Rainbow Six Vegas 2 script

D

dcpuser

RAINBOW SIX VEGAS 2

EXT. PIC des PYRENEES - FRANCE

BISHOP arrives and meets up with DOMINGO CHAVEZ along with assorted RAINBOW SIX OPERATIVES.

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
Bishop.

BISHOP
It's been awhile, D.

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
It has. You look... different.
(pause)
Well that about does it for our back stories. I'd like you to meet our negotiator, Lieutenant Monroe.

MONROE
Our hostages are here to unveil something, something, something, blah, blah, no relevance to the game, blah, blah, terrorists and possibly a bomb somewhere, too.

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
So the plan is he distracts them and we go in and rescue the hostages. I'll take the veterans and you can go with the rookies.

BISHOP
What? Why?

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
Because I'm Rainbow Six and you're just an instructor.

BISHOP
No, you're not. John Clark is Rainbow Six and since when did we start using instructors?

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
Okay, we're not going to pretend we care about the chronological order of events in the series or this has anything to do with Rainbow Six. Go kill some terrorists.

He meets the recruits, LOGAN KELLER and GABRIEL NOWAK.

BISHOP
Ah, Logan. The hero of Vegas 1. I guess we are in a flashback scene then.

LOGAN KELLER
Uh, yeah, kind of...

BISHOP
What happened to your Southern accent?

LOGAN KELLER
That comes after I go to Mexico.

BISHOP
I see.

They head out into the catwalk and BISHOP kills the first terrorist with ease.

GABRIEL NOWAK
Nice shot. First kill goes to Bishop.

BISHOP
Thanks. Killing is fun!

They proceed to kill MORE STUPID TERRORISTS. What passes for character development occurs between the three and it becomes extremely clear GABRIEL NOWAK has NO BUSINESS being an elite Rainbow operative. Eventually they reach the hostages. Surprisingly, Gabriel ****S UP and gets MONROE killed.

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
What the hell happened in there?

BISHOP
It's over. Monroe is dead. We need to talk. What exactly are our requirements to join Rainbow again? I thought it involved selecting top flight people with established military backgrounds instead of, say, some punk with an itchy trigger finger?

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
We'll discuss that later. Your priority now is to find that bomb.

The game quickly degenerates into an arcade shooter relying on explosions and STUPID TERRORISTS running into gunfire than say, make usage of counter-terrorism tactics and strategy. They reach the BOMB and BISHOP orders GABRIEL to disarm it.

GABRIEL NOWAK
I can't work with you near me. Please move far away but not far enough that you can't reach me if we get ambushed and I'm shot!

This happens. Seriously.

GABRIEL NOWAK
I knew this would happen! You set me up out here! You better hope this doesn't come back to haunt you five years later!

FIVE YEARS LATER

INT. HELICOPTER - SOMEWHERE OVER VEGAS PROBABLY

BISHOP meets his new Rainbow team, MICHAEL WALTERS and JUNG PARK. There is also a communications officer named SHARON JUDD and the pilot named GARY.

BISHOP
Where am I now? I can't tell from the bland graphics in the background.

SHARON
Yeah, it looks like someone highlighted the city and just clicked Fill with grey color. Seriously how the hell does this look worse than the original game? Anyway, Six is on the line. He wants you to lead this team into Vegas for a covert operation.

BISHOP
No, I was supposed to be back in the Academy doing what all old grizzled veterans do.

MICHAEL WALTERS
Not shave for weeks and tell boring old war stories to us young pups about how you killed twenty men with just your knife and teeth?

BISHOP
Sort of. Aren't you two supposed to be in Mexico, too, with Logan?

JUNG PARK
Not a sequel. Remember? The events of this game run parallel to events going on with Vegas 1… yeah, that certainly is the best idea for a plot.

MICHAEL WALTERS
What plot? I hope this game seriously explains what the hell was going on with Vegas 1 then because it didn't do a very good job telling it.

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
(voice over)
Bishop, we have chemical weapons somewhere in Vegas and we believe the Cabreros brothers are involved. I need you and Alpha team to go in and work with an undercover agent from the NSA. This may or may not have anything to do with the operation currently going on in Vegas 1 but who cares.

POINTLESS CHARACTER
Oh, I'm from the NSA and here to act like an ******* to you and your team!

