Out in the rain = Sick?

jacambece

Civilian
Reaction score
Yesterday i spend most of the day inside due to rain, but there were times when i had to go out...when i did i got soaked. Today i have been feeling very ill...can they be related? i went online to find out and i couldnt find anything,but i always remember my mother telling me that if i went out in the rain i would get sick...i think i am starting to think thats true.

Cambece

It is true. And watch out for Bigfoot.

Rain can't make you sick. Unless it's acid rain.
How do you pronounce your name?

If you're weak enough that some rain will kill you then you should get less weak:up:

It can't rain all the time.

Erzengel said:
It can't rain all the time.
I moved to Seattle because I love rain and fog and everyone told me that it rains almost everyday in Seattle.
BULLS***.
:down:mad:

Maybe you should move to London?

may-be.
And worse, everyone believes this collective hypnotic lie, so no one has air conditioners or sprinkler systems for their lawns, so every summer you're sweating your ass off in restaurants, bars and coffee houses and everything that was once green shrivels away to dead yellow crap.
I was gypped.

I'd write a letter if I was you.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
may-be.
And worse, everyone believes this collective hypnotic lie, so no one has air conditioners or sprinkler systems for their lawns, so every summer you're sweating your ass off in restaurants, bars and coffee houses and everything that was once green shrivels away to dead yellow crap.
I was gypped.

Did you meet Frasier?

I think he visited the actual site where grunge started. :up:

It's not necessarily the fluid that will make you ill but how cold it was outside. :up:

and how cold the rain was.

but cold doesn't necessarily make you sick. The reason people get sick a lot in the winter time is more related to the fact that they're indoors all of the time, trapped in a box teeming with the germs of everyone involved.

I thought cold lowers one immune system making them more susceptible to virus's and the such? :confused:

Doesn't the cold lower your immune system, thus making you more succeptible to germs and such?

{Edit} Holy ****, Erzengel, way to steal almost EXACTLY what I said.

It's propaganda by the people who make winter jackets!!!

Being out in the rain will not make you sick. It's just a common misconception like when people think that sugar makes them hyper (which isn't true because it DOSN'T).

Green m&m's make girls horny. I read that somewhere.

I always like to think that rain is when Heaven urinates in unison.

Why do people think that sugar makes them hyper? It dosn't, yet everytime I tell people that they fight so hard to deny that I'm right and they're wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"