• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Pawn Sacrifice with Tobey Maguire

Lencho01

Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
Reaction score
‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Poster Will Have You Concerned for Tobey Maguire

pawn-sacrifice-poster.jpg

In a gripping true story set during the height of the Cold War, American chess prodigy Bobby Fischer (Tobey Maguire) finds himself caught between two superpowers when he challenges the Soviet Empire. Also starring Liev Schreiber and Peter Sarsgaard, PAWN SACRIFICE chronicles Fischer’s terrifying struggles with genius and madness, and the rise and fall of a kid from Brooklyn who captured the imagination of the world.
[YT]xFHvH9FtACg[/YT]

Looks great!

Edward Zwick is up there with my favorite directors and with Steven Knight writing this, it could be really solid. I do hope this gets some Oscar buzz.

Just read up on Bobby Fischer. Didn't realize the guy was so wacko.

Also extremely anti-Semitic despite having a Jewish mother.

Yep, I knew Fischer's story would be great cinematic material, and this trailer showcased that. I really like it.

My ramblings

I really loved it. Tobey Maguire did a fantastic job on playing a paranoid schizophrenic Bobby Fischer. There wasn't a bad performance in sight, Liev Schreiber, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Peter Sarsgaard were also great. Edward Zwick did a great job on capturing this moment in time where the popularity of chess was at a all time high. He managed to keep a level of energy throughout the film. If anything I disliked about it, it doesn't have a real ending, but I guess that's to be expected with most bio-pics. Overall, it's worth checking out and worth getting nominated.
9/10

Yeah, i saw a couple clips and Maguire puts in work here. He may get that nod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"