Post-Season/Series Finale Blues

imdaly

- Part 12
Reaction score
So, I'm sitting here thinking about how my must-see TV shows are either ending their seasons for a few months or flat-out ending their runs altogether this month. It gets me kinda down in the dumps to know that I won't see what comes next for any of my favorite TV shows until September at the earliest.

That's at least 3 months of emptiness on my TV!!

So I'm thinking: Now would be a great time to check out some shows keep hearing great things about but never gave a chance! I mean, it's not like there's a "real world" outside my house waiting for me to enjoy it or anything! :D

Now I know there's other people here who feel the same. So to all of you, I make this thread.

List your Must-See TV shows that you NEVER miss, and any shows you think you might try out this summer. We can all comment to each other giving comments and advice. Who knows? Maybe you'll find another Must-See show or two to catch once the Fall season starts up in a few months!

So here's mine:

Must-See:
Alias (Finished)
LOST
Arrested Development (Cancelled)
The Office (USA)
Smallville

Might Check Out:
24 - Season 2 (Own/Watched Season 1. Haven't seen any more)
Desperate Housewives - Season 2 (Saw all of Season 1. None of S2)
Grey's Anatomy (Saw only first 3 episodes)

How about you?

...BTW I have NOT seen the Alias finale yet, so PLLLLLEEEASE don't spoil anything about it in here for me. I won't be able to see it for the next few days, until it's available on Shareaza :( Thank you!

Well I'm hoping CTV will air the second season of Veronica Mars. If not I'll have to resort to the DVD.

I've avoided Lost for two seasons, managed to go mostly unspoiled and will check out the DVDs this summer. Same with Alias.

Still have to watch 24:Season Four. With 20 weeks of 24 episodes of season Five; I'm going to need my Jack Bauer fix.

slinger said:
Well I'm hoping CTV will air the second season of Veronica Mars. If not I'll have to resort to the DVD.

I've avoided Lost for two seasons, managed to go mostly unspoiled and will check out the DVDs this summer. Same with Alias.

Still have to watch 24:Season Four. With 20 weeks of 24 episodes of season Five; I'm going to need my Jack Bauer fix.

Not sure about Veronica Mars, but with Alias and LOST, make sure you watch them in order. Like with 24, they are heavily serialized shows that you can't skip episodes if you're truly trying to keep up and enjoy them.

:D And yes, do watch Alias and LOST. They are two of THE greatest television shows ever, IMO. You will not be disappointed! (Realize that you will not get all of your questions answered quickly very often. But that's part of what makes them so great!)

Boston Legal. It's got one of the greatest casts ever.

Denny Crane. Barry Gold. Denny Crane West.

I mean, come on. It's got to be one of the best shows on TV right now, and not many people watch it.

You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making closing argument. Says “who’s that?” St. Peter says “Oh, that God. Thinks he’s Denny Crane.”

Though my must sees are as follows:

Boston Legal
The Unit
Lost
Scrubs
The Office
Bones (another great show)
and Family Guy.

SouLeSS said:

Denny Crane. Barry Gold. Denny Crane West.

I mean, come on. It's got to be one of the best shows on TV right now, and not many people watch it.

You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making closing argument. Says “who’s that?” St. Peter says “Oh, that God. Thinks he’s Denny Crane.”

Though my must sees are as follows:

Boston Legal
The Unit
Lost
Scrubs
The Office
Bones (another great show)
and Family Guy.

Any shows you've never tried that are interested in checking out during the break?

Must-See:

Smallville.
Boston Leagal.
House.
Law & Order: SVU. (It's hard watching that and BL at the same time)
Nip/Tuck.

Shows I'll try next season:

24. (Season finale was good stuff)
Lost. (I didn't watch the first episodes, so I didn't try to jump in)
Prison Break. (I watched the first episodes, but I stopped)

Shows for the summer:

America's Got Talent.
Rescue Me. (FX shows are good, so I'll give this one a catch)
Re-runs. :)

Must-See:
Ghost Hunters
Medium
Nip/Tuck.

Shows I'll try next season:
Heroes

Shows for the summer:
Re-runs.
lots of syndicated sitcoms
Star Trek TNG on Spike and G4

My "regular TV season" TiVo season passes include:
Prison Break
Lost
Smallville
Alias (although the series is over, so I'll have to take that off)
Scrubs
The Shield
My Name is Earl
The Office
Supernatural
Amazing Race

Summer Shows:
Entourage
Rescue Me

Shows I'm trying:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (F/X reruns them at 6am every weekday, so I have a new one when I get home from work every night)
Gonna start Angel soon, same thing as Buffy, but on TNT, it's about to wraparound to the begining of the series in the next couple weeks, so I'll start a TiVo pass then.

