Predict when SHH will shut down Josh Trank FF forum ?

I'm not sure how it works in terms of cost etc., but I'd have to imagine even if the forum is very slow (and it still seems relatively active to me), even a small amount of ad revenue should be enough to justify the cost of keeping it open (and I see a flashing banner ad at the top of this page).

I'm hoping for some good news by Comic-Con (or maybe sooner).

If we go through Comic-Con without even a hint of good things coming, I may get discouraged and stop hanging around, but I'd hope they can keep it open at least until Comic-Con (after waiting 45 years for a good FF film, 4 months seems like nothing).

Theres still a section open for 2012's Amazing Spider-man. This place will be open for quite some time.

I'm pretty sure this forum is more active than some of the DCEU forums. Cyborg isn't exactly drawing posters.

Indeed. I am somewhat baffled why they announced a Cyborg movie for their line-up, especially so far ahead of time.

Cyborg feels like Marvel having a Deathlok movie, and he's not exactly been very interesting, particularly the Agents of SHIELD Laser Tag version.

I'm hoping for some good news by Comic-Con (or maybe sooner).

If we go through Comic-Con without even a hint of good things coming, I may get discouraged and stop hanging around, but I'd hope they can keep it open at least until Comic-Con (after waiting 45 years for a good FF film, 4 months seems like nothing).
Don't know about some of you, but i hope for the day that i enter a movie in the MCU and seeing that flaming 4 in the sky and the First Family of Comics being what they were always meant to be: FANTASTIC

If the positive posters didn't like it, then fair enough. But why disappear and hide their heads in the sand instead of admitting they didn't like it and that the trailers or other things were misleading? Everyone else does that for every other CBM and forum.

When IM3 had its trailers, I thought the movie looked good. When it came out, I instantly expressed my dislike for the movie in the forum itself. It wasn't a case that I was ashamed I actually liked IM3 and then decided to hide now that it wasn't as I thought.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't post after it came out because I didn't see it. My interest was lower after the last trailer, so I wanted to see how the reception was before deciding whether to watch it (and posted something to that effect). When the reaction was terrible...well, so much for that.

Don't know about some of you, but i hope for the day that i enter a movie in the MCU and seeing that flaming 4 in the sky and the First Family of Comics being what they were always meant to be: FANTASTIC

I've been hoping for this for so long that it just feels like a crazy fantasy at this point - like winning the lottery.

Cyborg feels like Marvel having a Deathlok movie, and he's not exactly been very interesting, particularly the Agents of SHIELD Laser Tag version.

Laser-tag Deathlok, that made me laugh.

There were people who covered the whole spectrum, but it was annoying that every time we had bad news there would be people who would swarm in here (partly an aspect of SHH and what happens when a story is posted on the main page) and tell us how good something that was obviously bad was.

I can completely understand the many people who said things along the lines of "I'm not thrilled with what I'm seeing, but I still think it's going to be better than most people think." I, myself, tried to be optimistic throughout and hope it would be better than it looked. But there were people who defended everything about this film even though most of it seemed unquestionably bad.

For example, I think the costumes were really bad, and I can't imagine how any objective person with eyes could deny that, but I was called a "troll" for even asking the question "Are these the worst superhero costumes of the last 20 years?" (which, in my opinion, they were). (http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=30764083&postcount=4).

Yeah, and the poster who accused you of that ended up being banned about a week later due to their constant annoying behaviors.

Sometimes I wish he were still with us so we could hear the tantrum he would've thrown once this movie spectacularly flopped.

That actually would have been hilarious.

I would love to see that as a post credit scene and ripped from straight from the first issue --

Scene shows an earthquake in the city, with a giant monster crawling up from the ground. Cut to a shadowed figure in a nearby skyscraper firing a flare out of his office window and the flaming 4 appears in the sky above.

I think that would floor everybody.

If and when Marvel announces a reboot of their own

There were people who covered the whole spectrum, but it was annoying that every time we had bad news there would be people who would swarm in here (partly an aspect of SHH and what happens when a story is posted on the main page) and tell us how good something that was obviously bad was.

I can completely understand the many people who said things along the lines of "I'm not thrilled with what I'm seeing, but I still think it's going to be better than most people think." I, myself, tried to be optimistic throughout and hope it would be better than it looked. But there were people who defended everything about this film even though most of it seemed unquestionably bad.

For example, I think the costumes were really bad, and I can't imagine how any objective person with eyes could deny that, but I was called a "troll" for even asking the question "Are these the worst superhero costumes of the last 20 years?" (which, in my opinion, they were). (http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=30764083&postcount=4).

Remember when the leaked Domashev photos came out and he looked awful and we were scolded for think that's how he'd look in the final part of the movie?

How he'd TOTALLY have the classic Doom armor by the end of the movie?

I do. I remember it fondly.

How wrong we were. He totally looked like classic Doom in the end. Just goes to show you have to wait to see the final product, even if it looks and smells like a turd every step of the way. :o

He even had the classic head-popping from the comics that made him so feared. And the trash bag was to keep all the popped heads. Duh, should've known!

Remember when the leaked Domashev photos came out and he looked awful and we were scolded for think that's how he'd look in the final part of the movie?

How he'd TOTALLY have the classic Doom armor by the end of the movie?

I do. I remember it fondly.

I remember it like a hard kick in the nuts. I think that's the first moment I realized how really bad things were looking. Prior to that we saw the Thing bust - which looked much better than the final design - and there was still hope that the film would actually feature the FF.

I think the leaked Doom photo may have been the single worst moment for me, because that's when I started to lose hope that they had the sense to do anything right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"