Omega the Unknown!

HuyLantern

Sidekick
Reaction score
Please check out this interview of Paul Hornschemeier. One of the artists on the new "Omega the Unknown" series. If you're a fan of Three Paradoxes and Mother come Home,please listen.

Please check out:http://www.theacmecomics.com

If the link doesn't work on the website, please click on "the odeo.com" link, and listen to the interview there.

Is it me, or has this thread been created about 3 different times now, all across the Hype? :confused:

I thought I saw a preview for this like four years ago or something.

I thought it was hilarious that not only is Marvel doing Gerber's Omega The Unknown, but the same month, they are doing his other two characters, too: Howard The Duck and Foolkiller. I read he's signed off on Foolkiller, but I've also read that he doesn't want Marvel to do anything with those characters who he's created. I know he put up a stink about Howard and Omega.

I wonder, are there even 5 people on this board who are buying this?

I'm actually thinking of it. At least give it a peek in the shop.

Marvel's relaunches have been really surprisingly good of late. Eternals, New Universal, and Iron Fist all blew me away; this could be the same way ... and, best of all, thank God it's not another supergroup. Marvel's had enough new supergroups to fill up a new comic company.

If the new supergroups continue to be like The Order and New Warriors, I wouldn't mind a few more. I'd particularly like to see the so-called "Renegades" from WWH get a mini-series, at least. Such a good bunch of characters from all corners of the Marvel universe would really add some nice variety to the typically myopic teams Marvel tends to favor (New Warriors = ex-X-people, Avengers = popular characters, etc.).

If a Renegades book means more Hercules and Angel, I'm down. :up:

I'm buying it pretty much because of Paul Hornschemeier.

Kinda wish he was on the writing side of things as well mind you.

As the thread starter says his most readily available works are Mother Come Home and Three paradoxes. He also contributed to an anthology called Autobographix (as well as designing the book).

His work is quite brilliant, wistful and melancholy, but also advancing the medium with each new work (particularly notable with his use of bubbles).

He has also done:

Work on Bizarro
Let Us Be Perfectly Clear
Forlorn Funnies

Please check out the interview!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member