Pepsi's new suicide ads for Pepsi Max

I love the ads. The art is creative and looks cool. Insensitive to suicide? If anything, people who commit suicide are the insensitive ones. They have no consideration for the people that will be cleaning up the mess they leave when they off themselves. Finally, ads that show true artistic inspiration. People who think the ads are insensitive should just gouge their eyes out. If a cartoon slashing its wrist bothers you, then... *sharpens pencil* here you go.

This is offensive the art is terrible:cmad: It's not unique it is an objective bad.

Hmm...

Suicide, like anything else, can be funny given the right context.

Is this a bit extreme? Sure. The brain matter, etc, probably isn't neccessary to get the point across. It's in bad taste. But it is what it is.

And on another note, I'd expect those who whine about this ad parodying suicide to whine about every ad that makes fun of anything and anyone. Because in almost every bit of parody, there's someone who "could" be offended, or someone who wouldn't think that was funny.

Hmm...

Suicide, like anything else, can be funny given the right context.

Is this a bit extreme? Sure. The brain matter, etc, probably isn't neccessary to get the point across. It's in bad taste. But it is what it is.

And on another note, I'd expect those who whine about this ad parodying suicide to whine about every ad that makes fun of anything and anyone. Because in almost every bit of parody, there's someone who "could" be offended, or someone who wouldn't think that was funny.

Which serves to make it funnier.

Those ads rule, and are hillarious. I really like the self-immolation one.

I guess if it showed a female calorie going into Planned Parenthood with some of those new abortion coupons, that may not have flown as well.

They could have avoided some of noise with a lonely calorie fondling a blow-up calorie. But I doubt avoiding noise was the point. – ed bernays | dunwoody, GA

How is this necessary? I mean, why does a chunk of the thing's brain have to be shooting out the back of its head? How graphic is that?

Who is this being insensitive to? The people that should be offended are, or should be dead. & if the people that are offended are people that wasn't successful, then they are just upset that the Calaroie is doing that they failed to do.

Who is this supposed to offend? Suicidal people? I'm not sure they give a crap about pepsi. Is there some kind of Suicidal Rights group now, demanding equality for people who want to top themselves? Maybe it's offensive to the loved ones of people who commit suicide, but the most insensitive person there is the person that killed them self in the first place.

Suicide is a choice, not an affliction.

I really don't think it was a smart advertising choice. Not only is it offensive to plenty of folks, suicide just doesn't really scream, "Hey! Drink my soda!" :huh:

1. Pepsi Max has ONE CALORIE in it now?

2. Pepsi can take a piss take and piss off.

happyvillagezs9.jpg

I usually hate people being easily offended, especially by advertisements (Case in point: as a response to my teacher telling the class about various genocides today, I blurted out "well, at least I'm okay.") but this is too far.

The ads are extremely insensitive towards mentally ill people who are at risk of commiting suicide, as well as towards the friends and relatives of suicides.

The product tastes like chilled battery acid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"