Power Rangers Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerKing

Civilian
Reaction score
Does anyone still watch this show and enjoy it/what are your thoughts on it. I've watched the show from the very beinning and really enjoy it, hell I even have a website on it.

I'm not a mod or an admin, but I'm going to instate a rule. No anti-Disney/anti-Saban talk. If you have beef you say something like "You know the explosions are not something I'm fond of and I would prefer Disney not do that, etc".

Use these resources to help you:

www.rovang.org/wg/wgindex.htm
www.rangercentral.com
www.nakspowerrangers.com
www.rangermania.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers (beware some of the information could be incorrect)
www.legacyofpower.rangermania.com

Power Rangers? Let me explain...Power Rangers was a television program that debuted in 1993 and featured five to six teenagers who's destiny was to protect the world from aliens, demons, mutants, orgs (beings created through man's pollution), and cyborgs. Almost every year a new ranger replaces an old ranger or even a whole team is replaced with new suits and weapons though they most likely will meet in a team-up with the current team in the coming year.

Some of the other show premises have been ok. Their new one for next will be based arong magic and mythical creatures like the pheonix, unicorn, dragon, and a few others. Think Power Rangers meets Harry Potter :).

I can't make heads nor tails of most of your post. But yes it will involve magic but its not Power Rangers meets Harry Potter just because it involves magic. And next season is called Mystic Force.

I think it's more fun to talk about the different cliches and all the dumb stuff that Power Rangers had over the years. SPD is good, but there really hasn't been any good stuff to happen yet, I guess later in the season.

And like I've said before, the female rangers this time around are hot.

tecnowraith said:
Some of the other show premises have been ok. Their new one for next will be based arong magic and mythical creatures like the pheonix, unicorn, dragon, and a few others. Think Power Rangers meets Harry Potter :).
sounds likr they want a composite of power rangers and their cancelled series mystic knights of tyr nanog[excuse the spelling]

I used to watch the first few generations when I was younger. I stopped after a bit. Though I incidentally ran into a very nice episode of Power Rangers: Wild Force called "Forever Red". It was a treat to see Jason and Tommy again. And some of the others, too.

i was a HUGE fan during the mighty morphin' era but as soon as turbo came along i dropped the show like a red hot pipe.

I watched until the end of Space then stopped. They really ruined it when they stopped doing actual seasons and just changed the rangers after every season. The mighty Morphin then zeo etc were definately the best, it was always linked together

It's because the show went SAG during Turbo so each year an actor was on the show their pay would go up so it was cheaper to change the cast. However in some way each actor has come back to the show except for Thuy Trang (Trini), David Yost (Billy), Karan Ashley (Aisha), Nakia Burrise (Tanya), Russell Lawrence (Mike), and all six Wild Force ranger actors which is very good. But I like the team-ups (aka reunions) because it allows you to see the actors possibly one last time.

Power Rangers never fight good :mad: it's obviously there faking it and there acting is crap :)

RangerKing said:
It's because the show went SAG during Turbo so each year an actor was on the show their pay would go up so it was cheaper to change the cast. However in some way each actor has come back to the show except for Thuy Trang (Trini), David Yost (Billy), Karan Ashley (Aisha), Nakia Burrise (Tanya), Russell Lawrence (Mike), and all six Wild Force ranger actors which is very good. But I like the team-ups (aka reunions) because it allows you to see the actors possibly one last time.
Well, Trini is dead, so I doubt she's coming back anytime soon. As for Yost, last I heard he was teaching cancer-ridden children theater, so that's another possible not-gonna-happen.

Well what I'm getting at is at least every actor comes back but obviously Thuy Trang can't anymore.

Yeah, and it's kinda sad. I always thought she had the most personality of the original rangers.

I watched it religiously from mighty morphin to in space but then i stopped for a long time. I watched all of power rangers dino thunder. That was pretty good. SPD was watchable but that time i was tired of it again.

Btw in space and dino thunder i've seen a few episodes of lightspeed rescue and ninja storm and basically one or two episodes of every variation.

I watched some of the first season, didn't have cable at the time so that was hit or miss. But at the time I thought it was cool Green Ranger with the dragon was awsome. Lost track of it for years after that, but bought my satalite dish about the time the Lost Galaxy came on. I thought it was great but I haven't really liked any of the series since as much, hated that they took orders from a hamster in Ninja Storm. Although SPD is ok from what I've seen.

I steull watch it spd is getting better with every episode real great. I want to see dvd box sets but that will never happen.

Man I watched power rangers when I was like 3 my favorite was Jason the red ranger but now it's Old School.

Taking orders from a GUINEA PIG is no different than taking orders from a head in a mason jar, 3000 year old princess, or a big blue dog.

Drakon said:
Yeah, and it's kinda sad. I always thought she had the most personality of the original rangers.
agreed RIP ms trang

deathshead2 said:
I steull watch it spd is getting better with every episode real great. I want to see dvd box sets but that will never happen.

how come it will never happen? Why aren't there any power ranger box sets? I think(at LEAST) the first season or two would be a decent hit on dvd. I'd buy it in a heartbeat and I think a lot of people(even people in their 20's and teens) would buy the first season. I'm 22 but that show represents one of the last times I got obsessed with a kids' show and i want it, dagnabit!

Because Disney doesn't think the target audience would spend that kind of money (simply they don't have that kind of money) and parents wouldn't either on 38-60 episodes of a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"