Pokemon Fevah!

TNC9852002

Banned User
Reaction score
Ok, now that's outta the way, here's where I'm at:

I'm out of practice and I'm eagerly anticipating Diamond and Pearl domestically, but I want a hands-on taste of Pokemon NOW.

The last Pokemon game that I owned was Pokemon Silver on GBC (with which I clocked in over 1000 hours in) and that was ages ago.

Now I've got a DS Lite and I wanna check out an oldie-goody game before Diamond/Pearl to catch up on things, but I don't know which one.

Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald?

-TNC

Emerald is the obvious choice. I think it features both of the exclusive Pokemon from Ru/Sa, and it has some new obtainable Pokemon as well. It's a been a while, though, so I'm not entirely sure. Also, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl will allow for you to transfer your Pokemon teams from Ru/Sa/E via the GBA slot on the DS. However, since the franchise has been known to change the "fundamental formulas" (including STATS, EV's, IV's, EP's, and abilities) with each installment, it is likely that you're team will reduce in strength due to the changes. It would be wise for you to follow a reliable web-site that will inform you of the changes, so that you can make the proper accomodations. That is, if you're into competitive battling.

Only get Fire-Red or Leaf-Green if you want to play the remakes of the originals. They're great games, probably the best pokemon games of this genaration along with Emerald.

If I where you I'd go for Emerald, your going to want to get to grips with some of the pokemon you haven't seen before, and it'll probably take you longer to complete than FR&LG.
I'm only saying that because once you've played red and blue, it's like riding a bike, you know what you need, where it is, and how to find it, even if your momory is a little foggy because it's been such a long time since you played it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"