I'mma try out Smallville during the summer. I heard it was good, then I heard it was bad, so I['m kind of at ends with what to think about it. I saw a few episodes, one being the one with the flash, and hated it.

But who knows.

SouLeSS said:
I'mma try out Smallville during the summer. I heard it was good, then I heard it was bad, so I['m kind of at ends with what to think about it. I saw a few episodes, one being the one with the flash, and hated it.

But who knows.

Watch it.
It's good.

Must see:
Veronica Mars
The Office
Prison Break

Might Check Out:
House
Grey's Anatomy
Bones

Not Going To Watch Anymore:
LOST

Must-see:

Charmed (finished)
Alias (finished)
Justice League (finished)
CSI (all Three)
Lost
The Ghost Whisperer
House
Boston Legal
Ghost Hunters
Bones
The Sheild
Nip/Tuck
Rescue Me

Might try:

Veronica Mars
The Unit

rerun classics:
Star trek
The Wild Wild West
and now that there finished I will watch reruns of Charmed and Alias

JLBats said:
Must see:
Veronica Mars
The Office
Prison Break

Might Check Out:
House
Grey's Anatomy
Bones

Not Going To Watch Anymore:
LOST

Those are really good shows.
Bones is too, but I have to admit, a big reason why I started watching the show was because of the Angel-fanboy in me.

Warhammer said:
Those are really good shows.
Bones is too, but I have to admit, a big reason why I started watching the show was because of the Angel-fanboy in me.

I've heard great things about House and Grey's Anatomy, but I mostly listed Bones because I too am an Angel fanboy.

So, as an update, I've officially started on Season 2 of "24". I'm about 6 episodes in or so, and things are pretty good so far.

I must say that Cuthbert's character annoys the hell out of me though. She's not the brightest character, and Cuthbert's not the most convincing actress either.

It took me a couple episodes to figure out why exactly the engaged girl's (who's quite, hot) dad looked so familiar....He's Jack Sheppard's dad from LOST!! He looks really different somehow..can't quite put my finger on it, but he's almost not even recognizable.

Anyway, Season 2 so far...ehh...7/10. Pretty decent with lots of potential to make it great.

Season 2 is pretty hit or miss for people. If you're into the Nina section of the season and you still don't love it, you probably won't ever come around.

JLBats said:
Season 2 is pretty hit or miss for people. If you're into the Nina section of the season and you still don't love it, you probably won't ever come around.

I've JUST got to the Nina section. The reveal that she was involved in this season's plot is the highlight of the season for me so far (that, and "I'm gonna need a hacksaw" line), so anything Nina will probably be good for me, luckily.

Season 2 still ranks as my favourite, though, if just for Mason's arc.

It's pretty much all downhill from there.

Seasons 3 and 4 kind of sucked, but this last season was great. Lots of twists and turns. Even Kim's participation in this season was actually meaningful and not annoying, and that's never happened before.
SouLeSS said:
Bloody hilarious show. :up:
Warhammer said:
Shows for the summer:

Rescue Me. (FX shows are good, so I'll give this one a catch)
Good choice. The entire cast is great and the character arcs are amazing. I feel comfortable saying it's the best show on television right now for seeing the broadest range of human emotion. You'll find yourself cracking up at something the firehouse crew does one moment, then shocked at the depths of their neuroses and baggage the next. I can't say enough good things about it. :up:

imdaly said:
So, as an update, I've officially started on Season 2 of "24". I'm about 6 episodes in or so, and things are pretty good so far.

I must say that Cuthbert's character annoys the hell out of me though. She's not the brightest character, and Cuthbert's not the most convincing actress either.

It took me a couple episodes to figure out why exactly the engaged girl's (who's quite, hot) dad looked so familiar....He's Jack Sheppard's dad from LOST!! He looks really different somehow..can't quite put my finger on it, but he's almost not even recognizable.

Anyway, Season 2 so far...ehh...7/10. Pretty decent with lots of potential to make it great.

Kim's arc is the only thing that kept season 2 from being the best season. Her character felt too tacked on and the problems she kept getting herself into were horrible. Cuthbert did the best she could with the script she had. The best though is the most ridiculous parts of the season include Johnny Drama of Entourage.

Kim's scenes/arcs are the worst part of every season of 24. I was so glad when someone finally realized that she's totally unnecessary to the show. Whether it was Cuthbert's decision to move to film or the creators' decision to can her, the show's been much better without her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"