Problem with Nvidia card.

Upset Spideyfan

Look on the bright side
Reaction score
Well, not so much the card itself but really the control panel program. I'm trying to play Knights of the Old Republic on the new Widescreen I purchased but I need to play around with the aspect ratio controls in order to get the game to be displayed properly. However, when I open my control panel and I go to the Display drop down menu all I get is Identify Displays. Now, I've researched a few sources and I know that's where its supposed to be so I'm guessing its some kind of problem on my end.

I've got a BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC with a DVI cord that uses a VGA adaptor to hook into my computer. I'm also running Windows XP. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Well, not so much the card itself but really the control panel program. I'm trying to play Knights of the Old Republic on the new Widescreen I purchased but I need to play around with the aspect ratio controls in order to get the game to be displayed properly. However, when I open my control panel and I go to the Display drop down menu all I get is Identify Displays. Now, I've researched a few sources and I know that's where its supposed to be so I'm guessing its some kind of problem on my end.

I've got a BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC with a DVI cord that uses a VGA adaptor to hook into my computer. I'm also running Windows XP. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I had to download PowerStrip to get my BFG 9800 to work right with a few games when I hooked it up to my widescreen. Maybe you could give that a shot?

Thanks for the speedy reply. I've got the program if you could give a brief rundown on what to do it would be appreciated. I tried playing around with it myself but to no avail.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I've got the program if you could give a brief rundown on what to do it would be appreciated. I tried playing around with it myself but to no avail.

What exactly won't work for you?

First off, you need to set your basic resolution to one of the widescreen 16:9 settings:

852x480
1280x720
1365x768
1600x900
1920x1080

Any fine tuning is done by right clicking on PowerStrip icon on your toolbar to bring up the special menus. For example if you need to adjust the screen location like I did to get Age of Conan centered properly, you'd first bring up the special menus and choose "Display Profiles" - "configure" and then "advanced timing". You can basically fix whatever display problem you have from the menu and create custom profiles if you have programs that conflict with any of the new settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"