Pariah - Bill Burr/'It's Always Sunny' Guys Team For FX Pilot

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/01/fx-pariah-its-always-sunny-pilot/
FX orders comedy pilot 'Pariah' from 'It's Always Sunny' team
By Natalie Abrams

FX is staying in business with the guys behind It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The network has given a pilot order to Pariah, a half-hour comedy starring Bill Burr that hails from John and Dave Chernin and stars Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton, and Rob McElhenney.

After an on-air meltdown, volatile TV personality Joe Abbott (Breaking Bad’s Burr) is exiled from show business and forced to navigate society as a man with no apparent skills.

The Chernins, who are supervising producers on Sunny, will write and executive-produce with Day, Howerton, and McElhenney, who will also direct the pilot. Dave Becky, Michael Rotenberg, and Nick Frenkel will also executive-produce.

“I am really looking forward to making a show with Rob, Dave, John, Charlie and Glenn,” Burr said in a statement. “I’ve been a big fan of Sunny since the beginning of their amazing run. I feel very lucky to be working with them.”

Added the Chernins: “We believe that Bill, Rob, Glenn, and Charlie are four of the funniest people in comedy today. To work alongside them is a dream come true.”
Team IASIP is making this? I'm in, no questions asked. :o

And Bill ****ing Burr is in it?? Oh hell yea

I wonder what's happening with all of the trio's other projects that were in development at FX/FXX when their show with Tracy Morgan was ordered about six months back...
Also part of the new deal are a blind comedy pilot order and script deals for Harder, written by Scott Marder and Glenn Howerton; We’re Good, Thanks, written by Mary Elizabeth Ellis, Artemis Pebdani and Charlie Day, with Ellis and Pebdani attached to star; and Blow Up Dolls, written by and starring Sarah Solemani.

http://deadline.com/2014/11/regina-...h-daisy-betts-childhoods-end-syfy-1201296802/
Regina King is set for a starring role opposite Bill Burr in FX comedy pilot Pariah. Co-created by It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia writer-producers John Chernin and Dave Chernin, Pariah centers on volatile TV personality Joe Abbott (Burr) who, after an on-air meltdown, is exiled from show business and forced to navigate society as a man with no apparent skills.” King recently wrapped a series-long arc on John Ridley’s ABC drama American Crime.

whatever happened to that sci-fi/comedy show that the It's Always Sunny crew was working on years ago?

seems that they have worked on several projects outside of It's Always Sunny but really nothing ever came of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"