BISHOP
Great. Let's go!

Somehow the undercover agent, NEVILLE, gets his cover blown though this was never explained but who cares since we get to kill MORE TERRORISTS! The game becomes a rescue mission but BISHOP FAILS. Eventually they reach a cluster of WAREHOUSES and rescue a bunch of Hispanic workers.

BISHOP
Okay, something went right for a change.

HISPANIC WORKER #1
Not really. You're late. The terrorists made off with some chemical weapons in a white van.

BISHOP
Ahh, back to a Counter-Terrorism game then! Sharon, I need you to track down this white van with the weapons. Don't bother alerting any of the local authorities about this by the way.

SHARON JUDD
(voice over)
Sounds good. Oh hey it looks like they stopped at a university. We'll drop you off there.

The RAINBOW team gets airlifted to the University. There is a HUGE FIREFIGHT. TERRORISTS suddenly develop the magical ability to appear out of thin air and fire weapons that have no business being accurate with extraordinary skill and accuracy!

BISHOP
What the hell? Didn't you hire professionals to come here and rate these firearms?

UBISOFT
No. Our software developers and engineers are more qualified than actual experts from, I don't know, the military or weapon manufacturers. Really.

The team clears out the university of terrorists and make their way to the Stadium.

EXT. STADIUM

MICHAEL uses his explosives to blast down the first set of locked doors then resorts to KICKING on the second set of doors. He FAILS. Hundreds of people die.

BISHOP
Wait. These terrorists were dumb enough to crash a university in broad daylight and no one told the people in the stadium next door to evacuate?

SHARON JUDD
(voice over)
Not even an attempt by us to shoot the terrorists while they were on the open roof and we were hovering over them.

BISHOP
How idiotic of you. Hey, there's Miguel getting away!

The RAINBOW team chases MIGUEL into a construction yard and CORNER HIM into a yard.

MIGUEL CABREROS
Epa, epa! Andale! Andale! If you haven't figured it out I'm clearly an offensive Mexican stereotype.

BISHOP
Yes, you are. Where's the other bomb?

MIGUEL CABREROS
Up my ass, you pendejo *******?
(dies)

BISHOP
That's certainly a vague description. Sharon, fly us to our next stage of the game.

His team reaches the CONVENTION CENTER and after some more terrorist killing they discover a bomb was loaded onto a monorail train. They eventually reach the site.

BISHOP
This bomb is about to explode. We can’t detonate it while it’s in station and risk blowing ourselves up. Quick, move the train two feet past the station then blow it!

JUNG PARK
Thanks, Captain Obvious.

SHARON JUDD
(voice over)
Hey, Bishop. We have yet another bomb out there and according to this info provided by this NSA agent who just appeared out of nowhere but seemed trustworthy enough it’s at a penthouse.

BISHOP
I see. No need for me to verify this information.

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
(voice over)
No need for us to verify either. Take Bravo team and take out that bomb.

MICHAEL WALTERS
I thought we were Alpha team? And how come you keep designating us as Alpha, or whatever when none of the previous Rainbow games did that?

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
(voice over)
Just get on the chopper already.

They head back into the helicopter.

JUNG PARK
Why are we taking the chopper to his penthouse? Isn't that like waving a huge black flag in front of them saying here we are, come shoot us?

MYSTERIOUS NSA AGENT
Don’t worry. The roof is clear.

SHARON is SHOT by a sniper on the roof.

MYSTERIOUS NSA AGENT
Whoops?

BISHOP
That’s okay. She was pointless in the game anyway. Let’s go.

Eventually, RAINBOW ECHO team arrives to assist Bravo, err, Alpha team.

ECHO TEAM LEADER
It’s all clear for us to land and proceed, right?

MYSTERIOUS NSA AGENT
Sure, why not?

The floor they land on BLOWS THE **** UP!

MYSTERIOUS NSA AGENT
Whoa, I totally did not see that coming either. Sorry, Bishop. I know how much you hate those terrorists so I’ll tell you where the other Cabreros brother is and you can go hunt him down? Hopefully blind vengeance is enough to distract someone as dumb as you.

BISHOP
I still see absolutely no reason not to trust you.

MYSTERIOUS NSA AGENT
Excellent.

