kedrell

Fork&SpoonOperator
Reaction score
316229-20654-123881-1-razor_super.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8338

Arclight, Most to Adapt Razor

Source:The Hollywood Reporter
May 17, 2009

The Hollywood Reporter says that Arclight Films and Jeff Most Productions are joining forces to produce Razor, based on Everette Hartsoe's comic about a female action hero.

The $15 million live-action production is scheduled to begin principal photography in Australia in early 2010 with Arclight's Gary Hamilton and Most's Jeff Most producing and Arclight president of sales and acquisitions as executive producer.

The film's screenplay revolves around the character of Razor, the alter ego of Nicole Mitchell, whose LAPD detective father was murdered when she was a child. By day she helps disaffected teens on the streets; at night she defends innocent victims.

Yes, I used to love that comic. Please make it as hard-core R-rated as humanly possible.:grin:

Gifted’ Actress Emma Dumont To Star In ‘Razor’ Comic Film Adaption From Rob Cohen
https://deadline.com/2018/06/the-gifted-emma-dumont-razor-comic-film-rob-cohen-1202416303/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Emma Dumont, who stars in Fox’s X-Men based series, The Gifted, has been tapped as the eponymous lead in Razor, a film from director Rob Cohen, which he adapted from the comic book series of the name by Everett Hartsoe. The Crow producer Jeff Most will produce Razor with Grant Cramer (Lone Survivor), Anna Wang (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2), Christopher Milburn (Hunter’s Prayer), and Philip Lee (The Dark Knight).

Dumont will star as Nicole Mitchell, a young woman who, as a ten-year-old, witnesses her cop father’s murder by a gang of upwardly mobile crime figures who seek to thwart his investigation into their nefarious activities. The trauma lands her in a sanitarium for a decade in which time she develops a complex plan of revenge on the murderers.
“Emma is a renaissance woman,” said director Cohen. “She’s a wonderful actress, a professional ballet dancer, and is currently getting her degree in Robotics Engineering. I have her training in Krav Maga and, believe me, there is nothing she can’t do.”

Most added, “Emma was born to play Razor. She is the embodiment of Everette Hartsoe’s comic character come to life. Emma naturally exudes the inner strength, acumen, athleticism, vulnerability, likability and street-wise intelligence that are the hallmarks of “Razor”. I couldn’t be more excited about finding the right actress in Emma to bring the character of Razor to life.”

4FohlsO.jpg

I am so happy Emma was cast in this. She is brilliant on The Gifted, and I'm glad she is getting more attention.

Not a comic I've ever read, but having done a bit of searching on the www I'm up for this!

The plot sounds cliche but at this point virtually every superhero plot is a cliche so no marks against it for that. I'll give them points for going with a female hero this time around instead for a change. Other than a somewhat cheesy name it doesn't sound bad (but without more context, it doesn't sound all that interesting either).

Never heard of the comic but Emma Dumont was great as Polaris on The Gifted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"