Playstation PSVR (2nd Generation for the PS5)

Sony’s typical strategies aren’t cut out for a new technology like this that needs wide adoption first before trying to carve out any of the pie as exclusive. I’m massively interested in VR but there are too many options and you need multiple setups to be able to play all the VR games. That strategy works on (non-VR) console gaming as console gaming is already huge and established with reliable revenue every year. Fragmenting something that hasn’t yet made it is not the best move IMO.

I don't know how could Sony salvage this. Analysts suggest that they should lower their price, but how is Sony even gonna earn a profit when the newly launched accessory is already struggling just with pre orders and early sales.

There isn't a big Sony VR game that we know is coming. Horizon VR didn't do wonders. While the Resident Evil VR option for RE8/RE4R is merely an extra option for those who want to play the game in VR.

Hopefully Sony can end supporting VR2 by next year and use those resources to develop and grow new ips

Does anyone here have PSVR, or used it all? Just wondering how good quality the VR is and how easy to use it is.

Does anyone here have PSVR, or used it all? Just wondering how good quality the VR is and how easy to use it is.

I use it for VR games, non-VR games, and simply watching TV shows and movies.

I rarely play games through the TV anymore. I opt for the big screen experience which can often trick my mind into making me think that I’m actually inside the game’s world; especially open world games.

It was really surreal playing robocop with basically having a robohelmet on lol.

It’s a meditative or zen like experience being able to become completely engulfed in it. Almost like Daredevil’s bed that drains everything from the outside world out. It’s peaceful bliss.

Last edited:
I use it for VR games, non-VR games, and simply watching TV shows and movies.

I rarely play games through the TV anymore. I opt for the big screen experience which can often trick my mind into making me think that I’m actually inside the game’s world; especially open world games.

It was really surreal playing robocop with basically having a robohelmet on lol.

It’s a meditative or zen like experience being able to become completely engulfed in it. Almost like Daredevil’s bed that drains everything from the outside world out. It’s peaceful bliss.
Haha, that sounds like the right way to play Robocop, get some armour on too to complete the look. :cwink:

Thanks for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"