Received a spam e-mail from "SHH"

Yeah i saw this thread, checked my email and deleted it

Yep, I got one, too. I feel included.

We're investigating how that hacker could have gotten access to the board members' e-mails.

Maybe an announcement should be made for the people who don't read this part of the board.

why are the idiots targeting the hype recently
vendetta?

i went straight to my junk folder anyway

I just got the e-mail. Good thing I checked whether or not the board is working and from the looks of it, it's working fine.

If you get the email, delete it & don't click the link.:o

i kinda figured that, i meant as the main picture for the hype, thankfully i didn't click the link(i'm not stupid)

i would recommend everyone run the usual virus and spy ware stuff on there system just in case

I click the link! before i come to the hype,

i'm on an apple emac! What could happen ?¿ :huh:

Holy crap I couldn't believe how much spyware that link installs (I work in anti-spyware so I had to check it out). I feel bad for anyone who clicks on it, it's not even worth manually disinfecting, might as well just reformat the PC! Well ok maybe it is worth manually disinfecting but if that were me I'd just say screw it and reformat/re-Ghost. :p

Hey, do you think my Mac will be ok ?

I don't how to check if its alright.

I work from home, i make Cartoons. :huh:

Statistically, 99% of all spyware is written for Windows. I haven't used a Mac in like 15 years so you're on your own. :o

As for this e-mail spoof attempt, I think there's a high chance it got sent to every single SHH-registered user. So potentially thousands of people. I definitely think this merits a main-page announcement so masses of people don't get infected with spyware.

I got it as well. I did not think you would sent something like this. It did not feel superhero-ish :woot:, more villain-ish.

Statistically, 99% of all spyware is written for Windows. I haven't used a Mac in like 15 years so you're on your own. :o

Oh, well thats abit of good news.

I'm still worried though!

We need The Dark Knight Detective!

Well Zonealarm flagged one item when I checked the site (couldn't resist) and AOL just blocked two other items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"