Once Upon a time in Mexico: Discussion Thread

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
I will go see this film on the weekend, but I know some of you are going today, so discuss what you liked or disliked about the third installment in the Marachi Trilogy.

08-mexico-inside.jpg

El Marachi 3/Desperado 2: Once Upon a time in Mexico
Starring
Johnny Depp
Antonio Banderas
Selma Hayek
Eva Mendez
and
Willem Dafoe

Co-Starring
Enrique Iglesia mole in it's final appearence.

Film Edited, Composed, Shot, Written, Produced, and Directed
by
Robert Rodriguez

:cool:

Well just got back from it. It had some great gunfights, and El is the only character besides Zorro I like Banderas in. Johnny Depp was cool... and the scenes with Salma were sexy as hell.

now for the bad..... The plot for this movie seemed jumbled. It had three or four plots coming together.

Now for the good again. I loved the music in this movie. I love the Mexican scenary. Very beautiful. The voilence was REALLY harsh.... Something I loved.

Now for the bad again. The two Marachi's SUCKED. The last two from the last movie were way cooler... These two were stupid and I was wishing for them to get shot.

Now for the good. I loved the direction of the movie. Some lines were cheesy fun, and I liked Depp's character.

I have one word to say about Depp in this movie: SPIN-OFF.

I want one and I think it could be cool.

I disagree. The plot's one of the best aspects of teh film. Sure, if you're not paying attention to every little detail it'll go in one ear and out the other, but if you pay close attention you'll see a complex and cool plot. But I do agree, the two mariachies aren't as gfood as the ones from the second.

ALso, I would love a Sands(I forget his name) spin-off, btu what are they gonna do about his
eyes
. I don't want a movie about a
blind
Sands.

A movie about a
blind gunfighter is a cool concept
IMO.

I'll be seeing this next week...seems like a long time to wait.
icon_catbert.gif

Movie owned! Depp was the s**t! Antonio was ownin as well! Salma looked hot for the few minutes she was onscreen...and Rourke and Dafoe were great! Awesome action...story was a bit jumbled...but who cares it was soo frickin sweet!

I'm really looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. My friend told me at points the movie seemed sort or cheap and corny, but he doesn't exactly have the greatest taste in movies, so it doesn't worry me.

GREAT GREAT MOVIE!!!!
Depp is The FRIKKIN S***!!!!

Originally posted by Lord Blackbolt
Well just got back from it. It had some great gunfights, and El is the only character besides Zorro I like Banderas in. Johnny Depp was cool... and the scenes with Salma were sexy as hell.

now for the bad..... The plot for this movie seemed jumbled. It had three or four plots coming together.

Now for the good again. I loved the music in this movie. I love the Mexican scenary. Very beautiful. The voilence was REALLY harsh.... Something I loved.

Now for the bad again. The two Marachi's SUCKED. The last two from the last movie were way cooler... These two were stupid and I was wishing for them to get shot.

Now for the good. I loved the direction of the movie. Some lines were cheesy fun, and I liked Depp's character.

I have one word to say about Depp in this movie: SPIN-OFF.

I want one and I think it could be cool.

Perfect description! Agree with everything you said, plot, characters. DAMMIT, I want to see Agent Sands again. He should have a spinoff. Don't even care if he's ... um, well, I won't reveal a spoiler. Suffice it to say, Depp is a little handicapped by film's end.

I want to see Mariachi, The Legend again as well. The shot of the Mexican flag draped around him...PERFECT!

I want to see El Mariachi And Sands in another movie either together or in solo films .I dont care how I see em I just want to see them again.

The movie wasn't great... The plot was too complex, the characters sucked except Johnny Depp, and there wasn't enough gun fights. Desperado was better:o

Originally posted by ramon
better than desperado?

Absolutely.
Desperado was the worst of the bunch. El Mariachi still remains the best of the three, but Once Upon a TIme in Mexico just totally blows Desperado away. The characters, the plot, the action... all of it.

Originally posted by incurock31
Absolutely.
Desperado was the worst of the bunch. El Mariachi still remains the best of the three, but Once Upon a TIme in Mexico just totally blows Desperado away. The characters, the plot, the action... all of it.

I disagree... There was too little action and nothing was that great unlike desperado. Now I like a good story but this was trite and dumb... Robert Rodiguez isn't a good writer :o Does anyone rememeber Desperado and you find out the guy is HIS BROTHER! Just because it complex doesn't make it good:o All the characters sucked including Antonio Banderaz except Johnny Depp kicked ass! I give this a 5-6/10 for Johnny Deep and what little action there was.

I disagree, I think this is just the kind of film to come next in the series. It was broad, it had a gerneral political undertone, of something that wasn't completely random. This kind of stuff happens. And Ruben Blades was actually pretty cool, I've never really liked him in anything.

Originally posted by Movies205
The movie wasn't great... The plot was too complex, the characters sucked except Johnny Depp, and there wasn't enough gun fights. Desperado was better:o

Are we talking about the same movie?

Yeah... the movie made over 24 million....:)

Nice... hopefully that means another sequel.... or a Spin-off

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"