously wasnt, after reading the article linked in the thread. So yeah, that guys an idiot.

^ no just too little brains.....or too much crack , im not sure

This was actually the first thought that popped into my head when I heard the news too, but then, two seconds went by, and reality kicked me in the face...bummer

Heath Ledger death scam?

Is it bad that I thought the same thing right after he died? :csad:

Now its sunk in though, its real and Heath is gone, but I wont deny that I didnt think it was a "marketing ploy" from Nolan & Co. right after it happened.

I thought this as well at the beginning(like the first 2 hours) but i cant beleive someone still thinks it may be a scam

That guy's an idiot, but it's been mentioned countless times here on the Hype as well. We just have C. Lee. :up:

IMDB is populated by idiots like this. Honestly, that place is a bad place hole.

guitared and disrespectful threads and posts like that are everywhere.

Heath Ledger death scam?

:dry:

Too much Andy Kaufman in his life.

It's real not staged.

HOWEVER,

If memory is correct, The Joker at times had henchmen that had or "resembled" famous comedy personas and names.

Ex: Mo, Larry, and Curley. Punch and Judy. Heckle and Jeckle.

IF
, and thats a BIG IF, Nolan would contemplate the thought; I would put Kaufman in that list as well. The Joker would re-enact something that sick.

~:hoboj:~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"