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
(voice over)
Hold on a second here. Bishop, I’m ordering you not to go.
(pause)
Okay, you can go but don’t count on any backup. I’m sending Michael and Jung to Mexico to meet Logan so we can start Rainbow Six Vegas 1.

BISHOP and the MYSTERIOUS NSA AGENT fly into the Oil Fields to hunt down the other Cabreros brother who up till now could be a can of corn for all we know based on ZERO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and BUILDUP.

MYSTERIOUS NSA AGENT
You go ahead without me, Bishop. I should head back to Las Vegas to assist Logan and his team when they arrive there.

BISHOP lands and proceeds to kick some terrorist ass until he finally reaches ALVAREZ CABREROS who surprisingly or not surprisingly is meeting with the mysterious NSA agent in the Hangar.

BISHOP
I thought you were in Vegas?

MYSTERIOUS NSA AGENT
I was.

BISHOP
What? It’s like a three hour trip to get to the oil fields here from Vegas and you managed to go back, get caught, and rescued by Logan, then fly back here in less than an hour?

MYSTERIOUS NSA AGENT
Yeah and if that doesn’t blow your mind, maybe this will.

He reveals himself to be GABRIEL NOWAK which comes as a no surprise.

GABRIEL NOWAK
Ha ha. I’m the mastermind behind all of this! I was the one who worked with the Cabreros in setting up the chemical weapons! Now I'm going to kill you by sending my men through the windows...
(runs away)

BISHOP
Traitor! Gary, I’m hopelessly outnumbered. Do something!

GARY fires his missiles into the hangar and kills everyone except for Bishop somehow. He staggers on board the chopper and sees MICHAEL and JUNG.

BISHOP
Why is it every time one of you become wounded the other will come and heal but when I'm down none you would heal me?

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
(voice over)
Nevermind that. So Gabriel has been working with them all along? We need to discuss this. Bishop, return to base so you can debrief us.

BISHOP
Screw your orders. I’m going after him like all movie heroes do.

MICHAEL WALTERS
How clichéd of you. And we’re coming, too!

JUNG PARk
Yes, let’s all go to the island villa Gabriel was stupid enough to lead us to because surely no one would dare attack him in a house.

EXT. VILLA

A bunch of Rainbow teams appear out of nowhere and overwhelm the terrorists with extraordinary ease. They get to the tennis court area to confront GABRIEL NOWAK.

LOGAN KELLER
Hey, you know Gabriel was with me the entire time you were on your way down to his estate, right? If you guys knew he was a traitor how come I was never informed? Could have saved you a whole lot of trouble and fuel if you simply made a stupid phone call to me and I could have taken him down in Vegas 1.

BISHOP
I'm not in Vegas 1. Anyway, all teams stand down. This is between him and me.

BISHOP walks outside only to be confronted by an ATTACK CHOPPER.

BISHOP
When I said him and me I meant him and his helicopter and me with my gun. Are you kidding me?

BISHOP begins shooting at the helicopter while Gabriel stupidly shoots missiles over his head and blowing up the mansion behind him... presumably KILLING THE RAINBOW TEAMS inside BISHOP had asked to stand down. Eventually GABRIEL gives up for no good reason allowing time for BISHOP to find a better spot and angle to shoot the **** out of his chopper. The chopper crashes and GABRIEL emerges from the wreck unharmed.

BISHOP
Why did you turn traitor, Gabriel?

GABRIEL NOWAK
Why? WHY?! Because you're always trying to help me fix my mistakes and you never let me account for anything. Why do you always need to make excuses for me whenever I **** up?

BISHOP
You manipulated two terrorist factions, killed a bunch of our elite Rainbow operatives, murdered hundreds of innocent civilians and causing millions of dollars in damage all because I wanted to help you?

GABRIEL NOWAK
And you promoted Logan over me!
(whines incessantly)

TOM CLANCY is heard vomiting violently in the background. BISHOP shoots GABRIEL.

DOMINGO CHAVEZ
(voice over)
Congratulations! You disobeyed direct orders. You have the common sense of a toaster and you have done absolutely nothing in the game that proves you are a capable leader at any capacity. What better person to ask to work with me as deputy director of this sorry unit!

MICHAEL WALTERS
What a great Hollywood ending!

GAME OVER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"